Poseidon's Fury, Sinbad & Water Rides

crazycatlady

DIS Veteran
We are spending a day at IOA in October :cool1: and I am wondering about the Voyage of Sinbad and Poseidon's Fury. Are they pretty good? Do they have multiple shows all day and is there a schedule? Any info on these would be great!

Also, my hubby dislikes water rides. If I can only talk him on to one, which one is the best? Are any of them meh and skippable? We love Splash Mountain...are any of them similar in concept, with the cute characters etc.?

I can't tell you about Sinbad since I've never watched the show (I think it's a show, if not someone else will chime in) but Poseidon's fury is more like a walk thought that immerses you in the "goings on". I personally love it and so do my kids, so having said that I would tell anyone to experience it just once. :)

Sinbad is cute for little kids. Yours are probably too old to waste time on it. If you want to do one water ride, I'd do Jurassic Park river adventure for getting the least wet. Poseidan's Fury is one of those attractions you should do at least once. It is not a ride.

Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls is identical to Splash Mountain, but i do think you get a little more wet, but it's a great ride nonetheless

Dudley Do Right's Ripsaw Falls is identical to Splash Mountain, but i do think you get a little more wet, but it's a great ride nonetheless

The drop on Dudley is very different than the drop on Splash though. It has an extra bunny hop at the bottom and is steeper. Dudley hill is 75 ft and Splash is 52 ft. I think you get a lot more wet...especially from the people who spray you at the bottom of the ride. There are cute little characters on Ripsaw Falls though.

You get the same amount of wet on Jurassic Park as you get on Splash Mountain. On Ripsaw, you get pretty wet, but not usually totally soaked unless you're in the front.

I'm generally soaked when I get off Ripsaw, due entirely to being sprayed by the water guns at the bottom of the main drop. I also got quite the splashing on one of the smaller drops this past trip. Usually I can be mostly dry otherwise, but those people paying to shoot the water guns get me every time!

They either don't have the water guns anymore or only have them turned on during July and August. I just rode this today and there were tons of people standing around watching. I expected to get hit after the ride, but never did. When I looked up, there were just a bunch of people standing there watching. Couldn't see where there were any water guns. The change machine is still there though.

They either don't have the water guns anymore or only have them turned on during July and August. I just rode this today and there were tons of people standing around watching. I expected to get hit after the ride, but never did. When I looked up, there were just a bunch of people standing there watching. Couldn't see where there were any water guns. The change machine is still there though.

We rode on Saturday (Sept. 25) and the water guns were most definitely turned on - I got two lovely shots to the face right after each other!

I really thought I read that they disabled them months ago. I didn't see anyone shooting them off at all today. And it was busy.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I am thinking that we will try Poseidon, Jurassic Park, and Ripshaw Falls and skip Sinbad. Anyone like the Popeye water ride or is it just like Kali River Rapids? My son loves that ride, so maybe we will send him first and see how he likes it.

If you like Kali, you will love Popeye. It is quite a bit more adventurous.

We did not ride Ripsaw Falls for some reason, but we did do Jurassic River Adventure and the Bilge Rats rapids ride. Loved them both! We only got a little wet on Jurassic. It compares pretty well to Splash Mountain, even though the hill is much larger. The rapids ride was fantastic and compares to most others that I've been on.

As for the water guns, they were on a couple weeks ago. We saw people shooting them off.

And if you don't want to get wet, don't ride One Fish Two Fish in Seuss Landing. My friend and I learned that the hard way and got drenched on it. :rotfl:

We did not ride Ripsaw Falls for some reason, but we did do Jurassic River Adventure and the Bilge Rats rapids ride. Loved them both! We only got a little wet on Jurassic. It compares pretty well to Splash Mountain, even though the hill is much larger. The rapids ride was fantastic and compares to most others that I've been on.

As for the water guns, they were on a couple weeks ago. We saw people shooting them off.

And if you don't want to get wet, don't ride One Fish Two Fish in Seuss Landing. My friend and I learned that the hard way and got drenched on it. :rotfl:

You don't need to get wet on One Fish Two Fish. If you listen to the song, it tells you how to avoid the water.

Might i suggest wearing a poncho on Popeye as going on it is like jumping into a pool with your clothes on :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter