• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

positive thoughts..pls!

starlucks

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

My partner's cousin (who he lived with growing up) was in a head-on collision with a truck on Monday.

She's been taken to ER, but has suffered sever head and chest damage. The doctors are saying she won't make it, and that she has severe brain damage too. They have already suggested taking her off life-support, however her mother wants to keep her on...

I'm not religious, but my partners family are, so if anyone could just say a little prayer if you're religious, or simply just send out positive energy for Sarah, and her mother Deborah.

We've been researching and there are lots of cases where people make unexpected recoveries from this, if anyone has any stories like that it would be great to share with them..

I don't mean to be a downer, and i don't want you to feel that ay either - just have faith that she'll be ok..

Don't worry about being a "downer". This section is here just for this purpose: to support people in need of some compassion and help people cope with the things life seems to unfairly throw at them.

I am sending good thoughts and prayers to Sarah and Deborah. And I am sending hugs :hug: to you and your partner. I wish I had some uplifting stories, unfortunately my little sister died of something similar just two months ago. You do not know how much I wish I could tell you an uplifting story right now. All I can say is don't let them do anything until they have run all the scans and tests they can. My great-aunt's brother-in-law was almost declared dead, but they waited on one last scan, and there was some activity and he woke up less than two weeks later.

I hope hope Sarah's story turns out happily.
Stay strong,
Alisa

We are here to help each other through the good times and the not so good times..

I will send positive thoughts and energy your way.. and a prayer as well. It is so hard when someone is given no hope to always make the best decisions for everyone involved. Sometimes you cannot let go for whatever reasons.. I do hope that they all make the right decisions for all of them..

Hugs!!!!!!

I will pray that they make the right decision. I also will say a prayer for everyone involved.

Hi,

Thanks everyone for their support, I really appreciate it and it's so nice to know there are friendly people all over the world!

Unfortunately Sarah didn't make it. She passed away on Friday at just 23 years old.

It's been extremely sad for everyone. And I just cannot imagine how her mother is.

Thanks again everyone. It really is comforting just reading your words.

starlucks, I just read this thread. I am so sorry. My condolences to your partner and his family. Strength and courage to you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter