Portabello

MBELSANTI

Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!
Can anyone tell me about Portabello's? How is this Shrimp and Scallop Spiedino? What exactly is it a sandwich? We usually do Capt Jack's but want to try something new.TIA

I wouldn't go here. We went a few years ago and it was a really nice meal. Went again in September and it was awful. They appeared to be using a few dining tables as storage which looked awful, service was painfully slow, and the food was no where near what it was. There also appeared to be a large after work group of drunks at the next table who were loud and obnoxious yet never asked to settle down or leave. I talked to a Disney cm when I last called for adr's and she agreed the place went way downhill.

Our service was super slow too. Almost painful. At one point, my sister in law left with the kids just to get them out of there.

For the food, it was great but the service experience isn't worth us going back. Personally, we will not be back.

We've done Captain Jacks before, the food and service were good.

Our DTD favorites are Sandwich of Earl and Bongos.

Have a great time!

Thanks for your replies! :goodvibes We usually do Capt Jacks and we have went to Earl of Sand which is excellent too. I think we might try Paradiso that everyone is talking about!

In fairness, I have to give you an alternate review. Most years we have gone to Portobello and have always enjoyed it. The service has been fine and we haven't experienced any slowness. The food has been terrific.

In fairness, I have to give you an alternate review. Most years we have gone to Portobello and have always enjoyed it. The service has been fine and we haven't experienced any slowness. The food has been terrific.

Agreed. If anything I'd say the restaurant has improved since 2009-ish, when the management and menu changed.

Agreed. If anything I'd say the restaurant has improved since 2009-ish, when the management and menu changed.

Now that you mention it, the last few years have improved. It used to have a way too extensive menu and that's changed to the better.

I'm also curious to hear if there are some more good reviews! Have this planned for our upcoming trip... we love Italian food, and will be nice to try something new to us for a change.

WOW!! I have this in my ADR schedule for April. SHould I change it? I have always wanted to try this place and now I am having second thoughts. Should i just go and either say yay or nay.

WOW!! I have this in my ADR schedule for April. SHould I change it? I have always wanted to try this place and now I am having second thoughts. Should i just go and either say yay or nay.

NO!! It is a great place. On boards like this it is more likely that people with negative views will post than those with positive. Boards like this can be very slanted.

We have been going there for years and obviously that alone says its worth returning to. We look forward it, every meal has been good and the service fine. It's always full and frequented by locals. Like any place it can have great wait staff and not so great, but that's normal.

So my opinion is based on at least a dozen years going there, not just one or two visits like some posters. A bigger sample of visits than many. So go and enjoy.

Thanks for your replies! :goodvibes We usually do Capt Jacks and we have went to Earl of Sand which is excellent too. I think we might try Paradiso that everyone is talking about!

I went to PARIDISO last year liked it although a bit noisy

Now that you mention it, the last few years have improved. It used to have a way too extensive menu and that's changed to the better.

Yes I think this is why we never dined here on previous trips paying OOP..I am looking to give something different a try since we always go to Captain Jacks and it seems their menu is really limited now.

Experienced Portabello for the first time in February 2012. I was disappointed with the appetizer and main dish. I am not a picky eater and found the service to be average. I had a cream sauce pasta with chicken and it was dry. I requested more sauce - and my request was granted after I was told how much trouble that would be. Extra sauce didn't help the dry underseasoned food. We will not return.

Thanks,
Lia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter