• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

I heard back about 5 days later with a very nice email. How long ago did you email them?

Today is day 14 since I sent the email. I don’t go until October so if I don’t hear back, I will try again. It’s just frustrating because I have some specific questions on the room I booked. I called the hotel directly (tried twice) and each time, the minute I said I had questions about the room I booked, they stated they needed to transfer me to reservations as they unable to view what I booked. Once I transfer to reservations, I am connected to someone who doesn’t speak English well and does not know anything about the room types other than reading me back what the website says. So I was hoping the email would work to get questions answered.

What is the difference in the updated bathrooms, just the addition of a tub? Did it have a separate room for the toilet? Also, what type of room did you have? And I’d like to also know the Hard Rock short cut!

Sorry catching back up with real life. When booking and reading through this thread there are some bathrooms that have a shower only. It's easier for us with a tub for our youngest so this was a better option for us.

Here's the link to the map of the shortcut: https://www.disboards.com/threads/walking-distances.3530167/post-56178316

Also, I did forget to say my express pass never worked. I made the reservation so was the lead name on the reservation. It worked with no problems for the other 3 on the reservation. Both the park and the hotel told me that this has been happening lately. I got a new hotel card each day but it never worked. At the park, they just gave me an unlimited express pass for the day. That was a bit annoying as it could take up to 30 mins depending on the line but they were very easily able to resolve it and could see I had issues the entire stay.

Thank you so much for all the great info in this thread! We are making our first trip to Universal next week and booked the Despicable Me suite because it was the only room available. We haven't told the kids about the room and I think they're going to flip out (in a good way) when they see it. I asked for a West Wing suite without bunk beds so hopefully they can accommodate us.

Thank you so much for all the great info in this thread! We are making our first trip to Universal next week and booked the Despicable Me suite because it was the only room available. We haven't told the kids about the room and I think they're going to flip out (in a good way) when they see it. I asked for a West Wing suite without bunk beds so hopefully they can accommodate us.

Sounds wonderful!

I do hope you get the requests you`ve made, and yes, the kids will love that surprise I`m sure.

Were you successful in getting all the benefits without booking through AMEX travel? I booked a minion's suite many months ago and only recently got the AMEX platinum. I recently booked another room through AMEX travel for my parents so I should be good to go with that room. I am just trying to extend those benefits to my earlier booking, and I can change it over to this platinum card or one that my wife has.
No, they said it had to be booked through Amex travel. Others said they had luck getting it to work, but I wasn't going to press things since the APH rate was so much cheaper.

I did book a trip through Amex travel for a trip in Oct. It says "Expedia AMX FH&R - Guest Pays" instead of "Annual Passholder Rate", so they are definitely coded different in their system...

Today is day 14 since I sent the email. I don’t go until October so if I don’t hear back, I will try again. It’s just frustrating because I have some specific questions on the room I booked. I called the hotel directly (tried twice) and each time, the minute I said I had questions about the room I booked, they stated they needed to transfer me to reservations as they unable to view what I booked. Once I transfer to reservations, I am connected to someone who doesn’t speak English well and does not know anything about the room types other than reading me back what the website says. So I was hoping the email would work to get questions answered.
Try emailing portofinocustomerservice@loewshotels.com again. I have emailed them numerous times and they always respond, but sometimes it takes 4 to 5 days. If you don't hear back within that time, resend the email and ask for an update. As an example, I sent an email on March 2 and received a response on March 7.

As an alternative, try sending a text to 407.588.0141. This is how I message them when I am onsite. I don't know if they only respond to guests, but it may get you to the Rooms Coordinator, who should be able to answer your questions.

Just sharing some info I learned today on the Despicable Me Kids suites:

* Despicable Me Kids suites are available in the west wing and it is possible to get a suite facing the harbor/bay area. Not all do, and it is not a feature of the suite. You would need to email portofinocustomerservice@loewshotels.com after you book your room and have them add it as a request to your reservation.

* The adult side is a King bed and the two themed beds in the kids room are Full beds. For the themed minion beds there is a headboard and a footboard that take up considerable space, so it will be uncomfortable for a tall child who still wants to sleep in a themed bed. I specifically asked about a kid who is 5 ft 6 in, and the response from the Room Coordinator was "I do not recommend it as it will be uncomfortable for his height".

* They do include Despicable Me Kids suites in the passholder rates, which are generally released approximately three months out.

Just sharing some info I learned today on the Despicable Me Kids suites:

* Despicable Me Kids suites are available in the west wing and it is possible to get a suite facing the harbor/bay area. Not all do, and it is not a feature of the suite. You would need to email portofinocustomerservice@loewshotels.com after you book your room and have them add it as a request to your reservation.

* The adult side is a King bed and the two themed beds in the kids room are Full beds. For the themed minion beds there is a headboard and a footboard that take up considerable space, so it will be uncomfortable for a tall child who still wants to sleep in a themed bed. I specifically asked about a kid who is 5 ft 6 in, and the response from the Room Coordinator was "I do not recommend it as it will be uncomfortable for his height".

* They do include Despicable Me Kids suites in the passholder rates, which are generally released approximately three months out.

Not sure if you`ve seen them or not, but @Ronferr80 posted some pictures and a video of the Minion Suite early on this thread.

If you look at pages 3 & 4 you`ll see them.

What kind of pillows does the Portofino have? Trying to decide if I pack my own pillow - I have trouble with my neck with the type of hotel pillows that are super squishy and that just flatten down under your head. 😁

What kind of pillows does the Portofino have? Trying to decide if I pack my own pillow - I have trouble with my neck with the type of hotel pillows that are super squishy and that just flatten down under your head. 😁
The vast majority of the pillows are super squishy ones that flatten down. They have a variety, and you can make special requests. There are options, but if you have the room in your luggage, you will likely be happiest packing your own pillow.

The vast majority of the pillows are super squishy ones that flatten down. They have a variety, and you can make special requests. There are options, but if you have the room in your luggage, you will likely be happiest packing your own pillow.
Thank you! Definitely bringing my own then.

Does anyone have experience with the 3rd pool at PBR? I’ve stayed there several times, and just learned of its existence!! I think it’s over on the east end? I believe it’s closed (or was in mid February at least), but have any of you ever used it? Was it adults only?

I am pretty sure my answer is somewhere amongst the 74 pages but here is my question. I thought I heard you have to rent towels at the pool area, that they are not free? would this be correct?

Room request question.... I'm thinking about booking the bay view queen (not deluxe) option. We have 2 kids and our priorities would be proximity to boats and beach pool. Looks like West Wing is our best bet? Any other tips?

We are back from a FABULOUS stay at PB. Loved it so much that we turned our tickets into APs and I just booked a return trip for the kids' Fall Break in October. Managed to get a Savvy Traveler rate on the Minion Suite - we wanted to try the Hard Rock but I couldn't pass up getting an extra day since the rate was so much lower.

We are back from a FABULOUS stay at PB. Loved it so much that we turned our tickets into APs and I just booked a return trip for the kids' Fall Break in October. Managed to get a Savvy Traveler rate on the Minion Suite - we wanted to try the Hard Rock but I couldn't pass up getting an extra day since the rate was so much lower.

Glad you had such a lovely trip and good to hear you are AP holders now....more trip to plan for sure!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter