Portofino at DTD

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
I tried to get a reservation for Portofino about 150 days out from our trip but was told that it was all booked up. I found that strange as twice we were able to book a meal there last Nov at the last minute. Any thoughts on this? BTW, we had a great meal with great service.

Deanie1 said:
I tried to get a reservation for Portofino about 150 days out from our trip but was told that it was all booked up. I found that strange as twice we were able to book a meal there last Nov at the last minute. Any thoughts on this? BTW, we had a great meal with great service.

Restaurants at DTD are not owned by Disney, but by third parties. Disney will hold a couple of tables because they take the DDP, but not a great deal. If you call directly, there will be plenty of availability. You most likely got lucky last time when someone cancelled.

Both are true. It gets booked very early as it is very good and very popular. Yet people will cancel reservations, and often at the last possible minute.

If you really want to go, continue calling every once in a while and especially as you get closer to the date. If it doesn't open up until then, call the same day!

There is no Portofino restaurant at DTD. You're either confusing it with the Portobello Yacht Club restaurant at DTD or Portofino Bay at Universal.

Portobello is at DTD. You will see it listed under the restaurants on this site. Heck, three of us even ate there in Dec 2012. I didn't realize that Disney was only able to book a few tables in advance. I will keep checking. Thanks.

Portobello is at DTD. You will see it listed under the restaurants on this site. Heck, three of us even ate there in Dec 2012. I didn't realize that Disney was only able to book a few tables in advance. I will keep checking. Thanks.

You might want to just call the restaurant directly. Their number is 407-934-8888.

This restaurant has gotten much more popular once they started taking the ddp. Beware they recently changed their menu to better accommodate the ddp users and they took off several of our favorites. You may to check this out in case you were hoping for a particular dish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter