Port Orleans Riverside

At the POR do they have the wire rack shelves near the sink? In the value resorts we've stayed in we've had them.

I think that the wire shelf you are referring to is the shelf next to the sinks in the closet area where the safe is. POR does have a shelf in the same area it just isn't a wire shelf.

I think that the wire shelf you are referring to is the shelf next to the sinks in the closet area where the safe is. POR does have a shelf in the same area it just isn't a wire shelf.

Yes thats the shelf I was looking for. Thanks!

We stayed at French Quarter last week and I walked around both resorts and took lots of pictures, mostly of Riverside and Blgd. 6 at PORFQ. You can see them on Photobucket. Just type in astraltravel.
astraltravel

can you fit a twin size air mattress by the bathroom sinks and still have room to close the curtin?

Thanks.

I have stayed at POR every year since 2004.

Last year, I got the 4/3 deal and moved over to SSR. I thought it would be a nice change, and I still had a lot of the same amentities that I had at POR.

Boy, was I disappointed. I even went down to POR twice to "visit" and I almost cried each time I had to get into that water taxi and go back to SSR.

Omg the exact same thing happened to us last year! We decided that we are so happy with POR we wont stay anywhere else now.

POR is the best resort ever! this will be our 7th time staying here and we couldn't be more excited!! the food court is amazing and the landscape is to die for. we could never stay anywhere else. :cool1:

We also stayed at SSR last year and wished we were at POR. We actually booked ASMU because we only had a little money for our trip that year and got a free upgrade to SSR. While the room itself was lovely, we really missed POR. I'm sure we would have missed POR even if we had stayed at ASMU, but I was surprised that we didn't like SSR more than POR considering it's supposed to be a deluxe resort (with a deluxe price tag). Even with the nicer rooms at SSR (we had a 1 bedroom suite) we decided we would have rather been at POR. We just liked that whole resort better. The grounds are just lovely. We would all sigh and say how much we missed POR when we would drive by it on the bus. OOHHHH there goes POR!! I miss it there.

Great thread! We are staying at POR for the first time the week after Labor Day-- couple of questions for those in the know:
1) How crowded will the buses be? Is there a "better" depot to be near? We have a 4yo and a 17 month old, so they will be fidgety....
2) We will need milk. How big is the fridge? Will we be better using a service like Garden Grocer or the onsite store (I just heard about this-- what do they generally have? What are the hours?)
Thank you!

Great thread! We are staying at POR for the first time the week after Labor Day-- couple of questions for those in the know:
1) How crowded will the buses be? Is there a "better" depot to be near? We have a 4yo and a 17 month old, so they will be fidgety....
2) We will need milk. How big is the fridge? Will we be better using a service like Garden Grocer or the onsite store (I just heard about this-- what do they generally have? What are the hours?)
Thank you!

1. - The buses really vary from trip to trip. On our 1st trip, the buses were virtually empty in the mornings but then in the evenings, it would standing room only. On our 3rd trip, it was the total opposite. I don't think the depot matters as different buses run different routes.

2. - The fridge is pretty small. It's the college dorm size. I have taken half gallons & they fit but barely. Anything larger would be too big. Plus you have to watch to make sure it doesn't freeze.

Have a great trip!!

Sightly off topic but does POR food court have decaffinated diet coke?(I'm hoping they do since I don't drink caffine and it needs to be diet)

Also what kids of cereal does the food court have(should I bring my own??)

Thanks your the best (one week till we're there!!!!:dance3:)

I've stayed at both POFQ and POR last year was POR here are some pics hope you like them!
Disney09034.jpg
Disney09039.jpg
Disney09042.jpg
Disney09041.jpg
Disney09037.jpg
Disney09030.jpg

We love POR and are going back in September. The food court can get crazy busy but I'm assuming the others get like that too.

I've never found the buses too bad except if you're leaving a park with the mad rush, then there does tend to be a bit of a wait. My problem with the buses tends to come when it's been shared with the french quarter and it insists on going around every single stop even though it's full.

It's still a gorgeous resort though, so peaceful walking through the grounds at night :goodvibes feels like there's nobody there

We stayed at POR in January 2010 for the marathon weekend. We had an awesome time there and absolutely LOVE it! We were in building 80 and after an initial difficulty finding our building and room, we never again had any problems. I'm assuming it was the slow time of year that we went but our wait times for buses was hardly any time at all and the food court was awesome! Can't complain about anything at all as far as POR.

(The only complaint we had was that in January 2010 it was COLD COLD COLD!! My first race ever was the half marathon with temperatures of 28 degrees and snow flurries!!)

We're going back in January 2011 for my 2nd WDW half marathon. I'm hoping like crazy that it will NOT be as cold as last January! The only reason we won't be staying at POR again is because my dd fell in love with WL while having dinner there and since my dh is in Afghanistan, I figure I'll surprise the kiddo by booking her "dream resort"! We'll see if it's worth the price difference. lol

Here are a "few" pictures from our stay at POR. We absolutely fell in love with this resort! We love it so much, we are going back Dec 2011 to stay again :lovestruc

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

IMG_3865.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3870.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg

IMG_3872.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

I am also wondering if you can put an inflatable mattress in the sink area and still have room to get into the bathroom. We will have a 9 year old, 7 year old, 5 year old and a 2 month old, so it will be tight no matter how we arrange it, but the kids are looking so forward to staying on property for the first time.

I am also wondering if you can put an inflatable mattress in the sink area and still have room to get into the bathroom. We will have a 9 year old, 7 year old, 5 year old and a 2 month old, so it will be tight no matter how we arrange it, but the kids are looking so forward to staying on property for the first time.

I think with that many you would need to get something with a trundle in Alligator Bayou. Maybe call and see if there is a way to get those rooms? A twin might fit in that area, but it would be TIGHT

One more vote for POR- we've always stayed at the allstars until our last 3 trips- we are now confirmed POR people!
We were so thrilled with the multiple bus stops- after allstars and the cattle pen feeling in the hot sun- I can handle a little bit more of a wait for such tranquil surroundings. We always ask for a 1st floor room and end up in Alligator Bayou. Nothing but love for POR! :lovestruc

Thanks for all he awesome photos of POR. We wll be having our first stay at a moderate here and are very excited. We have only been to Disney World once (for our honeymoon) but we stayed at a value (All Star Sports). This time it is with our 2 boys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter