Porthole size on deck 2

EMT-319

Mouseketeer
Has anybody else noticed this...

...the the single portholes on deck 2 change size from the front to the back of the ship? They are smaller toward the front of the ship.

It looks like the portholes for rooms 2500-2540 and 2001-2040 are at least a foot or so smaller in diameter than the rest on deck 2.

I noticed this when I was looking at the Wonder while standing on the DCL terminal balcony (I was trying to figure out which cabin was ours) and also from my photographs of the ship.

I am only guessing that at around cabin 2540 they change size as we were in 2548 and our cabin had the larger porthole.

You probably wouldn't notice this difference from inside your cabin - but you can easily see the difference from the outside

Are you sure you weren't looking at deck 3? I have picture of the Magic on my desk, that I'm looking at now. It seems to me that the windows get smaller on deck 3. These would probably be the windows behind the bar in Rockin' Bar D/Wavebands. The rest would not be part of the public areas.

I seem to remember on the port side, that the windows in Sessions aren't as big as the huge ones in the hallway alongside the Promenade lounge and the beginning of the hallway of Beat Street. It seems that these smaller portholes are the same size as those in the deck 2 rooms.

No, I just checked my photos again.

On the black portion of the hull, just below the yellow line - you have deck 3 (where you board), deck 2 (which I was talking about), then deck 1 with the double portholes.

Like I said, it is not a big difference in size - you really only notice it where the portholes change size - somewhere around cabin 2544 or 46.

It is very clear to see when standing on the outside balcony at the DCL cruise terminal.

Unless you have a "close up" photo of the ship you cannot see the difference.

The picture I have was taken from across the lagoon on Castaway Cay, so I don't really have a good look. I have one of the old brouchures at home, which has a two-page picture of the ship at Port Canaveral. That ought to illustrate what you've described.

i have rooms 2094 and 2096. do I understand that they get bigger around the area

Yes, you will have the larger one assuming that Port and Starboard are the same.

Now I am disappointed! We are in cabins 2016 and 2018 because DCL told us that all Category 9's on Deck 2 had the same size porthole. What is the difference in size? Does anyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter