Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to wish everyone a fabulous New Year - I hope 2015 is a good one for you, and hopefully it will include at least one visit to our favourite resort hotel.

I'm sure there will be lots to look forward to at Port Orleans this year, and a few changes might even be coming in the very near future. For example, I hear that following the successful trail period in the summer there will soon be a permanent facility for direct-to-room check-ins which, although optional, will be a very useful feature for returning visitors who already know the resort. And all those people who have been longing to be able to pick up some resort-specific merchandise at the gift shops might just be in for a pleasant surprise the next time they visit...

It also seems like an opportune moment to do a brief roundup of the Port Orleans news from last year. I won't re-post it all verbatim here (as plenty has already appeared in this thread) but please CLICK HERE to read the full article and find out more.

Have a Very Happy New Year everyone!

Andre

I know this has probably all been asked a thousand times, but I'd like to make sure that I've got this straight. (I'm looking ahead to a visit next year) and am thinking it will be Riverside as it's a hotel I've never stayed at)

If I book a standard room and want the Mansions area, I would probably get Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House? (I'd probably prefer Magnolia Terrace from the looks of the pictures I've seen) But what is the walk like from either building to the main building compared with the walk from Pirates section of CBR? (I would probably get a parking lot view with standard I'm assuming)

I read about Disney trying out wait time screens at Riverside? I'm assuming at the moment this is still happening?

Again, I realize this is probably all been asked many times but I'm just trying to make sure I've got it all right.

If I book a standard room and want the Mansions area, I would probably get Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House?

You would definitely get Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House because Oak Manor and Parterre Place are all Royal rooms, which are a separate booking category.

Andre, my husband and I are staying at POR for marathon weekend. Will we be able to use our refillable mugs before we board a bus to the start line? Around 3:30 am? Thanks!

5 more sleeps until Disney and the Dopey Challenge!

If I book a standard room and want the Mansions area, I would probably get Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House?

I read about Disney trying out wait time screens at Riverside? I'm assuming at the moment this is still happening?

Yes, the bus wait time screens are still operating at Riverside's South Depot bus stop.

As far as rooms go, yes the two possible mansion buildings are Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace - but do remember that you could also be located in the Alligator Bayou section, so don't assume you will get a mansion building at all.

Andre, my husband and I are staying at POR for marathon weekend. Will we be able to use our refillable mugs before we board a bus to the start line? Around 3:30 am? Thanks!

Normally the drinks machines are not readily available overnight as they need to clean and refill the dispensers, but I guess it's possible they might have them available on this occasion (or at least one side of the island anyway). I'd ask the night before though, so you can plan ahead and buy some bottles if you need a contingency plan.

Andre

I'd like to wish everyone a fabulous New Year - I hope 2015 is a good one for you, and hopefully it will include at least one visit to our favourite resort hotel.

I'm sure there will be lots to look forward to at Port Orleans this year, and a few changes might even be coming in the very near future. For example, I hear that following the successful trail period in the summer there will soon be a permanent facility for direct-to-room check-ins which, although optional, will be a very useful feature for returning visitors who already know the resort. And all those people who have been longing to be able to pick up some resort-specific merchandise at the gift shops might just be in for a pleasant surprise the next time they visit...

It also seems like an opportune moment to do a brief roundup of the Port Orleans news from last year. I won't re-post it all verbatim here (as plenty has already appeared in this thread) but please CLICK HERE to read the full article and find out more.

Have a Very Happy New Year everyone!

Andre

Happy New Years and thanks for all you do!

Do you think resort specific merchandise will be there late January? :yay:

Do you think resort specific merchandise will be there late January? :yay:

Oh, I suspect some might be.... ;)

B6NxSfAIgAMIP2J.jpg

B6NxSfDIAAA0EP_.jpg

B6NxSfCIAAAo7Xa.jpg

(pics from @Schmoofy, somewhere in the Twitterverse)

Anyone on-site at the moment care to see what else is available?

Andre

Oh, I suspect some might be....

Anyone on-site at the moment care to see what else is available?

Andre

Let me check in the morning (with some scaled down pictures) :-)

Edit: I'm in here right now, and you posted pictures of everything. The only other POR item is the trading pin:

shopping

Edit 2: one more item. It's a matted picture of the resort
16149257656_cc8e14d554_b.jpg

Just wanted to say I faxed POR around 9:30 this morning with my room request, following the template Venomhatch provided.

Less than 2 hours later I received an email that I had been assigned a room which meets my specifications!

Thanks so much, I haven't even packed yet and already I've been pixiedusted!

Maria :upsidedow

Does anyone know if you can buy a case of water at the giftshop and how much it is?

They sometimes sell 24-packs of small Dasani water bottles, but it'll be a lot more expensive than the supermarkets or even the Hess gas station in Downtown Disney.

Andre

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter