Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Andre: I've enjoyed checking out your live stream from on portorleans.org several times during the day. Maybe it's just the angle the camera is facing but it doesn't appear that you have much of a view of the "river".

There are very few completely clear views of the river because of the lush vegetation and trees around the riverbank pathways. There is a bit more river visible out of the other window (corner room) but this view had the more interesting pathway junction.

When we got to the marina there were characters greeting the guests. There was Mickey Mouse, Goofy and four others. It was very cute.

Yes, today there were NINE characters out on the Riverside marina dock area from noon, and a couple of other times in the afternoon too. Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Stitch, Rafiki, Captain Hook, Baloo and Big Al were all there. This is NOT a regular occurrence, and certainly not in those numbers, so it was a bit of a treat to see them - and very short lines, some of them had no lines at all. Normally this is only a bad-weather treat (and so is held indoors in the main registration lobby) but today was a special one-off.

upload_2015-8-30_0-7-37.png

upload_2015-8-30_0-8-45.png

Orlando Theme Parks News is reporting several changes to the quick service menus at both Riverside and French Quarter:

I covered this via my News and facebook pages last week, and I've updated all of the website food court menus except for French Quarter lunch/dinner (for which I needed to find all the rotation item days, which I've now got).

The River Roost Lounge breakfast choices have now been discontinued by the way. They were there a few days ago, but not any more. The resort is evaluating how best to proceed with this service, and especially how to better inform guests when it is available.

Andre

Does anyone know if an inflatible single sized airbed will fit in an AB room? We have 3 adult members who don't want to share a queen bed. We're not trying to go over occupancy.

If one of the adult is about 5'3", the Murphy bed at AB should be fine. My sister who is 5'3" said she was comfortable sleeping in it.
As for a single inflatable bed, I think it would fit with some moving of the table and chairs.

Do all of the POR bus stops have the electronic screens that tell the arrival of the buses for each of the parks, or only the South Depot?

If one of the adult is about 5'3", the Murphy bed at AB should be fine. My sister who is 5'3" said she was comfortable sleeping in it.
As for a single inflatable bed, I think it would fit with some moving of the table and chairs.
My shortest sister is 5'7" and tallest is 5'10". We are a tall family. :)

Sorry if this has been asked and answered.....Do any of the new royal rooms have a king size bed? Are they all double?

We're leaving in 12 day's, boy i can't wait.. Any sign of the The September 2015 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans Riverside.

The rooms in all the Value resorts are either 1 King or 2 doubles. Except for the Family Suites at All Star Music and Art of Animation.

I didn't realize that. It's been a long time since I stayed in a value. Once I stayed at POR, I was hooked!

What does "Station A" or "Station B" mean?

At the South Depot (Main station by the lobby), the deport is separated in 2 sections. There are different bus assignments to each. Andrew's site at portorleans.org can give more in depth explanation. His website is the best reference for POR or POFQ stays.

Currently sitting on the Magical Express! I am staying at POR, booked a royal room, river view and just got a text that our room is ready but it's an alligator bayou room??? Anyone ever have something like that happen??

Currently sitting on the Magical Express! I am staying at POR, booked a royal room, river view and just got a text that our room is ready but it's an alligator bayou room??? Anyone ever have something like that happen??

I wouldn't sweat it just yet. When you arrive, just stop by the front desk/check-in and I'm sure they'll straighten it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter