Portofino

webray

Love the wineauxs!
Another wonderful stay at the Portofino...we got the complimentary upgrade to a deluxe pool view room...it was excellent. The room overlooked the main pool with a view of the lagoon behind it. (5th floor). We could see Universal Studios from the window. Check-in/Check-out a breeze and our fruit was delivered promptly. Played a little Bocce ball, took a dip in the Villa pool/jacuzzi with my daughter (18), while hubby and son (22) enjoyed a movie (The Mummy Returns, which they said was excellent by the way) over at City Walk. Then we all met up at City Walk, to do a little Cinco de Mayo celebrating. By the way, they have the best big towels down by the pool, no need to bring my beach towel along anymore. Trying to figure out when I can make another reservation for the weekend. :cool:

hubby & I will be staying a deluxe poolview in one in Oct for our 10th anniv. My understanding is that this is concierge (these used to be the villa rooms). Could you give me an idea of what to expect?

In advance, thanks!

Cora:bounce:

The Villa rooms, lounge and services associated with them were discounted well over a year ago. There is a concierge available in the lobby, but no "concierge level" is offered at PBH. You can however book a Butler Villa.

Glad to hear you enjoy your PB stay!!
We are heading down there this coming week, and
everyone is counting down. Can't wait to try those
famous bed we read about on this board. Been browsing this board
for a while, but haven't seen any write ups for restaurants in
PB. Any recommendations? Any character dining? Thanks!
:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc
can't wait ...can't wait...can't wait....

That is correct, the concierge service has been discountinued. We truley miss it. We have not yet tried the butler service, we just aren't in the room that much to make it worth while for us. A lot of people have great fun with their butlers though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter