• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Royal Room Quesiton

Savagekids

Mouseketeer
The Port Orleans fan site shows a room with two windows in the mansion section. Can I get a Royal Room with two windows? If so, what room numbers should I request? We are staying in a Garden View Royal Room.

Don't request specific room numbers. If you do that and those rooms aren't available, the room assigner will have no idea why you wanted those rooms. Instead, request the room characteristics you want. In this case, a room with two windows.

A room with 2 windows would be a 'corner room,' the room at the end before the building turns in the next direction. One window faces out the front, one window is on the side wall. You would only have neighbors on one side.

My experience at POR is corner rooms are sometimes also Handicap rooms.

Last edited:
Just came back from POR. I stayed 2 nts at Royal Guest Room river view, I've got a corner room (not accessible room). My friend who stayed at the RG room garden view had a corner room and it is an accessible room.

I've had a corner room both times we've been to POR.

As lovely as they are, remember that in order to enjoy those windows you have to have the drapes open. Which means that your room is open to anyone who passes by. That always makes me very uncomfortable, so as lovely as the rooms are, the windows end up totally ignored by me.

Know your personality. If it'll bother you like it bothers me, that taking advantage of the prettiness of the windows means letting anyone look in as they walk by, maybe don't bother with the request.

I know that often corner rooms are also king rooms and sometimes accessible rooms as well. Not sure if they have king beds in the royal rooms though.

Add the request of corner room. We did this at CBR and managed to get one.

I know that often corner rooms are also king rooms and sometimes accessible rooms as well. Not sure if they have king beds in the royal rooms though.

Add the request of corner room. We did this at CBR and managed to get one.

Actually, at the PO resorts, all King rooms are corner rooms, but not all corner rooms are kings. And there are no king rooms in the Royal rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter