Port upgrade Outside to Verandah

castmbr

DIS Veteran
I know there is a thread for tracking port upgrades, however, that seems to address the higher end/concierge upgrades more than anything. I am wondering if anyone has done and outside to verandah on any ship, but especially the Magic/7 night and what the appx. cost was? I know that the cost varies based on the magical chart they have but I am trying to get an idea what I am looking at.

My husband was recently killed in a motorcycle accident and I am taking my two adult dd's on this cruise because it is something he would have wanted for us, so I don't have a lot of money. We have always had verandahs but had to take outside this time due to that fact. Thank you for any info!

Sorry, I should have said oceanview to verandah. Really no one has even priced this at port?

We asked at port about upgrading from an 8D (maybe C) to a 4E at port and it was around $450, which was the same as prior to the cruise. This was on the Fantasy though. The Magic has only recently started sailing Westerns again from PC.

My husband was recently killed in a motorcycle accident and I am taking my two adult dd's on this cruise because it is something he would have wanted for us, so I don't have a lot of money. We have always had verandahs but had to take outside this time due to that fact. Thank you for any info!

I have no personal experience with upgrading, but do want to offer my condolences to you and your family. Be well.

We asked at port but it was over 1k...because they only had higher level verandahs left...however, one time we booked inside and received Oceanview..so maybe you'll get lucky and be moved to Verandah! So sorry to hear about your loss, hope this trip will bring you fond memories!

We upgraded from and Oceanview to a Verandah at port in September on a 7 night Fantasy. We paid $525. We got on one of the first buses from MCO to the port so I don't know how scarce the rooms were later in the day. I hope this helps!

First, let me offer my condolences. I hope this cruise brings you some joy.
I've upgraded twice at the port from a 9b (deck 2 oceanview)to a 5b (verandah midship) once on the wonder, once on the magic. One was a 7 night cruise, the other an 8 night, both were in 2012. The port upgrade cost was about 1/3 of the price difference had I booked that category to start. I also think the formula is based on how many open cabins are available, as I've heard others say their upgrades were closer to 1/2 the price difference.

I'm wondering this too. We're sailing on the Magic this Sunday and noticed the ship did not sell out; we're booked in an Inside stateroom and would like to upgrade, but will stay with our room if the amount is too expensive.

When we sailed in September on the Dream, the cost to upgrade from a Deluxe Family Inside to a Verandah was around $250, we decided to stay with the Inside for two reasons 1) we wanted to see the magic porthole and 2) we decided to save the $$ and use it on souvenirs, etc.. Turns out we ended up loving the Inside stateroom so much, we rebooked the same type of room for a 2016 sailing on the Fantasy.

Sorry for your loss and condolences to you and your family. I hope you have a great time on your trip.

we've just downgraded before PIF from 4b to 8a & have only saved $300. prices havent changed since we originally booked so not sure theres always a lot to save upgrading at the port.

xx.

So sorry for your loss.
Those three times I ask about upgrades at the ports, the ship only had available upgrades to concierge with none available for verandas.

You could call Disney and see if they have any GTY rooms with a veranda. We upgraded recently and it was not much more to do it with a GTY room. You will not know your room until about 50 days before sailing, but you will be guaranteed at least the veranda room you paid for with the GTY ( 5B, 5C, etc)

There is a thread that tracks GTY rooms -- what they paid for versus what they got and very often you are upgraded to an even better room.

I will probably attempt to do this on our next cruise. I could not get a VGT for 4 people so I had to go with an OGT. I think cost will greatly depend on what cat of room I get. If we get a 9a the cost is going to a lot less than if we get a 9c. On one cruise I tried to upgrade a 7a to a 5a and the cost was 285.00. I passed on it.

On our last cruise (Fantasy), the cost to upgrade from cat 8 to a veranda room was $300. We decided not to do it and spent the money on fun things instead.

I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I pray that you have a memorable vacation with your children the way that your husband would want you too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter