Port Orleans Riverside vs. Carribean Beach

BekahBelle

Mouseketeer
My family is traveling to Disney this summer and planning to stay in a moderate resort. We have stayed before both at Port Orleans Riverside and the Carribean Beach. We LOVED both, but it has been 6 years since we have been to Disney. Are there any changes to these resorts that have taken place in the last 6 years? I have heard that Carribean Beach is in serious need of refurbishment, but all I have is great memories from staying there (although that was about 12 years ago). I loved the "beaches" and flora. What are your thoughts? Any recommendations, details, or changes I should be aware of?

Caribbean beach just went through a refurbisment. IMO, the rooms look 1000% better now.

We stayed at POR Dec 2012 and loved it....but we are returning in September and staying at CBR. I'm glad we weren't given the option to stay at POR (free dining) because I'm excited to try something new. I will report back in October although I realize this will be too late for you :(

POR......Hands down, even with CBR refurbishment...

Ditto for me. I've stayed at both, and to me it isn't even a close call. POR is worlds better. The only thing that would even make me take CBR into consideration would be either booking a preferred room, or having a rental car. And that would only make a stay at CBR tolerable. I love POR! The only thing CBR has over it is the door between the sleeping area and the bathroom. I really wish they would put those in at all resorts.

Exactly what ^^^ she said.....It's Disney yes (CBR that is) and I'd stay there if it was either there or nothing obviously, but when you compare apples to apples, or even apples to oranges, there are just so many other resorts that just make more sense, imho...

We have stayed at both within the last few months. POR wins! The restaurant is much better, Yehaw Bob, and the boat to DTD are all major pluses. The food courts are about equal, as are the rooms. Landscaping is pretty equal, although we like PORs a little better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter