Port Orleans- Riverside ?

mustseethemouse

Earning My Ears
How far could we possibly have to walk to get to the bus station? Should I try to make a room request for something particular so the walk isnt so far? This is our first family trip to WDW. Its me, dh, dd (8), dd (6) and ds (4). I dont really know a thing...so any help is appreciated!!

Thanks
Debi

There are 4 bus stops so you will probably be pretty centrally located to one of the bus stops.

There is the North Depot which is near the main foodcourt. The others are south, west and east depot.

You can make a request. Alligator Bayou bldgs 14 and 15 are close to the north depot but remember requests are just that - requests, they are not guaranteed.

I'm not sure when your trip is, but I would sugggest getting as close to the main building bus stop(North). When we were there last June the buses were more frequent and it is the first stop, so you are more inclined to get a seat.

Thanks so much for the quick replies!

Our trip is Jan 4-9th. So I am hoping it wont be to busy.

Thanks again!
Debi K

The busses run weird. We stayed at FQ and we were usually first to be picked up (by the way, you will share a bus with FQ). Or if we weren't. West depot was the first stop and South was the last before heading over to FQ.

It is always reasonably close to one of the bus stops. Make sure to pay attention to the little signs along the way. Last time I was there, I kept getting lost. In the beautiful AB section, the fronts of the buildings look identical to the backs and the sides of the buildings. Even though I was at POR *FOUR* different Decembers, I felt stupid for getting lost. I did find my way OK without help, but I sure lost some time getting to the bus stop.

On our last trip we requested Alligator Buyou as has been suggested, however when we arrived they said that room wasn't ready but we could stay a couple of sections away. (we wanted into our room so we took it). I was worried about how far it was to the bus stop but it turned out not to be much further, it took us a day or so and we figured out all the little short cuts. The walk was about 4 to 5 min, so not bad at all.

You will love it at this resort!

:earsgirl:

Your right....4 or 5 min. walk is not bad. I was just afraid that we would have to walk like 20 min. or so....sounds like that is not the case. We wont be renting a car and we are not bringing our stroller from home. Thanks to all the replies!

Debi K

Hello...we stayed at POR for the first time a few weeks ago. We loved it!
I requested AB section and I wanted either bldg 14, 15 or 18. We had a room in bldg 15. It was close to the bus stop, food court, and quiet pool. The walk to the main pool wasn't bad at all. The resort has several bus stops so I don't think the walk to a bus stop will be an issue. Some of the buildings were a bit far from the food court and restaurant but I don't think the walk would be too bad. The landscaping is so pretty a daily walk might be fun!

Have a great time!

Terri

:cloud9:

It has been several years since we stayed there....but we were in Parterre Place...it is the building fartherest toward POFQ. I'm telling you it is quite a walk!!!

The East Depot bus stop (which is still quite a ways from this building) was closed for repainting...man, the walk got longer and longer it seemed! :teeth: Of course, the first day it didn't seem so bad.....lovely landscaping....lovely buildings...we're in Disney YEAH!!! :rolleyes: But later in the week and after having walked all over The World....that building seemed to be moving farther away! :rolleyes: :goodvibes

I highly suggest requesting a closer building!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter