PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL Information

Thank you so much, that's really helpful! The irony is that when we stayed there last time we had a bay view room on the very end corner (it appears just steps from the Hill Side Pool) and didn't even know it was there! We always went to the Beach Pool!!! ha! ha!
Debsx

This will be our third visit to PBH, but our first as a family of 6. We have a
Portofino suite reserved. Is this a good choice. We have stayed in a deluxe and reg room with balcony (nice) . We had club for both, but unless it has improved did not opt for it this time, any input appreciated. Thanks

This will be our third visit to PBH, but our first as a family of 6. We have a
Portofino suite reserved. Is this a good choice. We have stayed in a deluxe and reg room with balcony (nice) . We had club for both, but unless it has improved did not opt for it this time, any input appreciated. Thanks

I'm not sure how much you were quoted for the club upgrade but I think it would be well worth the typical $50-75 that most are quoted. Even though you are looking for improvement in club, which I don't think has happened, the $ saved in having a continental breakfast and beverages, especially bottled water, more than offset the cost of club for your family.

Does anyone out there have photographs of the villa pool and hillside pool? We have only been to PBH once when my son was a baby and so we spent all our time at the Beach Pool and didn't even see the others!!! Where are they on the property in relation to the waterfront etc?
Thanks so much for your help!
Debsxx

Here's a photo of the Hillside pool for ya! There was never anyone else there the couple times we used it! Bring a towel with you from one of the other pools thou. There were usually a few rolled up on a table but I would'nt count on it.
Orlando031.jpg

Thank you so much for the picture of the hillside pool, it looks lovely, very private!!!! Can you get drinks there or only at the other pools? Will have to make a stop there during our next trip!!!!
Debsx

Thank you so much for the picture of the hillside pool, it looks lovely, very private!!!! Can you get drinks there or only at the other pools? Will have to make a stop there during our next trip!!!!
Debsx

No, you can't get drinks there.

Hi everyone,

We will be staying in a Portofino Suite in November. Is there a number to call or an email address to request specific room numbers? Thanks!

terryfromhawaii

Hi everyone,

We will be staying in a Portofino Suite in November. Is there a number to call or an email address to request specific room numbers? Thanks!

terryfromhawaii

terry as there are a limited # of Portofino Suites, I personally wouldn't make a room request. If you request a specific suite, that could remove you from being upgraded to a villa or hospitality suite.

Hi everyone..I recently went to a Pasta night at our community Lodge and it was a disaster..I suggested they do it like the Trattoria del Porto at Portofino serves it, where the chef dishes the pasta and sauce and the guest serves themselves bread, salad etc. Does anyone know where I can find some info about their pasta buffet and even photo's??? I know we loved it when we were there!

Does anyone have photos of the 1 bedroom garden suite ? We just booked it and I'd love to see what it's like !

Does anyone have photos of the 1 bedroom garden suite ? We just booked it and I'd love to see what it's like !

You mean a Portofino Suite? In my sig, link to 2008 trip report is there....with lots of pix of Portofino Suite (1st view is of beach pool, toward end of trip we went back and had suite w/ harbor view). The suites are the same...just different views. (Oh, and we had a king bedroom....they also have 2 queen attached to the parlor.)

We loved the Portofino Bay!!! (Don't have time for a TR right now a little later, but I will write one if anyone is interested.)

Here are some room pics we took back in August.

universal0382.jpg

universal0394.jpg

universal0404.jpg

universal0414.jpg

universal0424.jpg

universal0434.jpg

universal044.jpg

universal045.jpg

We walked around the hotel at took these at night.

universal048.jpg

universal0493.jpg

universal0503.jpg

universal0513.jpg

universal052.jpg

universal053.jpg

universal059.jpg

universal062.jpg

universal0633.jpg

And because we were so impressed with how this place looked I had to take these pics lol

universal054.jpg

universal055.jpg

universal056.jpg

Does PBH allow requests on the reservation? I'd really like to be close to the dock and lobby so if they do what should I say? Thanks!

Does PBH allow requests on the reservation? I'd really like to be close to the dock and lobby so if they do what should I say? Thanks!

You can't be close to the dock and the lobby. You need to pick one or the other.

If you want to be close to the boatdock, you want the West Wing.

I believe the lobby area is the Villa Wing.

You don't want the opposite side of the lagoon...which is East Wing ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter