• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port upgrade from cat 3 to Roy or Walt suite....how much

golfermike35

Vacation Fans
We are already cat 3 and are hoping to upgrade to cat 1 on the Magic in March.....how much will we pay at the port??????

For a rough estimate, think of about 1/2 of what the upgrade would cost now.

HOWEVER, first, it has to be available! That, in itself, is somewhat unlikely. If it is currently booked, someone will have to cancel, then everyone on the wait list will have to decline it.

Granted, I have seen a cat 1 available at port, but that was because of a sudden illness and last minute cancellation. It CAN happen, but it's not terribly likely.

^^ agree with above.
Even if a cat 1 or 2 is somehow available at port- it's gonna go quick and you might not be very first. Cat 3's avaialble at port are also a rare occurance but it does sometimes happen- try to be there first in line if this is something you want to look into. Because let's say a cat 1 or 2 IS available to upgrade at port- whoever is first checking on upgrades might take that.... early bird gets the worm LOL

We were lucky enough to get the Roy Suite in July 2009 on our 7 night. We upgraded from Cat 6 to the suite and it was $2900. We split the cost with another family so we each paid $1450.00. They said the Suites are almost never available but someone had just cancelled it. We were the first people at the port and we grabbed it.

We've sailed 3 times and twice Cat. 3's were available. On the one cruise where we took the upgrade, they had several 3's available. This was an Easter cruise to boot. Not sure why we keep hitting it like that, maybe just pure dumb luck. Now I have to learn how to readjust to a non-Cat. 3 room in case the upgrades aren't there! We are always the 2nd or 3rd family to check in, so I'm sure that helps.

We've seen cat 3s available several times for upgrades, but only saw a cat 1 once. There are a lot more cat 3s on the ship.

Where do you request an upgrade, at checkin? What time do they allow you to start checking in?

We were standing outside the gate while the ship was disembarking and DH started talking to the woman who was checking names for admission to the terminal. He asked here if there were any upgrades thinking maybe we could get a cat 3. She said she was sorry and the only thing available was the Roy Suite. After I closed my mouth we decided to take it and she radioed inside that we would take the Roy Suite. We went right to concierge check-in inside when the terminal was opened.

We were standing outside the gate while the ship was disembarking and DH started talking to the woman who was checking names for admission to the terminal. He asked here if there were any upgrades thinking maybe we could get a cat 3. She said she was sorry and the only thing available was the Roy Suite. After I closed my mouth we decided to take it and she radioed inside that we would take the Roy Suite. We went right to concierge check-in inside when the terminal was opened.

:lmao::rotfl2: I know you must have been in shock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter