Positive thoughts on July only please!

I went at the end of June and was a nervous and scared by the negative posts as you. I'd never been to WDW before and I wasn't sure what to think. We had a wonderful time. Don't be nervous. Just go early, leave at Noon and go back at 5:30 or 6pm. We never waited in any lines, rode all the major rides and saw everything we wanted. You're going to love it.

:sunny:

We just got back and we had a GREAT time!! :cool1:

We are from No. California and we frequent Disneyland at least once a year, maybe more. To me the crowds were no way near as crowded as I've seen it in DL. In fact last weekend was great because I think alot of the locals stayed away because of Dennis. We were in AK and it didn't seem crowded at ALL!

The heat, I think I tolarated it better then I thought I would. A typical summer for us here in California is 90's everyday. Just when you think you can't stand it any longer a cloud comes around to cover the sun or sometimes it rains. You can always find a shady spot somewhere. It doesn't do that here!

The only time I really felt it was waiting a 1/2 hour for the Cinderellabration at 4 in the afternoon. NO SHADE, NO SEATS just the sun beatin down on ya. :sunny: After the show my dd (6) said it was the BEST THING SHE HAD EVER SEEN. So I guess it was worth it. Even though I felt a little woosy afterwords!

Marianne

We leave in 10 days as well. I'm not the least bit concerned about heat and crowds. I believe it's all in how you approach the trip..."attitude" as an earlier poster said. If you begin with a positive attitude, there's no way you can't have a wonderful trip.

Start your day early, take a break, stay hydrated, be flexible and chat it up with anyone you meet.

I'm so happy so many of you have had positive experiences. I'm really starting to get excited now!! :banana: Thanks so much - this was just what I needed to get in a positive frame of mind about my trip. :grouphug:

Cinderella822 said:
Ok - I'm leaving in 10 days and by this time, I'm usually extremely excited and can't wait to go. However, with all the negative posts on here I've been reading lately, I'm now very worried that my trip will be ruined. :guilty: The heat I know to expect. Went in August last year and it was in the mid 90's the whole time. I know it will be crowded, probably even more so than last August. But, am I wasting my money and my only week off of work for the year? All these negative posts are really upsetting me. Anyone have anything positive to say about going in July or anyone just back who can ease my fears a little. Positive posts only please!! :flower:

You have spent alot of time and money on this vacation! Don't let people who WEREN'T prepared for the July heat and crowds to ruin your vacation! I am leaving in 5 days and am SUPER excited! :Pinkbounc

Have a wonderful trip!!! :sunny:

Just came back-I always have to go in July. Crowds were heavy but be prepared. Wear light colored clothing,use those cool neck bands(they were a life saver) make AR so you are assured of a nice sit down meal. Drink plenty of water and lay OFF the soda.

Definately hit the parks early!!! You can achieve so much more---and the most important tip of all, use Fast Pass!!! I don;t know how any of us did the parks without it in years past.

With the use of FP, I never waited more then 10-15 minutes(and that was for Soarin, which is awesome by the way) for any ride. Take advantage of your resorts pool and shopping. I bought the majority of my souvenirs in the WL mercantile. Have a great trip!!! :cool1:

Thrid July trip for us starts July 23rd. We have had no regrets nor problems. Yes, it is hot but weather report is not much different here in PA this week. Our September trip a few years ago was much wose than July heat and humid wise. Crowds are crowds, be smart, plan, be flexible, use Fastpass and it is not bad. EMH are now early and late use them and get more out of the vacation. Flexibility is the key - you get to the atraction you want to ride and it is VERY crowded, might be best to just keep on walking and catch it later. I noticed that the crowds seem to move as a group, maybe it is all those people who BUY touring plans and guides thinking they are getting some "secret" information. If crowds are really bad at one park take a trip to another and see how it is. Sometimes the crowds are a blessing as you can take the time to discover the hidden magic of WDW that is not part of an attraction. One good thing is that some attractions that are not normally open - CoP and Time Keeper are open. Do not let other rain on your parade nor let the rain get you down - an afternoon shower is a great relief and can add fun as well - turn the kids loose in the puddles to go splashing along wing their favorite tune, in fact join them! When was the last time you did a good puddle splash???

Count down is on and remember a bad day at Disney beats a great day at work any time!!!

Hi, we too just returned from our first summer visit and we had a great time! I was very nervous about the heat and crowds but we were pleasantly surprised at how well we handled the weather. Try and go early if possible - not just for the heat but for ride times and fast passes. We could walk on easily at 9:00 am but later in the afternoon fast passes were gone and the long wait times conflicted with dinner reservations, shows, etc.

We were there from July 10th through today. July wasnt my first choice for our trip but it worked out just fine. Go and enjoy!

we just returned as well. so what, it was hot; florida is always hot in the summer. we travel to florida every summer, whether we make it to disney or not. it is still a vacation for us and i have ignored all of the people who want to know why i would go to florida in the summer heat.

we were at animal kingdom and it was fine. the pool was a wonderful break in the afternoon and not crowded at all. though the parks were busy, there was always a way to find a nice, peaceful area, even if just to cut over to another section.

we went early so we could get at least two rides in while the wait was listed at five minutes. then we got a fast pass and did another ride while waiting to use our fast pass.

even the when we went to Epcot at about 11:30 am, we got a fast pass for test track, then had lunch, walked back and did another ride, and hoped onto test track.

we never try to cram everything possible in the day, even if it is not a peak season, and try to enjoy it. we know we will be back and each time we come, it is a different experience as our kids get older.

we only had rain one night, after we were already in our room for the night! Last time we went in June, we had lots more rain, even changed dinner plans one night because it was storming. And the June trip, when we left an Epcot restaurant, it was pouring; still, looking at the bright side, we had a reason to get our yellow Mickey ponchos!

you will have an awesome trip! Enjoy!

My parents just got back from Disney this week and even thought it was hot and crowded, the longest they waited for anything was 30 min. And that was for soarin (which my mom cannot stop talking about.....she said it was awesome!!!!) So if you can just go with the flow, make the best of fastpass and get to the parks when they open, you should be fine

Hope you have a great time :banana:

also just returned, and as you can see , we go in July alot!

We had a great time, my only complaint was the pool temp was too warm to swim in, so instead, we showered and changed DH and kids took a nap, and we would go back for dinner and till closing time.We swam at night once., that was truly our only disappointment.

Or the days we stayed all day, we took long sit down lunch and dinner followed by a long show.

My biggest tip is get to each park when it opens, try to go to the one that had emh the night before, and leave for a little while in the afternoon.

Also, get a ADR for crystal palace character breakfast for 810 on a regular morning. You won't believe how empty main street is and the fantastic pix you'll get in front of the castle!

It is hot, but we followed our plan, used fast pass, never waited for any rides for more than 15 min or so. We had a GREAT time,as we always do in the summer.

Like I said in another post, We had much more fun than we did in January!!

There is a VERY EXCITING energy @ WDW during the summer months, more so then any other time of year! You will have a wonderful time. Dress very light & comfortable & DRINK GALLONS of WATER! If possible take afternoon breaks!

You will have a wonderful time! :sunny:

We went June 27th - July 10th last year. It was the best holiday we've ever had! Used the Unofficial guide touring plans and didn't queue for anything. All the rides were open, parades/fireworks were on every night and I think its a great atmosphere when the parks are busy.

Have fun.

We went last year in July. We loved it!!! Actually liked it so much we are going back in less then a week. Don't let the negative posts get you down. You know what to except. It will be wonderful. Sending pixie dust your way. :wizard:

I've always gone in the summer. I love it! I'd rather have heat than snow! In fact, I am planning a trip in December 06, and I am having anxiety about it being too cold! The parks in the summer are open later and like another poster mentioned, there is an energy in the parks that is truly exhilarating. With that said, yes it is HOT, and yes it does rain. You make the most of it though. One time in August I was in AK, and I felt like the sun was using my body as a pillow, so I simply went back to my resort in the afternoon to cool off. No troubles! Have a fantastic time. I am quite jealous! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter