Port Orleans Royal Guest Room?

MomLC

We Love Our Princess
I just booked a royal guest room but the only available room was a woods view. Just wondering if anyone stayed in one of these rooms? Also how
can I request a river view before we leave? Does the resort have a direct phone number or email? I tried looking it up but could not find one.
Thank you:thanks:

River view is a separate booking category, so I don't think you could request it when you have a woods view booked.
I stayed in one in 2013 and had a "woods view" (I think it was actually called a garden view then. You couldn't really see any garden from the room, which is probably why they changed the name. It wasn't parking lot, wasn't river).
Honestly, you can't see much when you're inside your room so I don't think the view really matters much. The room was super cute.

I just booked a royal guest room but the only available room was a woods view. Just wondering if anyone stayed in one of these rooms? Also how
can I request a river view before we leave? Does the resort have a direct phone number or email? I tried looking it up but could not find one.
Thank you:thanks:
As Moliphino mentioned, the room view is a different price point so a request for river view likely won't be granted, you could potentially be upgraded but I wouldn't hold my breath. You can't call the resorts directly but when I've done room requests in the past, I do them via touring plans. The only request I ever make at moderates is for a corner room since those rooms have two windows and make them feel less tiny.

Honestly, you may know this already, but POR and moderates don't have balconies so the "view" you may want really only is seen when you enter/exit the room or look out the "motel hallway" window. We had a river view/pool view room a few times and I've never felt like it's worth it to pay for a view at this resort. I can see paying for a preferred room for a more convenient location but the views imo really don't matter.

I agree the view doesn’t really matter . You probably won’t want to keep your blinds open because people are walking by your room. There are probably very few river view princess rooms with river view also . I vaguely remember movies outside of our room . Not sure if they are still in that section of POR . Btw when you go to the bus stop I would turn left to go to that one otherwise if you go right you are going to be the last stop and probably have to stand. That was the only annoying part of the princess room upgrade for us .

I agree the view doesn’t really matter . You probably won’t want to keep your blinds open because people are walking by your room. There are probably very few river view princess rooms with river view also . I vaguely remember movies outside of our room . Not sure if they are still in that section of POR . Btw when you go to the bus stop I would turn left to go to that one otherwise if you go right you are going to be the last stop and probably have to stand. That was the only annoying part of the princess room upgrade for us .
Good suggestion on the buses. They pick up in clockwise order so the alligator bayou rooms are first and I believe that’s the north depot you want. The other option is pick up the bus from the lobby which depending on which building in magnolia bend you have might be closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter