Port Orleans Riverside

I'm curious, how did they accomodate you? We're 2 families of 5 and booked there because we "had to". Do we have other options at the mods?

Luckily our kids are young (and small) so they were able to sleep in one bed. We also "had to" book POR, because we were a family of five. Altogther we had 4 rooms between the members of our party, and all 4 rooms were next to each other. We were the only ones with 5 in our room. We figured if we did request a room change it would have caused all kinds of trouble getting us four rooms near each other again. So, we just lived with it, and made the most of our time at the resort.

If you really need the trundle bed, then I would call ahead of time and make sure they have that noted on your reservation.

DH and are our going in oct. for our 25th wedding anv. What I would like to know is there a nice quite room I should ask for?

When we were there in July, the resort was completely booked. We had a room in the Mansions and only saw other guests around the rooms, maybe twice. We never heard anything from outside while in our room. It was oddly very quiet. We went to the quiet pool once and there was just 2 kids swimming plus us, so we practically had the pool to ourselves. I don't know if the Aligator bayou rooms would be as quiet, I haven't stayed there in 10 years.

We stayed here in July. We had a corner room in Building 14. We had requested the mansions but it worked out well being here. The kids loved it there and we weren't far from anything. We were there for 2 weeks and it was only the last 2 nights that we got inconsiderate neighbours who thought nothing of shouting and bawling at one another and slamming doors alot. I got them back at 4am one morning by banging loudly on the connecting door like they'd done to me while I was asleep. Bet they won't do that again.

We have been to POR too many times to list here. BUT, you must try and go see Piano Man Bob in the River Roost. You will enjoy his Xmas music. What a blast. Its for all ages. :cool1:

As far as room location, we perfer the AB section. Its actually is closer to the food court. BUT, the mansion side is very nice too.

We just returned from POR on Sunday and we miss it already! We asked for a waterview room and requested building 14 or 18 , but we were put into 16 and we really loved it! We overlooked a quiet pool and we had a corner room! It was great!! I was not in the least bit disappointed in POR!

OK, I want my trip to be RIGHT NOW!!!:yay: We leave in 59 days for POR, and we can't wait! I love any of the posts about POR because it gets me even more excited than I already am(and I really don't know how that is possible!:confused3 ). How has the bus situation been recently for anyone that has been there? That is the only thing concerning me!

Just back early this morning. I had never used the Disney transportation before so I can't compare it to before. Now I don't know why I haven't used the bus system before. We did have to stand twice (after Fantasmic and once on the way to the MK for P & P).

There was one morning (Sun) when we ate breakfast around 9:45 and did have trouble finding a table. I was very pleased with the food (especially the make your own oatmeal thing and pasta thing).

We had first booked to stay at PO FQ and then got switched to POR because of a code. I had my heart set on a river view room at FQ. I was going to ask for one at POR but the CM who checked us in wasn't very helpful with some other questions so I didn't even bother. We ended up with a corner room with a view of the pool in Oak Manor. Now we are so thrilled it worked out that way. I loved being a few steps away from the pool. It was well worth the extra money. (My BF wants to do the Poly or even the GF next time and I have been trying to talk him out of it because of the pool situation)

My third stay here and the first time I have enjoyed the pool. We also rented a Sea Ray. Love the boat system. All of you that are leaving soon must be so excited!! I could go on and on but you all know how great it is here.

OK, I want my trip to be RIGHT NOW!!!:yay: We leave in 59 days for POR, and we can't wait! I love any of the posts about POR because it gets me even more excited than I already am(and I really don't know how that is possible!:confused3 ). How has the bus situation been recently for anyone that has been there? That is the only thing concerning me!

We always used the Main Bus station by the lobby, and had almost no issues. The one major issue we had was on the Friday night we were there, we stayed for the Magical Extra hours at MK. We headed out for the bus at around Midnight. As we got to the line a bus had just left. We were the third family on line. We ended up waiting about 30 minutes for another bus. During this time I counted six empty busses pull into the loop and leave empty. As the crowd grew and busses kept coming and going (empty or to other resorts), the crowd started to get ungly. Finally a supervisor came over, to which several people voiced their opinions on how Disney Transportation was operated. It was not a pretty sight. Another person said they had a similar problem the night before at AK, and waited 1 hour for a bus, after the park closed.

But, on a positive note, one morning we had early reservations (7:45) for Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary. We caught a 6:45 am bus to MK. There was us and another family headed to Poly for an early breakfast, too. The bus drive dropped us of at Contemporary, and then took the other family right to the Poly. Very nice of her to do this for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter