• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Currently sitting on the Magical Express! I am staying at POR, booked a royal room, river view and just got a text that our room is ready but it's an alligator bayou room??? Anyone ever have something like that happen??

Go to the front desk on arrival and they will sort it out for you. Sounds like something in the booking system is messed up.

Andre

Go to the front desk on arrival and they will sort it out for you. Sounds like something in the booking system is messed up.

Andre
Thanks Andre, all sorted out and currently relaxing in my royal bed before heading out to Narcoossee's for dinner :)
Apparently when I modified my royal room garden veiw to river view they somehow dropped the royal room part but Sharron at the font desk totally helped us out.

Ok so I need a little advice. We have our first stay at POR starting next Friday and I have never faxed in a request before as we have not needed anything special, but due to some issues with RA I need to request a ground floor and close to bus stops. We also want to try to get Alligator Bayou rooms that are connecting, so my question is when should I fax it in? I will have to do it from work and I only work today which is 8 days out and Tuesday which will be 4 days out. Am I better off to send it a little early like today or a little later like Tuesday?

Ok so I need a little advice. We have our first stay at POR starting next Friday and I have never faxed in a request before as we have not needed anything special, but due to some issues with RA I need to request a ground floor and close to bus stops. We also want to try to get Alligator Bayou rooms that are connecting, so my question is when should I fax it in? I will have to do it from work and I only work today which is 8 days out and Tuesday which will be 4 days out. Am I better off to send it a little early like today or a little later like Tuesday?

We check in Monday and I plan to send our fax today...hoping the online fax thing works!

We ch

Yay! Recently switched itiniraries for our Disney cruise... We are now leaving from Port Canaveral meaning we get to stay at a WDW hotel the night before the cruise.

I've only stayed at POR once, we were arriving passed 10:00 PM and leaving at 10:00 AM the next day and it was way too much.

We are not staying much longer this time (arriving around 9:00 PM and leaving around noon the next day) but still... I can't wait to be back "home" on Nov 29th.

So excited!!!

Last edited:
There are very few completely clear views of the river because of the lush vegetation and trees around the riverbank pathways. There is a bit more river visible out of the other window (corner room) but this view had the more interesting pathway junction.

Yes, today there were NINE characters out on the Riverside marina dock area from noon, and a couple of other times in the afternoon too. Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Stitch, Rafiki, Captain Hook, Baloo and Big Al were all there. This is NOT a regular occurrence, and certainly not in those numbers, so it was a bit of a treat to see them - and very short lines, some of them had no lines at all. Normally this is only a bad-weather treat (and so is held indoors in the main registration lobby) but today was a special one-off.

View attachment 120514

View attachment 120515

I covered this via my News and facebook pages last week, and I've updated all of the website food court menus except for French Quarter lunch/dinner (for which I needed to find all the rotation item days, which I've now got).

The River Roost Lounge breakfast choices have now been discontinued by the way. They were there a few days ago, but not any more. The resort is evaluating how best to proceed with this service, and especially how to better inform guests when it is available.

Andre
We caught goofy at POR on 8/30 too! About 2pm?

I am so excited to be returning. I hope to one day stay in the royal rooms. We have stayed in AB and the garden view rooms each time.

We just returned from a 7 night stay, our 2nd time at POR.

We put in a room request with Touring Plans (with a few options based on our booking category) and received our request. We booked preferred and requested a 2nd floor room overlooking the courtyard between bldg 14 and 18, and got exactly that with rm 1841. We loved the location.

We loved the CMs from the bell hops and food court, to the pool/rec CMs and gift shop. We actually by-passed checkin so didn't have much interaction there. The food court was great, and we enjoyed some of our best meals there, the carriage ride with Laurie Lynn and Bo was fun, surprise M&G with Goofy, clean room with awesome housekeeping, boat ride to DTD, buses were pretty good (except the crazy returns from MK and lack of buses returning from TL where we had to go to Epcot and transfer - ugh), and of course River Roost Lounge and YeeHaw Bob Jackson. Wonderful resort!

Thanks Andre and all for your suggestions and ideas! :thanks:

We just returned from a 7 night stay, our 2nd time at POR.

We put in a room request with Touring Plans (with a few options based on our booking category) and received our request. We booked preferred and requested a 2nd floor room overlooking the courtyard between bldg 14 and 18, and got exactly that with rm 1841. We loved the location.

We loved the CMs from the bell hops and food court, to the pool/rec CMs and gift shop. We actually by-passed checkin so didn't have much interaction there. The food court was great, and we enjoyed some of our best meals there, the carriage ride with Laurie Lynn and Bo was fun, surprise M&G with Goofy, clean room with awesome housekeeping, boat ride to DTD, buses were pretty good (except the crazy returns from MK and lack of buses returning from TL where we had to go to Epcot and transfer - ugh), and of course River Roost Lounge and YeeHaw Bob Jackson. Wonderful resort!

Thanks Andre and all for your suggestions and ideas! :thanks:
So glad you had a great stay at Riverside! I just love this resort for all of things you mentioned. Also good to know that you got your room request using the TP fax! I will be using this for the first time for my upcoming trip soon.

So I've read all the posts about faxing room requests 5 days before. Is there a reason you need to fax?
Last stay we made our request at booking (with travel agent) for a specific loop and for 2 cabins next to each other at Fort Wilderness. Requests were filled.
Does POR not honor requests made with the reservation?

So I've read all the posts about faxing room requests 5 days before. Is there a reason you need to fax?
Last stay we made our request at booking (with travel agent) for a specific loop and for 2 cabins next to each other at Fort Wilderness. Requests were filled.

They most definitely do. We've stayed at POR 4 times and had our room requests noted on our reservation when we booked. Received our requests each time. If you have a special situation and really need a specific request, then sending a fax it gives you a chance to explain in detail what you need and why.

First of all, requests are just that - requests. There's no guarantee that you'll get a request honored, although I'm sure they do their best. Second, not everyone books by phone (I would assume that's what your TA did), so if you book online, you can't make a request at the time of booking.

It's not so much a case of requests by phone being ignored, but of what exactly actually gets written when the call-center agent add the notes to the computer system. Also, more general requests (especially with single-room bookings) are mostly left to be allocated by the Ready Room assignment process anyway, which takes place an hour or two before your arrival, and while the CMs will still try to fulfil requests at that point there may not be a suitable match available.

If you fax 3-5 days out, you know that your request (in your own words) will be read by someone physically at the resort, who is actively working on block bookings. While they may still feel it is a general enough request to leave to the Ready Room process, if you explain any concerns you have in more detail then there's more of a chance they'll decide to block a room out for you in advance.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter