• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked out of POR two days ago and I can't wait to return again someday. It's such a beautiful place!

You can fax as early as you like, but generally they don't start looking at requests until 5 days out (closer than that for single rooms) so your fax will probably get stored in the meantime rather than being actioned when it arrives.

Andre
Ok, thanks. I was thinking I'd try faxing before I flew to Ft Lauderdale, but maybe I'll wait, and ask my hotel to fax it for me. Single room meaning room only res?

SUE I hope you a great vacation!

Riverside Transportation by KC MikeD, on Flickr

Thanks Mike! I think I'll start laying things out to pack this week. Since I have to try on all capris to see how they feel around knee :rolleyes: had knee replacement in Sept, still lots of swelling, ugh.

I can't wait to get on that boat! Lovely photo.

We are going to Epcot on our second day and want to go to the Boardwalk after Illuminations. Can you walk?
And how do you get back to POR from the Boardwalk. How late can you stay?

We are going to Epcot on our second day and want to go to the Boardwalk after Illuminations. Can you walk? And how do you get back to POR from the Boardwalk. How late can you stay?
We did this in September and the walk from the international Gateway entrance of Epcot isn't too bad, or it is the first stop if you take the boat.

We chose to then walk from Boardwalk to HS to get a bus to POR, which works as long as HS is open and is about a 10 minute walk. Another option is to take a bus from Boardwalk to DTD and then catch a boat or bus back to POR from there.

We are going to Epcot on our second day and want to go to the Boardwalk after Illuminations. Can you walk?

You can walk over to BW from Epcot.

I always take the DTD bus back to the bus hub and then take the water taxi back to POR. They run every 10 minutes after 4 pm. The last water taxi leaves at 11:00 pm.

Later than that, I usually go by taxi.

:wave2: HELLO EVERYONE!!! :wave2:

This is not only my first time to DW, my fiances, but most importantly our DD. We are going March 4-10. We are arriving the day before our DD 5th birthday. I don't think I could be more excited!!! This is a complete surprise to her, and was a random decision. We are staying in a Royal Room at POR and she is going to squeeeeal in excitement, so sorry to anyone who else is around us. I randomly decided and booked 67 days out, and had no clue what went into a Disney trip. :lmao: So I have been going nuts researching :surfweb: and booked our ARD's, but sadly did not get a Cinderella or Be Our Guest reservation. (bummer!) but there is Disney Magic everywhere so it will all be okay! I do believe I did the FP+ right, and choose ones that would be best for her and didn't have an issue with reserving them (besides staying up until midnight and having it tell me I couldn't reserve until our arrival date, :badpc: ) It fixed it's self at 5am that morning, and I was back at it... :hyper: Now that that is all done, I am just looking forward to the "less stress planning" and more researching. I am all ears :listen: for any advice when it comes to resort info, traveling by plane (my fiance and I have only been on a plane once as children 15+years ago) *security/packing issues?, general DW tips, and anything else you think I should know as a newbie, and late planner! Thanks in advance, and hope you all enjoy your trips.

We did this in September and the walk from the international Gateway entrance of Epcot isn't too bad, or it is the first stop if you take the boat. We chose to then walk from Boardwalk to HS to get a bus to POR, which works as long as HS is open and is about a 10 minute walk. Another option is to take a bus from Boardwalk to DTD and then catch a boat or bus back to POR from there.
Thank you

You can walk over to BW from Epcot. I always take the DTD bus back to the bus hub and then take the water taxi back to POR. They run every 10 minutes after 4 pm. The last water taxi leaves at 11:00 pm. Later than that, I usually go by taxi.
What are the costs of a taxi back to POR from DTD?

You can walk over to BW from Epcot. I always take the DTD bus back to the bus hub and then take the water taxi back to POR. They run every 10 minutes after 4 pm. The last water taxi leaves at 11:00 pm. Later than that, I usually go by taxi.
What time is the last bus from the Boardwalk to DTD? We are thinking about. Spending some time at the dance hall at the Boardwalk and don't want to be stranded trying to get back to POR...LOL

We did this in September and the walk from the international Gateway entrance of Epcot isn't too bad, or it is the first stop if you take the boat. We chose to then walk from Boardwalk to HS to get a bus to POR, which works as long as HS is open and is about a 10 minute walk. Another option is to take a bus from Boardwalk to DTD and then catch a boat or bus back to POR from there.
Thank you!

Single room meaning a one-room booking, as opposed to two or three rooms in the same group which they may need to arrange to be close to each other.

Andre
Ah, thanks.i guess I'll just write up fax at home, and take it with me to send 4 days out. We def have a single room(s). Doing a split stay within POR! First 5 days Royal Room, then next 5 days standard room with a magical deal. So last question Andre, promise! Since I have 2 reservations, next one being 5 days after arrival, should I include both room requests on the fax or how woukd I go about submitting second room requests if not, since I'll already be there :confused3. I do have requests noted on my reservation, but want to be sure second reservation is in Magnolia Bend too. Love Acadian House or Mag. Terrace locations. Or maybe I'll get pixiedust: and they'll just say stay in RR :rotfl:

This is not only my first time to DW, my fiances, but most importantly our DD. We are going March 4-10. We are arriving the day before our DD 5th birthday. I don't think I could be more excited!!! This is a complete surprise to her, and was a random decision. We are staying in a Royal Room at POR and she is going to squeeeeal in excitement, so sorry to anyone who else is around us. I randomly decided and booked 67 days out, and had no clue what went into a Disney trip. :lmao: So I have been going nuts researching :surfweb: and booked our ARD's, but sadly did not get a Cinderella or Be Our Guest reservation. (bummer!) but there is Disney Magic everywhere so it will all be okay! I do believe I did the FP+ right, and choose ones that would be best for her and didn't have an issue with reserving them (besides staying up until midnight and having it tell me I couldn't reserve until our arrival date, :badpc: ) It fixed it's self at 5am that morning, and I was back at it... :hyper: Now that that is all done, I am just looking forward to the "less stress planning" and more researching. I am all ears :listen: for any advice when it comes to resort info, traveling by plane (my fiance and I have only been on a plane once as children 15+years ago) *security/packing issues?, general DW tips, and anything else you think I should know as a newbie, and late planner! Thanks in advance, and hope you all enjoy your trips.
:thumbsup2 congrats on your first trip! For planning there are several good web sites, the first page of this thread will give you loads of info about POR.

A great guide book is WDW The Unifficial Guide, along with their web site Touring Plans. Not only does it tell you all about the resorts and parks, it teaches you how to tour in an order that will have you waiting less and riding more.
I also love the Easy Disney web site. It also has a crowd calendar to tell you which is the least crowded park each day. So first I plan out which park I'll be in each day according to crowd calendar on either Easy WDW, or Touring Plans. Then I slot in dining accordingly.
If you haven't got ADRs that you wanted, keep checking, you never know if something will open up. Although the ones you wanted are pretty popular!

For park touring, if you want to go on some of the more thrill rides that a young child wouldn't want to go in, they have ride swap. You all go on line, then swap turns riding. And your 5 yr old may find some of the queues fun. They have such intricate theming.

As to airline regulations, best to check the TSA site as to what you can pack.

Yes you can walk to Boardwalk, just go out the International Gate in World Showcase. It's near France. Have a look at park map. To get back to POR busses run an hour after park closing, so you can check DHS closing time, if it's within an hour after closing you can walk (15-20 min) or take the Friendship boat to DHS and get Por bus back.
If it's past that, the bus to DTD to transfer to either POR bus or boat will work.

sadly did not get a Cinderella or Be Our Guest reservation. (bummer!) .

You may be able to get a BOG (Be our Guest) reservation for lunch. It is more of a Fastpass but does not count against your ride Fastpasses.
At about 27 days before you arrive the dates open up for you to book lunch. You just login to the site using your disney account and 12 digit room reservation number.
Here is the web page...
https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

Here is the DIS Be Our Guest thread...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3310867&highlight=bog+lunch

There will be tons of info there (more than what i might know).

Have a fun trip.

Now that that is all done, I am just looking forward to the "less stress planning" and more researching. I am all ears :listen: for any advice when it comes to resort info, traveling by plane (my fiance and I have only been on a plane once as children 15+years ago) *security/packing issues?, general DW tips, and anything else you think I should know as a newbie, and late planner! Thanks in advance, and hope you all enjoy your trips.

For traveling by plane, I would go on the transportation board. I would do that similarly with the "general DW tips", choose a board that fits what you are looking for. Asking multiple questions on a board that is meant for just resorts may get overlooked because there is so much to answer and there is so much information available on other boards that are more appropriate for your needs.

Good Day everyone, just reading up and checking messages today. Hope all are having a magical day!

I will check in telling you I have been dreaming about POR all day.....in DE.

Our wind chill factor will be -5 tonight. Ugh. I don't care how "chilly" it may be in Florida, nothing compares to how cold and miserable it is up here.:sad2:

This is not only my first time to DW, my fiances, but most importantly our DD. We are going March 4-10. We are arriving the day before our DD 5th birthday. I don't think I could be more excited!!! This is a complete surprise to her, and was a random decision. We are staying in a Royal Room at POR and she is going to squeeeeal in excitement, so sorry to anyone who else is around us. I randomly decided and booked 67 days out, and had no clue what went into a Disney trip. :lmao: I am just looking forward to the "less stress planning" and more researching. I am all ears :listen: for any advice when it comes to resort info, traveling by plane (my fiance and I have only been on a plane once as children 15+years ago) *security/packing issues?, general DW tips, and anything else you think I should know as a newbie, and late planner! Thanks in advance, and hope you all enjoy your trips.

My one piece of advice would be to not try to see/do everything. It will just stress you out;) and make you need a vacation as soon as you get home.
Pick your must do things and just enjoy your DD reactions.

I'm wondering how many people can go for a horse and carriage ride.

We've never done it on any stays there, but this time we will be with other family members and may want to do it with them. There would either be 6 or 8 of us, so I'm wondering if we could all go in the same carriage. And what is the cost? Is it per person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter