Porters and strollers

winnie202

Earning My Ears
Will the porters take strollers and bring them to your room with your luggage? My daughter is 4 and does not need a stroller during the day. However, at night she likely to fall asleep before some of the shows. On our last few family vacations we have always put her in the umbrella stroller to sleep while the "big kids" did their thing. Will I have to carry it with me the first day? Not a deal breaker either way, jut trying to prepare myself.

If you have it tagged I don't see why they wouldn't. But remember that they toss the luggage around quite a bit as it gets onto the ship and up to the right deck. So if the umbrella stroller may end up under some bags, etc. I'd consider how well you think it might hold up under those conditions.

I recommend you keep it with you as you board. Use it to carry a bag or something else. You should be able to deliver it to your room at 1:30.

If you don't need it for the airport or travelling, you could just wait and borrow the ones they have on board...

Yes, just put a luggage tag on it. On the Pacific Coast cruise I knew we would need an umbrella stroller to walk around San Francisco but we didn't need it on the ship at all. I just put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to the stateroom door just like our luggage. Much easier than lugging it around the ship while waiting for the rooms to be ready.

If you have it tagged I don't see why they wouldn't. But remember that they toss the luggage around quite a bit as it gets onto the ship and up to the right deck. So if the umbrella stroller may end up under some bags, etc. I'd consider how well you think it might hold up under those conditions.

This is one of the luggage holding areas on the Fantasy recently:

2d26n7o.jpg

Will the porters take it as checked baggage? Absolutely, just make sure you put a tag on it with your information.

Will it make it to your room undamaged? Again, quite likely yes, but they are not kind to luggage of any type (see picture in post above).

We did check our special needs stroller, which is essentially a larger, sturdier version umbrella stroller. We had no problems. However, I hadn't seen the pictures when I did that. I might think twice before checking it again.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter