Portrait Session - Disney Fine Art Photography

allie_to_you

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes...
Have any of you done the $400 Enhanced Portrait Session through Disney's Fine Art Photography? Last year, we did the mini photo session and it was nice and the pictures were great, but for our trip next September, we were considering doing the more expensive package and was wondering about others experiences with it and if it was worth the additional money. I know you get more location options and photo editing, but just haven't made up my mind about which package to get.

When you book, do you have to pay the whole thing up front or just a booking deposit...I can't remember from early last year what we did. Also, how far in advance can you book a session?

We did this in April, I am very pleased with the session and photos. No you don't have to pay the whole thing up front, just a deposit. The balance was due I think a week before. This is the first time we did it so I don't have anything to compare it to. We did receive the CD within 2 to 3 weeks. We did our photos at Epcot. My daughter will be a senior this year so it was a mini senior portrait session. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Is there a big difference in quality between the mini session and the Enhanced session? I didn't know this service existed and I am very interested in it for our next trip in October.

TIA!

I had looked into it for my daughter's senior pictures this past June. But a local photographer I felt did a better job of the smoothing of stray hairs, complexion toning, airbrushing I guess you would call it. That was my concern as to how I would communicate the "changes" I wanted to pictures (i.e stray hairs , zooming more in on this background etc).

Not to barge in, but I am interested in replies as well. I booked it for our trip in September and so far have only been charged the $25 booking fee. I found an old thread about it, but most of the links to pictures have expired. The response seemed mostly positive, so I am hoping for the same! Researching the fine art photography is actually how I found this site!

To me, the photo editing is now as important as the composition. So I thought it was worth it to have every picture worked on. The older post I had found recommended two to three weeks in advance, but I think it really depends on where you want to shoot. They only have two times for Epcot, so you may want to call earlier if that is your wish. We are staying at POR and I chose to have the session there since we love the atmosphere.

We're booked for the enhanced package for December 15th at VGF. This will be our Christmas family photos.

We're excited.

I had looked into it for my daughter's senior pictures this past June. But a local photographer I felt did a better job of the smoothing of stray hairs, complexion toning, airbrushing I guess you would call it. That was my concern as to how I would communicate the "changes" I wanted to pictures (i.e stray hairs , zooming more in on this background etc).

What local photographer did you use? I agree with PP that said how important the editing can be.

I second the reco for a non disney professional photog. Cheaper and better. We have used Jennifer werneth photography twice. Awesome pics. We did the last set at fench quarter at sunset. Tons of fountain, the river, wrought iron fences. Georgeous.

The benefit of using Disney is you can get into Epcot areas that are closed off to the public in the morning. The longer shooting time allows you to have shots in multiple places, we did Canada, France and shots with Spaceship Earth. It was nice not have anyone stray people in the pics. I was pleased with the photo editing. You get the files so you could have them edited more if you wished. It wasn't perfect but neither is using any photographer. Just like your wedding photos it's unlikely you'll love every shot lol.

The benefit of using Disney is you can get into Epcot areas that are closed off to the public in the morning. The longer shooting time allows you to have shots in multiple places, we did Canada, France and shots with Spaceship Earth. It was nice not have anyone stray people in the pics.

Thank you for this information! I was hoping that there would be a way to get into EPCOT without the park being open. If I am going to pay that much for pictures then I don't want stray guests in our photos.

How far in advance did you book?

I booked several months in advance, but we were going during spring break so I was worried. Like a PP stated it's a small fee to book it so I'd book it early. It was awesome, you go thru the international gateway which other guests can go thru BUT your photographer can get you into the countries that aren't open that early. He moved the ropes so we were literally the only people in Canada and in the area where we did photos with Spaceship Earth in the background. I think were a few people in France but absolutely no strangers in my pics lol. It was a very professional photo shoot, a photographer and an assistant. Again I was very pleased and didn't feel it was overly expensive for what I got. I'm seriously considering doing it again in Sept but I'm a crazy Disney person and scrapbooker.

I booked several months in advance, but we were going during spring break so I was worried. Like a PP stated it's a small fee to book it so I'd book it early. It was awesome, you go thru the international gateway which other guests can go thru BUT your photographer can get you into the countries that aren't open that early. He moved the ropes so we were literally the only people in Canada and in the area where we did photos with Spaceship Earth in the background. I think were a few people in France but absolutely no strangers in my pics lol. It was a very professional photo shoot, a photographer and an assistant. Again I was very pleased and didn't feel it was overly expensive for what I got. I'm seriously considering doing it again in Sept but I'm a crazy Disney person and scrapbooker.

Do you remember the times that are available for this service? I was wondering if it was PPO.

We're doing this next week at Epcot. We're booked in at 7.45am to avoid any other people being in the photos :-)

Alright I looked and I booked in early Feb for late March so not too early. Our booking was at 8:45, there was no way my family would be at the park at 7:45 lol. TBH 8:45 was a miracle, we're night owls. I believe the time options were 7:45 or 8:45, I can't recall if there were later options.

Last edited:
If you don't want to use Disney Fine Art Photography... There are more but the ones I've looked into:
Jason Angelini Photography (super affordable)
Randy Chapman Photography (super affordable)
Regina Hyman
The Roots
Ashley Jane Photography

Thank you to everyone for all of your wonderful insight/information! :disrocks:

When I booked a few weeks ago, the two times for Epcot were 7:45am and 9:00am.

Thank you! I was hoping this would be the case. I love the 9:00 a.m. time as it will make it easier to get the entire family moving. :thanks:

We did this in 2013 in EPCOT, WS, PPO. Beautiful photos throughout the different countries and no one on our photos. Awesome shots from Canada and Morocco and from the bridge with. Mini book contains all of the images from the session with a title. We were able to create our own title, just had to fit the word count. You receive CD that contains all of the images. We did it again in 2014 at the GF for Christmas --- Lobby, Christmas tree, Gingerbread house, outside with poinsettias, staircases, outside steps leading to water. They were nice about asking people to move for our photos. We used these photos for our Christmas cards in 2015. Thinking about booking session again this year. $25 deposit. Charge card day of session. I'm a DVC member & received discount & free photo print.

Are you supposed to tip your photographer? my first thought is no, which usually means I should!

I considered a portrait session with Disney Fine Arts for my last trip. But, I decided to go with a private photographer instead. The prices were comparable, but with the private photographer I knew exactly who I was getting. I saw her work in advance . With Disney you can't browse individual portfolios to see the work of the photographer that you will have. We met the photographer at POFQ and felt like celebrities getting our photos around the resort. She knew all the good spots and make us feel at ease. I was very happy with the end result. Here are a couple of our photos (these are not the high resolution versions)

FB_IMG_1471396763439.jpg FB_IMG_1471396793174.jpg
Portrayable Photography

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter