Portrait sessions at Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by nemofans, Dec 21, 2009.

1. nemofans

nemofans DIS Veteran

I would like to hear some experiences w/the portrait sessions scheduled at one of the resorts. Ds will have just turned 1 & I wanted to schedule a session to do a family portrait as well as one year photos of DS.
    How long is the session? How are the packages? When do you get to see the proofs & when do you get the photos? Is it just like Photopass or different?
    I was thinking of having them done at WL, but not sure how to fit it in our schedule.
    Thanks!:flower3:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Native NYer

Native NYer DIS Veteran

We did one last year at the Poly. It lasted about an hour. I ordered the Photopass CD before the trip and all of the photo session pics were put on there. The photos on the beach were amazing.

We're doing it again this summer at the Poly and GF.

4. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

DH and I did it at GF for our 1 year anniversary. It took about 45 mins and had multiple spots at GF. In the end there were around 50-60 pictures and you get to see them right away. The package included a special photopass CD (with full copyrights and permission/release so you can take the CD anywhere to get more prints) plus you got to pick a print package and we got like 6 5x7's (there are other options too). It is very worth it and fun.

5. nemofans

nemofans DIS Veteran

So how much time should I allow in our schedule for this? If the session takes about an hour, then how much time looking at proofs & selecting package? How much was the photopass CD w/the rights?

6. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

My nieces did the side profile sketches in MK next to the Hall of Presidents...took about 45 minutes for the 2 of them in one picture in color. It isnt the cartoonish ones but the real sketch ones

7. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

8. nemofans

nemofans DIS Veteran

DH & I had one of those done my 1st trip & I plan on doing it this trip w/our boys too. I'm just not sure I can get the little one to stay still.
    But I was actually asking about the portrait sessions.

9. nemofans

nemofans DIS Veteran

Thanks safetymom for the link!