Port Orleans Riverside

TashaRVT

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... what do
I'm hoping some of you Disney pros can give a newbie a little bit of direction!

Last fall, we stayed at AKL, and this winter we're thinking about POR - it's looks like a HUGE resort! Any comments on the best area to request?? We'll have a car, so proximity to bus stops isn't a huge deal. We have an 9 and a 6 year old, so not something a million miles away from the food source would probably by ideal! Thanks everyone!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Everyone said stay in building 14 (close to food court, bus stops, pool etc)...we did and will never again. Too noisy too much traffic, the rooms were run down and we brought home bed bugs. POR is one of the most beautiful resorts at WDW but needs work. IMO building 27 with a river view in the AB section is the most peaceful and beautiful on the AB side. As for the other side I am unsure though which is the best. It looks big but it really is not. You will really love it there it is a wonderful way to decompress after a Disney day:goodvibes

I agree with Drag n' fly. If people weren't going around one side of the building to get to the buses they were going the other way to the main building.

We stayed in building 17 AB near the quiet pool, it was more off the beat'n path and the walk was not bad at all to main building (3 to 4) mins tops.

Chris.

We have stayed in Magnoia Bend both Acadian house and Oak Manor. There was a bus stop near both and I never found the walk to the main building very far. 5 mins tops and that was not hurrying.

we have stayed in Oak manor and parterre place. We found both to be very peaceful and the walk to the main areas was reasonable and very beautiful.

Parterre is our preferred area as it is closest to FQ and we sometimes take a FQ bus (instead of the POR bus :scared1:) from the MK and walk back to our room from there. :thumbsup2

HTH

We just returned on Saturday and we were in building 16 AB. We loved it! We found it very clean and peaceful. We swam in the quiet pool most days and there were never more than 10 people there (and it was March break). We had a car as well and we were just a few steps from the parking lot, a few steps from the quiet pool and about a 3-4 minute walk from the food court. I would definitely recommend this area--we hope to stay there again!

We stayed at POR last August and specifically requested Building 14.
Had no problems with bedbugs ---thank godness:scared1:
Have to say it was very convienient as it was the closest to the main building and bus area.
I don't think I would stay in the mansions with kids, I found they seemed far away. Also, on a few occasions the buses we were on (leaving POR for the parks) were to full to pick up passengers at the further bus stops.

Interesting thread, we are thinking of POR for our Aug. vac. too...we were in CSR last year, and wanted to try something different. Well really I want to try AKL, and DH wants to try a value, but I think we will compromise with a different moderate, and since CBR is having the pool reno, and I don't care for the decor of POFQ, POR it is.....

Interesting thread, we are thinking of POR for our Aug. vac. too...we were in CSR last year, and wanted to try something different. Well really I want to try AKL, and DH wants to try a value, but I think we will compromise with a different moderate, and since CBR is having the pool reno, and I don't care for the decor of POFQ, POR it is.....

AKL was stunning, a great place to stay, esp. if animals/nature are your thing! I'm a little bit afraid of going to a Value after staying at a Deluxe at concierge level!!:scared1:

ARGH - that is exactly what I think--just can't seem to justify the $1000 price difference to dh:confused3 ...what I really need is a magical 40% off code....

POR is very well themed, as is CBR, for me, they are almost as magical as some of the deluxe resorts (have stayed at the poly and y&bc too). Loved both of those mods. You can't go wrong.

Wishing You Pixie Dust
Hope that code comes through for you!

Hugs Mel:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes -trying to help the weather man out .

we stayed in Parterre Place last august and have absolutely NOTHING to complain about. there's a quiet pool right next to the building and the food court/main building/marina/buses are a 2 minute walk away. Note : standard rooms are better than water view... standard rooms often have a good view. The worst thing you can possibly get is a view of the parking lot, to be honest, there isn't much traffic that goes in and out of that lot. We had a view of the river from our standard view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter