Portland Maine

prince edward island

Earning My Ears
Could any one tell me what is the best hotel/motel near the Portland Jetport. We booked tickets on Jetblue ($642.00 US) for 3 adults round trip Portland to Orlando and we need a place to leave our car. Also, has any other Canadians uses Jetblue out of Portland, Maine?:cool1:

Hey Prince Edward Island

You sound so much like another disneyholic that I would with. Same flight info and same amount of people. Would your initials be AM?:goodvibes

LOL too funny. You must be getting so excited! Whenever I am missing WDW, I think of how I am going to bug you for all the details of your trip. We will definitely have to do lunch when you get back and get BM to come too.

Paula:dance3:

We're looking at driving to portland to fly out too. Its SO much cheaper then flying Air Canada.

Hi guys another PEI girl here. When we flew out of Portland, we stayed at the Howard Johnsons For like $79. We were able to leave the car there and they shuttled us to the airport. Hope this is a help

Hi,,, I am from N.S.!!!! Just across the water!! Have you did all of the number crunching, the total cost???? Including gas and hotel? How long will the drive be to US? Just wondering as we are a family of 5!!!! I can not find airfare direct for less the 750.00 a person!! Ouch!!!! I found your post interesting! Never thought of that idea!!!! Did you purchase the air at a local travel place?

Thanks for the info. and ENJOY your trip!!!:goodvibes

here are a couple nice hotels that offer park and fly packages, they shuttle to and from the airport just call the hotel on return and they will pick you up.

Both of these are very easy to get to. and remember when you price a cheaper hotel they may not offer long term parking which means you have to pay for parking at the jetport, which is like $12/day.

http://www.wyndham.com/specialoffers/special_offers/details/pwmht_parkfly.wnt

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/e...ionid=RTYI23ES2O05QCSGBJF2VCQ?ctyhocn=PWMPAGI

also check www.expedia.com for hotels near the portland jetport (PWM) the rates are usually better than they show on the website.

Hi,

We did do the number crunching and even if one nights hotel, gas, meals and misc expenses we are saving $1,000.00+ $CDN by flying JetBlue from Portland than taking Air Canada from Charlottetown. We booked our tickets online through the Jetblue website no travel agents needed to do this. Hope this helps!

P.S. You can also fly from Bangor, Maine but we decided to go to Portland as Jetblue offers direct flights.

Hi,
P.S. You can also fly from Bangor, Maine but we decided to go to Portland as Jetblue offers direct flights.

note: that www.allegiantair.com offers a direct flight from Bangor maine to sanford/orlando. we have taken this flight and had no trouble. 3-hrs flight time and your on the ground in Orlando, rental car is required as magical express is only offered from MCO. If you can fly on short notice they sometimes offer really good rates, we got $59 each way in august:cool1:

Hi,,, I am from N.S.!!!! Just across the water!! Have you did all of the number crunching, the total cost???? Including gas and hotel? How long will the drive be to US? Just wondering as we are a family of 5!!!! I can not find airfare direct for less the 750.00 a person!! Ouch!!!! I found your post interesting! Never thought of that idea!!!! Did you purchase the air at a local travel place?

Thanks for the info. and ENJOY your trip!!!:goodvibes

We are from NS and I crunched the numbers and its a lot cheaper. For us (there is 4 adults going) from Halifax it would be almost 2000$ a couple. If we fly out out of Portland for 4 of us its about 1600$ for a direct flight our just under 1250$ for a flight that gets into Orlando late. For us I think it will be worth it, otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford to go.

Hilton Garden Inn is the closest (it's on the airport grounds about a 1 minute shuttle to the terminal) and they offer a park and fly. If the prices are close to those of other nearby hotels, that's where I would stay. PWM is my home airport.

Wow thats an amazing price ($642) from Portland .Last March the best deal we could find was $185 from Boston on Delta again a direct flight.From here its about 41/2 hrs to Portland or 6 to Boston but Portland is a much easier drive. We checked 2 weeks ago and t was $212 from Boston for next year,how far out did u book Jetblue to get that price?
There's a number of good places to stay and eat near the airport and Maine Mall area as well as shopping.As a bonus Portlands not a huge city so getting around is"nt really a problem.
Have an amazing trip and let everyone here know how you made out!!!!
Oh by the way if your thinking of driving down its about 4 1/2 hrs from the border to Portland or 2 hrs to Bangor and Moncton is about 2 1/2 to Woodstock Houlton border crossing.:cool1::hippie:

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in South Portland. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? If so what was it like. We got a suite (including breakfast) and park/fly for $129.00 USD. Hilton Garden was $225.00 USD. Close to a $100.00 more didn;t seem worth it for the Hilton.

We stayed there last August and had no problems. It was clean and only about a 5min shuttle ride to the airport. We flew Jetblue as well and thought is was great. Much cheaper than Halifax, we saved almost $2000 on our flights. Now my daughter and wife spent it in Portland & Bangor on the way home...so don't know if I really saved anything.:rolleyes1

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express in South Portland. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? If so what was it like. We got a suite (including breakfast) and park/fly for $129.00 USD. Hilton Garden was $225.00 USD. Close to a $100.00 more didn;t seem worth it for the Hilton.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn South Portland last year:goodvibes. It is a newer hotel and close to the airport. The shuttle was fast. Breakfast was good, plenty of food but busy (though we were there in the summer) and hard to find a place to sit down. You will park your car out back under bright lights, appeared to be very safe (count the number of New Brunswick and Nova Scotia plates):lmao:.

There is a grocery store a few minutes away (as well as Olive Garden, and Tim Horton's to name a few). we picked up snacks at the grocery store the morning that we flew out. I would definately stay here again.:wizard:

We stayed there last August and had no problems. It was clean and only about a 5min shuttle ride to the airport. We flew Jetblue as well and thought is was great. Much cheaper than Halifax, we saved almost $2000 on our flights. Now my daughter and wife spent it in Portland & Bangor on the way home...so don't know if I really saved anything.:rolleyes1
What was the Jet blue expereince like?

I have used both Howard Johnson's and Best Western. They both offer free parking and free shuttles to the hotel. Howard Johnson's has a MCDonald's , Taco Bell, Kfc and Tim Hortons around the corner.

With Best Western you can use airmiles to pay for this hotel or get Best Western gift Certificates for 375 airmiles for $50. This is what I did this year!!!!

Charleyann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter