Portable Cell Phone/Tablet Charger Recommendations

We got this charger. It's a bit pricey, but worth it because you can charge more than one device at a time. Total game changer for us on our Disney trips.

I am sitting waiting for Fantasmic right now, charging my iPad with this. That is after charging my iPhone 5 with it four times over the past 24 hours, and a friend's iPhone as well. I am a tour director for group travel, and we traveled overnight on a bus last night to get here. As others have said, I need the more powerful (and hence pricier) version for my work. It has been a game changer for me (although I do know where most of the accessible outlets in the parks are!).

It has been a game changer for me (although I do know where most of the accessible outlets in the parks are!).

For now, it's a find-an-outlet-where-you-can kind of game. The only ports purposely created are at the new Tangled-theme bathrooms in MK. If you can, please get a shot of them for us. I totally forgot to take a picture of them while we were there last week.

I bought this solar charger/back up battery combo for my trip to Europe earlier this year. It worked great, carried enough charge to fully recharge my iPhone and both my mom's and my iPads. I would plug it in to charge it each night, and I kept it clipped to my purse to keep the charge up. :thumbsup2

Slightly OT, but I think Disney should make charging stations in and around the parks. While you can charge a phone at the photo shop or Guest Services, it would be nice to have a place where this can be done. I have submitted this suggestion to Disney after my last trip (returned on Wednesday).

Disneyland has charging lockers at all the locker locations. They're great, you rent them by the hour. They're basically the smallest locker with a power strip in the back. Plug in whatever you want, lock it up, and return when you're ready for it! :cool2:

For now, it's a find-an-outlet-where-you-can kind of game. The only ports purposely created are at the new Tangled-theme bathrooms in MK. If you can, please get a shot of them for us. I totally forgot to take a picture of them while we were there last week.

Will do, we will be in the MK tomorrow.

I use a Mophie Juice Box for my iPhone 4s (they don't have one for the 5 yet) It's just a case with a built in battery. When I charge it at night, it charges both the phone and the case. When my battery starts to run low, I just flip the switch on the case and it charges my phone. I love it for when we are traveling.

Just ordered one for the iphone 5 on the Mophie site!!!:banana:

As promised, the charging stations beside the Rapunzel-themed restrooms:

07ef763bf25cdb3af313d62eda7600d4_zps68411d5a.jpg

88dc042b5544f51228dd1480d977bdd3_zps2bf3f613.jpg

f9e37b66f5c045d7ec16185681721e06_zpsceb9892b.jpg

e6caabb3346059fb2a037179dcd2c7b5_zps096f71ae.jpg

Smart setup.

I'm using my new mophie juice pack air with my iphone 5 in preparation for our April trip during which I'll be posting and checking wait times throughout the day and communicating with a large party that may split up all day and night.

With normal daily use I'm getting three days out of a full charge.

The charger plugs into the case while the phone is in it and both are fully charged. When the phone gets critically low you flip a switch on the mophie to use its juice.

See also a blog from around leap day of 2012 on the site with touring plans for a complete listing of all the outlets for charging in MK.

I just bought the Trent iCarrier (and if you scroll down on the amazon site, there is a code to get the smaller iTorch for free when you buy the iCarrier) and it is charging my phone as I speak. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter