Port Orleans Royal Rooms?

DaystarPrincess

Earning My Ears
Is there ever any discounts on the Port Orleans Riverside Royal rooms? Would you pay the extra to stay in these rooms and why? Looking for advice.

Not that I'm aware of - there is always a premium charged for these rooms, although sometimes people get upgraded to them at no additional charge. We stayed in a Royal room and it's very pretty. I personally wouldn't pay extra (we got upgraded), but some people, especially those with young daughters, the extra "magic" is worth it. From an amenities standpoint, you don't get anything extra and room locations aren't better.

I had a PIN code and a Military on one last year. Almost did it too but than my dream resort opened up with a price we were willing to pay.

The RR our commonly one of the discount choices when a Disney discount comes out. i.e. like below from the "Back-to-School" offer. We really liked the RR and like the fact that it guarantees us being in the mansion section, which we like a bit better then AB.

upload_2016-7-20_15-45-36.png

Is there ever any discounts on the Port Orleans Riverside Royal rooms? Would you pay the extra to stay in these rooms and why? Looking for advice.
My family stayed at POR in Royal Room's using a late fall discount offered by Disney just last year. We booked through Orbitz, so got an additional 10% off using one of their codes. We loved the rooms so much that I would have a hard time saying in a standard one, even to save money.

I've stayed in these rooms three times so far - twice with a discount and the 3rd time was free upgrade. I much prefer the mansions side of POR and was very happy with the location of 2 of the 3 rooms I received.

The 3rd one was pretty far from the bus stop and main areas - I think I was closer to POFQ! The rooms are really pretty and I adore the fireworks headboard - but if I can get a garden view room at a discount I usually choose that since it is cheaper.

Yes, stayed twice, both times discounted.

I love the rooms, they are very well done.
I love the location with it's short walk to the main hub and main pool.
The room locations are better than the other mansions and many of the AB rooms.
They have their own quiet pool between the two buildings.
I stayed in one of the farther rooms last trip and still felt the walk was not bad.

I can't imagine staying at POR in anything else now.

Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean.gif

From http://www.portorleans.org/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter