PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL Information

Thanks for the advice - will do. We will be there in 2 weeks![/QUWe are a family of 5 and every time we have requested something,sofa in room,connecting rooms they always tell us yes and last time I even called day before we came and also was told we have a sofa in our room only to get there and NO SORRY your room dont have sofa but we will charge you 25 a night for a roll-away.So dont get your hopes up that you will have a sofa like we did.They also didnt charge us for the roll away since it had pee all over it:sad2:We will be at Porofino March 4-9 still love staying onsite but have learned not to bother requesting.

Does anyone have any pictures of the club lounge?

I have been all over this thread and google and the only picture I see is a tiny image on the Universal site. Way to small to give any idea of the layout.

Am I correct in surmising that not all club lounge rooms have a balcony and I can't request one in advance?

I have paid off our August trip. I am so excited to have paid in full. Loews cashed my check and posted the Advance Deposit to our reservation. There's even a credit I guess that will cover Parking fees, etc. :banana:

As far as room requests, are all the Portofino Suites in a particular building? I know we have a garden view, but do I have to make any specific requests? This is our first onsite stay. TIA

Does anyone know where I could find a schedule for this years Harbor Nights celebrations at Portofino. I know the next one is April 15th, 2011, but was wondering when the next one will take place.

TIA

We had a fantastic stay at PBH. Can't say enough about how nice everyone was and how beautiful the room and resort in general both were. We did get the pullout sofa, which was comfortable for even my 6'3" son, and a lovely bay view. No balcony, but you certainly can't have everything!

Thanks to all on this board for the invaluable information. It all helped to make our vacation a great one!:goodvibes

try page 30 on this thread for club pics of breakfast. I have done club numerous times. It is wonderful and the pictures don't do it justice.

I'll be staying here for just one night with my family (DH, DD, DS & me). I paid a AAA rate in advance. The prices are STEEP but we wanted to get to the park one hour early and have that front of the line pass since we only have one day at IOA.

I was wondering - should I make any room requests?

Thanks!

We are going for two nights in early December and I have the Entertainment Rate for RPH for $99 ( plus still have to buy the Entertainment book). I can get a rate of $169 for a Bay View at PBH through Expedia. Since we are only ther for the two nights, I was thinking we should splurge and stay at PBH.... but not sure what to do :confused: Is PBH nicely decorated for the holidays? Also... at the Universal hotels is there somewhere to buy a container of milk for DD? Thanks!!

How do I get the entertainment rate? I went to entertainment.com and couldn't find it. any help?

I'll be staying here for just one night with my family (DH, DD, DS & me). I paid a AAA rate in advance. The prices are STEEP but we wanted to get to the park one hour early and have that front of the line pass since we only have one day at IOA.

I was wondering - should I make any room requests?

Thanks!

PBH is rapidly becoming one of my fav resorts:lovestruc - each stay there has been more relaxing and enjoyable than the last - and they have all been wonderful. The only request I would make would be for the West wing - that puts you nearest to the Beach (main) pool, the boat ramp, and the walkway if you want to walk. For a short stay it will just save you some steps/time getting around. Enjoy!

Is there a map of the grounds posted someplace?
I need to start to get a lay of the land before our trip!

And, I'd like to look at the map while everyone talks of their room placements.

Thanks.
Sandra

PBH is rapidly becoming one of my fav resorts:lovestruc - each stay there has been more relaxing and enjoyable than the last - and they have all been wonderful. The only request I would make would be for the West wing - that puts you nearest to the Beach (main) pool, the boat ramp, and the walkway if you want to walk. For a short stay it will just save you some steps/time getting around. Enjoy!

Thank you for the recommendation - I will do that!

My family has booked a CL room at PBH for July 11-14 and we are really looking forward to our stay.

I understand that the club lounge is on the same floor as the lobby (3rd floor?). I have read that all CL rooms are in the villa wing, floors 5 and 6- is that correct?

I believe in some instances that other deluxe rooms can be given club privileges if the CL rooms are sold out. Is this common? If this happens, does that mean that our club room could be pretty much anywhere in the resort?

Thanks so much!!!

PS- I enjoyed reading through the "post your room assignment" thread, and I will post info about our room after we return. It is fun to read about the different rooms that are available!

I agree about the West Wing! I asked for a WW room at check-in, and one wasn't ready right away, but it was so worth the wait. I was totally and pleasantly surprised by how much we liked this resort. It really gives you a feeling of being away from it all, which was what I wanted after being at the crowded theme parks. The service was very good, the transportation easy and fast, the resort was clean and pretty, and the opera & other live music at the harbour at night was terrific!

When Portofino Bay opened back in summer 2000, can anyone remember if it was compared to Tokyo Disney's Hotel Miracosta which was nearly built by that time (opened with DisneySea park in spring 2001).

I think the designs are very similar, both mediterranean-themed, and although I am a huge Universal Orlando fan, even I must admit that DisneySea is the grandest of all theme parks, and the MiraCosta, which is actually located inside the park overlooking the Mediterranean Harbor section of the park where the big water shows are played, is probably the best theme park hotel I know of.

Not dissing Portofino Bay, or anything, but I am sure if you judged purely on architecture and atmosphere, MiraCosta would reign supreme over its Universal Orlando rival.

http://www.tdrfan.com/around_the_resort/hotel_miracosta/index.htm

http://www.tdrfan.com/tds/index.htm

When Portofino Bay opened back in summer 2000, can anyone remember if it was compared to Tokyo Disney's Hotel Miracosta which was nearly built by that time (opened with DisneySea park in spring 2001).

I think the designs are very similar, both mediterranean-themed, and although I am a huge Universal Orlando fan, even I must admit that DisneySea is the grandest of all theme parks, and the MiraCosta, which is actually located inside the park overlooking the Mediterranean Harbor section of the park where the big water shows are played, is probably the best theme park hotel I know of.

Not dissing Portofino Bay, or anything, but I am sure if you judged purely on architecture and atmosphere, MiraCosta would reign supreme over its Universal Orlando rival.

http://www.tdrfan.com/around_the_resort/hotel_miracosta/index.htm

http://www.tdrfan.com/tds/index.htm

I really want to go to Disney Sea. It looks amazing and I agree that the theming is incredible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter