Port Preferred Parking

Has anyone used this and parked close to the ship? How big is the parking lot and was it easy to find a parking spot?

Thanks,

We haven't used it, but it is the old lot that was used by the Magic's guests before the parking garage opened inside the gate and right next to the terminal. Yes, it is really convenient, but the garage isn't that far away IMO. There were not many cars there when we got to the port around noon.

I, personally, would not pay more to park there...it is not that much closer than the parking garage...literally only yards apart....unless of course someone needed to be closer for mobility reasons.

MJ

We just got a cruise and our family that was traveling with us parked there. The only negative, there car was covered in bird poop!

I don't even remember seeing this parking lot but i can't imagine it being better than the garage! When I first read this I was worried I had missed something and now they are calling the garage "preferred" to charge more. It's literally so close to the ship, we could have seen our car from the ship if we'd tried.

$75 for the garage and $95 for the preferred. Preferred is a small lot (maybe 50 spaces) that is about 100 feet closer to the terminal. Preferred is uncovered.

Has anyone used this and parked close to the ship? How big is the parking lot and was it easy to find a parking spot?

Thanks,

I have not used the preferred parking or any parking for that matter, lol, but I did read from a post a few weeks/months ago that the benefit of the preferred parking is that you get on the road quicker, a lot quicker. If you have ever been stuck in a parking deck after a large sporting event or concert gets out? I guess that is what it is like at the DCL parking deck when 4000 get off the boat.

So if getting on the road rather quickly is priority for you, then go with preferred for a few more dollars.pirate:

I've used both and I prefer the structure. Your car is in the shade for the duration of the cruise, no bird poop, and I found it easier to exit after the cruise.

I also found the security on the upper level from the parking structure to be less crowded. I dropped off my party and luggage at the drop off area and then circled around, parked the car, went through security and actually beat my group to the check in queue! :thumbsup2

I have not used the preferred parking or any parking for that matter, lol, but I did read from a post a few weeks/months ago that the benefit of the preferred parking is that you get on the road quicker, a lot quicker. If you have ever been stuck in a parking deck after a large sporting event or concert gets out? I guess that is what it is like at the DCL parking deck when 4000 get off the boat.

So if getting on the road rather quickly is priority for you, then go with preferred for a few more dollars.pirate:

The ship is hugely different than a sporting event. First, disembarkation is spread over a 90-120 minute period--not everyone is trying to leave at the same time. Secondly, the vast majority of people do not have a vehicle in the parking garage. Only a fraction of the guests drove to the cruise, and many of those opted for less costly off site parking. Typically there would only be a couple hundred cars trying to exit in that 90 minute period. That CAN get a little frustrating, but it is nothing like leaving after a concert or sporting event. Our experience has been that we are behind 2-3 other vehicles in line, which isn't bad at all. If you are not in a rush to get on your way, hang back till 8 or 8:30. Those in a hurry are gone and the line is non-existent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter