Port Orleans Riverside

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
From what I see for a family of five, the POR is the cheapest. How is it? We are booking a total last minute trip for this August! Its totally last minute!!! I'm so excited!

POR is our absolute, hands down FAVE resort onsite. :love: We did a split stay last summer with POR/WL. We love POR and actually didn't like WL at all (I know we're in the total minority there!)

The grounds are beautiful and serene (making the busy summer season at such a large resort seem quiet and peaceful), the food court is the best of all resorts (imo), the gift shop is great, staff and mousekeeping were fabulous, and even the bus service was totally fine (we went last August as well, so I can attest!)

We leave in 13 days and are actually staying at the Poly because it's long been a dream and my dh surprised me with the upgrade for Mother's Day (we got a great deal.) However, our kids were actually disappointed that we weren't staying at POR. :rotfl: Needless to say, if we hadn't gotten the deal on Poly that we got, we'd be coming "home" to POR. You'll love it!

I stayed at POR and enjoyed it. Very atmospheric, with great music piped in. The ride times to the theme parks were mid-range.
Hope you enjoy yourselves.

I absolutely love POR. I have stayed there quite a few times, even tried other resorts, but still come back to POR. The food court is the best on Disney property. Everything is so serene and relaxing. I think you will love it! Enjoy!

Congrats on your trip. POR is our fav Moderate too. Love the beautiful theming, and landscapping. I love strolling around the resort. Last visit one day we purposley got off the furthest bus stop from our bldg, just to stroll around both sections of POR. We got off in AB section, and we were staying in the mansion section.

Love the boat to DTD, great food court, watching the horse & carriage rides go by, and Bob Jackson's evening show. I wish all WDW resorts had evening entertainment in the lounge.

I absolutely love POR. I have stayed there quite a few times, even tried other resorts, but still come back to POR. The food court is the best on Disney property. Everything is so serene and relaxing. I think you will love it! Enjoy!

THIS!! We love the food court, beautiful atmosphere, great pool...

Have a great trip!!

I love POR, its a great resort, and really good for a family of 5, (trundle bed). You will have a great trip:thumbsup2

We stay at POR , if we could afford another place we would. But due to a fam of 5, cheapest place for us to stay. Since we live in Louisiana, its no big deal to us. Nice and clean though.

POR is our favorite resort. The lush grounds, pools, food court, theme, and boat to DTD all just make it a perfect fit and wonderful vacation for us.

The evening entertainment is in the River Roost lounge. His name is Bob Jackson and he does a very family friendly live piano show five nights a week. Its a hoot.

We also love Elliot Dyson (think that's his name) over at POFQ. Its more jazz and less corny (more about good music).

But for family fun, you can't beat Piano Bob!

I hope you have a great time!

I love POR! It's my favorite Moderate resort. I like the Magnolia section of the resort. The boat to DTD is very, very convenient and a nice relaxing ride!

:confused:My daughter, grandaughter, and I are coming to disney in April and I cannot decide where to stay. We have stayed at the POP before and absolutely love it there. That is why we are hesitant to stay anywhere else. My daughter would stay at the POP and be just fine. I would like to stay at the RIVERSIDE, but am afraid we will not like it there. My grandaughter has some mobility issues so being close to the pool, the bus stops and food court are important. Is there a building that is close to all those buildings? We are willing to pay for perferred building if necessary.

:confused:My daughter, grandaughter, and I are coming to disney in April and I cannot decide where to stay. We have stayed at the POP before and absolutely love it there. That is why we are hesitant to stay anywhere else. My daughter would stay at the POP and be just fine. I would like to stay at the RIVERSIDE, but am afraid we will not like it there. My grandaughter has some mobility issues so being close to the pool, the bus stops and food court are important. Is there a building that is close to all those buildings? We are willing to pay for perferred building if necessary.

Yes, you can pay for preferred and be close to all the places you listed.

Loved POR. Stayed there with dh, and grandkids (twins) and everyone had a great time. We took the horse and buggy ride around the resort and had the best driver. He knew just enough about everything that he could talk with all of us, from dh being a carpenter to dgd loving horses and dgs loving football.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter