Portofino at DTD

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Deanie1, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Deanie1

Deanie1 Mouseketeer

I tried to get a reservation for Portofino about 150 days out from our trip but was told that it was all booked up. I found that strange as twice we were able to book a meal there last Nov at the last minute. Any thoughts on this? BTW, we had a great meal with great service.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Restaurants at DTD are not owned by Disney, but by third parties. Disney will hold a couple of tables because they take the DDP, but not a great deal. If you call directly, there will be plenty of availability. You most likely got lucky last time when someone cancelled.

4. Yellowstonetim

Yellowstonetim DIS Veteran

Both are true. It gets booked very early as it is very good and very popular. Yet people will cancel reservations, and often at the last possible minute.

If you really want to go, continue calling every once in a while and especially as you get closer to the date. If it doesn't open up until then, call the same day!

5. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

There is no Portofino restaurant at DTD. You're either confusing it with the Portobello Yacht Club restaurant at DTD or Portofino Bay at Universal.

6. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

Moving to the Restaurants board..

7. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Good Sailing Master. Average Banjo Picker.

Could be why there are no ressies available ?!?!?

:confused3

8. Deanie1

Deanie1 Mouseketeer

Portobello is at DTD. You will see it listed under the restaurants on this site. Heck, three of us even ate there in Dec 2012. I didn't realize that Disney was only able to book a few tables in advance. I will keep checking. Thanks.

9. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

You might want to just call the restaurant directly. Their number is 407-934-8888.

10. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

This restaurant has gotten much more popular once they started taking the ddp. Beware they recently changed their menu to better accommodate the ddp users and they took off several of our favorites. You may to check this out in case you were hoping for a particular dish.