Port Orleans Riverside

Wonderdis

Mouseketeer
A week from today, we will be in WDW for the first time and will be staying at POR !!

Can you please suggest which is the most convenient section/building in POR in terms of:

1. least crowded bus stop;
2. closer to swimming pool
3. closer to food court

Any last minute tips and suggestions are welcome with respect to the resort or even the parks !

Thank you !

If you're going to make a building request, my suggestion would be 14, 15 or 18.

This past June was the first time we have stayed in one of those buildings (I believe we were in 15), and it definately is closer to the food court.

Even when we've been back in one of the farther buildings (30something), though, we've never been unhappy.

Have a happy trip!

Ooohhh...sorry, I should have mentioned that those buildings are in Alligator Bayou.

I'm not real familiar with the mansions.

Unfortunately the least crowded bus stop (West Depot) is far from the pool/food court. Building 27 is probably right in the middle of the 2.

eta: (North Depot isn't particularly crowded, either. However, after stops at POFQ and West Depot, chances of getting a seat start going down.)

Buildings 24 and 25 have a quiet pool right by them along with laundry facilities. However they are not near the main pool or the food court.
The west depot was not crowded when were there last Sept.
This is a very serene area of the resort. :goodvibes

Be sure to post up your thoughts of the Resort. We are staying there for the first time in Oct. If you can be sure to post some Pics espcially the water slides at the pool. Have a Great Trip.

If you haven't already done so, check out the following website:

portorleans.org

A very knowledgeable Disney fan, Andre, created this website with lots of great information and pictures. We're headed to POR in 36 days.:cool1: I can't wait!!!

Just got back from a week there on Friday...We stayed at the Magnolia Building (85) and it was a great building...short walk to main pool/main building and VERY close to a bus stop! LOVED IT!!! :lovestruc

We stayed in Oak Manor, it was the closest Manor building to the food court.

It was maybe a 3-5 minute walk to the main pool, but there are "quiet pools" throughout the resort and we had one of those closer to us. If you don't need to be at the main pool, the quiet pools are great.

We always walked to the main bus stop which was close to the check-in building. It was about a 3-minute walk.

That is my favorite building of all! I will be there in 14 weeks and four days, but who's counting!

Unfortunately the least crowded bus stop (West Depot) is far from the pool/food court. Building 27 is probably right in the middle of the 2.

eta: (North Depot isn't particularly crowded, either. However, after stops at POFQ and West Depot, chances of getting a seat start going down.)

Which Depot is the Main Depot again ? and considered to be the busiest and should be avoided ?

Which side is nicer ... the mansions or the AB ?:surfweb::surfweb:

Just got back from a week there on Friday...We stayed at the Magnolia Building (85) and it was a great building...short walk to main pool/main building and VERY close to a bus stop! LOVED IT!!! :lovestruc

Which bus depot is closest to the magnolia bldg that you stayed in ?
How was the line up for the bus ?

Which bus depot is closest to the magnolia bldg that you stayed in ?
How was the line up for the bus ?

Building 85 is Oak Manor, and is located at the East depot. That is the last depot the buses serving Riverside stop at, so during peak times they may be full by the time they get to that stop.

The busiest depot would be the main (South) depot, which is the first one the buses stop at.

First time staying at POR on Dec 12-19! :cool1:

We're going to need a trundle bed for our DD. When I made the reservation, the CM said that some of the rooms (but not all) in AB have the trundle, and also some of the rooms in the Mansions have the trundle. But, from what I've been reading, this doesn't seem right. :confused3

Is this a recent change to POR, or did the CM not know what he was talking about? Do only the AB rooms have the trundle, and if so, do all of the two bed AB rooms have it, or just some?

Also, if we are at AB, is there any advantage to staying on the 2nd floor, given no elevator? (we'll have a stroller)

Thanks.

First time staying at POR on Dec 12-19! :cool1:

We're going to need a trundle bed for our DD. When I made the reservation, the CM said that some of the rooms (but not all) in AB have the trundle, and also some of the rooms in the Mansions have the trundle. But, from what I've been reading, this doesn't seem right. :confused3

Is this a recent change to POR, or did the CM not know what he was talking about? Do only the AB rooms have the trundle, and if so, do all of the two bed AB rooms have it, or just some?

Also, if we are at AB, is there any advantage to staying on the 2nd floor, given no elevator? (we'll have a stroller)

Thanks.

The CM you talked to is mistaken. None of the Mansions have trundle beds, unless they made a very recent change.
It is correct that most of the rooms in AB have trundle beds, the exception would be those with a single king bed.

If you have a stroller, I would request a first floor room. That would be a hassle to lug that up and down the stairs each day.

The busiest depot would be the main (South) depot, which is the first one the buses stop at.

That is definitely the busiest depot. But in June 2009 it was always the LAST stop. West > North > East > South. If you were waiting at the South Depot, you could pretty much depend on standing room only.

I do swear though that in 2007 when we were staying at POFQ that our first POR stop was South Depot. Maybe it was and it's changed. Or my mind is showing its age. :rotfl:

That is definitely the busiest depot. But in June 2009 it was always the LAST stop. West > North > East > South. If you were waiting at the South Depot, you could pretty much depend on standing room only.

I do swear though that in 2007 when we were staying at POFQ that our first POR stop was South Depot. Maybe it was and it's changed. Or my mind is showing its age. :rotfl:

Maybe I'm having a senior moment as well, because the last time I was there I could swear the buses stopped at POFQ first, then the South depot, and worked its way around to the East depot before departing. At some peak times, they ran separate buses to POFQ and POR. I will check it out in a few weeks.

Maybe I'm having a senior moment as well, because the last time I was there I could swear the buses stopped at POFQ first, then the South depot, and worked its way around to the East depot before departing. At some peak times, they ran separate buses to POFQ and POR. I will check it out in a few weeks.

I'm pretty sure that's the way it ran for us in 2007, at least for most of the time. We always caught the bus at the south and it seems like there were a couple of times we did not hit the other POR stops. Maybe during busier times they send more than one bus to make the other stops at POR?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter