Port Orleans Riverside trundle bed question

GinnyFavers

Rescued Princess of Chickapin Hill
Do all Port Orleans Riverside 2-double bed rooms have a trundle in them, or do you have to request at trundle room? I'm only seeing three choices for room types, Standard View, Water View and King.

Thanks in advance,

All of the rooms in the AB section have trundles, the Mansions do not. I hope this helps.:goodvibes

Terri

I don't see anywhere where I can choose between Alligator Bayou and the Mansions, though, on the form on Disney's website.

Do they just know if we have 3 kids in the room, that means they'll put in Alligator Bayou?

Yes, I believe if you have 3 kids you are automatically assigned the AB section. We have 2 kids so for us it was only a request but we got it! I think we were in building 16. It was very close to the food court, main bus stop and a quiet pool. The walk to the main pool was easy. We loved POR:thumbsup2

Terri

We have stayed at POR in the AB section the past two year with 4 children (one under 3) . Neither time did we have to request it. I believe because it is the it is the only way to sleep five in a room you automatically get it if you have 5 on your reservation.

I would recommend a RIVERview, as waterview can mean POOLview.
Thats fine if thats what you want, but I find the areas noisy. Close to the laundry though.
To get an idea of distances on the map link below....
#38 Rview is 4 mins from the North Depot bus, 4 mins to main pool and about 6 mins to Main Lobby and rest's.
Smoking area right there IF needed. At least room 3856, 2nd flr. corner.
Bldg #14 is closest to the Main Lobby though.

Good map of POR at....

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-riverside.htm

We stay at POR frequently. We book through WDW and ask for the rooms in Alligator Bayou. We were told that this is the only building with trundle beds. But, you never know, there may be other buildings that have them. We've stayed there 4 times and it's our favorite WDW resort. We're going next month and couldn't get in there - we will be at Caribbean Beach. Also, the Alligator Bayou building is convenient to the bus pickup.

Hope this helps & have a good trip. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter