Positive news about my dad!

MickeysMommy

DIS Veteran
Hi all! :wave2: Just wanted to give those of you who have been keeping my dad in your prayers an update. We have been to the doctor a few times over the past couple of weeks and each time we go it gets more positive. He still has severe pain in his lower back but we are starting to get that under control. His worst time of day is when he tries to get out of bed. A girlfriend of mine gave him a small bed rail that he pulls himself up with and he has been able to get out of bed much easier. That coupled with a "long-acting" pain medication has made a world of difference. He looks good ~ he has his days but of course he can't go anywhere yet. He walks around the house and goes out on the deck and that's about it. He will have to have a stem cell transplant in about 6 months but we are going to worry about that when the time comes. For that, we have to go to Westchester and his doctor down there is the Chief of Oncology so we are pleased about that. He along with his current oncologist are very good and pretty much the best in the business. One great thing that came out of his appointment yesterday was that the doctor told us that in the near future he will be off his one pain medication and will not have to use the cane. Yeah! I do ask that if you would still keep him in your prayers it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

This is good news!! The road ahead is long but these little bits of good news can really keep ya goin'!!

I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers.

Yes, that is good news....I hope the best for your Dad.

Just keep this in mind...baby steps...baby steps... because sometimes things seem overwhelming.

Thanks for keeping us informed. Tons of PD headed your way!

Thanks for the encouraging update, Stacey. Some good news there for sure. Contiuned good wishes and prayers are with him.

Dan

Stacey, thanks for that update. Sounds like things are going fairly well. Continued prayers for your dad {{hugs}}

I'm glad your father is doing a little better. I will continue my prayers for him, though.

Thanks for the update.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter