• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

portraits in WDW?

waltdisneymama

Mouseketeer
Hello,
Are there still artists who paint people's portraits in WDW? Has anyone had three children portrayed in one portrait? Any idea how much this would cost?
Thank you!!

I would like to know too. What about silhouettes? I would like one of those, too.
C

I think I recall seeing this in the Animal Kingdom-not sure if it was paint, chalk or what and didn't stop to see about prices. Sorry I can't be more help!! But it is out there...

if you are staying on site, check the lobby of your resort. The POP has a character portraitist across from the Everything POP shop. Check the sign there for times. If you bring photos for artists to work with, it helps.

DisGal
:cool2:

I had chalk drawings done in Disney World (on Main Street). It cost either $30 or $35. It took about 1/2 hour. These were not the caricatures - they were the actual likenesses. Silhouettes were considerably cheaper. Maybe $15 or so? I don't remember exactly.

wjtsl,
I believe it is chalk drawings that I'm thinking of (had them done years ago.) You said it was about $30 or $35 - was that for one person? To have three people portrayed in one drawing (will they do that?), would it be triple that amount; do you know?
Thanks!!

The $30-$35 was for one person. I didn't see the option to get more than one person in drawing - but wasn't looking for it either.

There is an artist in the lobby of the Grand Floridian, also one in MK near the entrance (from Main Street) of Liberty Square. Not sure of the price though.

They also have a charactures everywhere!

We had a drawing done of our daughters by the lady at the GF. She took a picture of them and finished it at a later time. We got it in the mail approximately 6 weeks after the picture was taken. I think the picture came out perfect. Of course I'm being biased of my darling little girls.
I don't remember the price, but it was over $100.00 and it included the price for shipping it home.

I looked at the prices when I was there in 2006 and I don't remember for sure but I think it was $30-$35 and I know it was per person. I though of doing it with my 2 DD but didn't want to pay quite that much. I might consider it this time though. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter