Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning toward AB as of now. I requested to be placed there but my reservation does not indicate anywhere AB. Perhaps it is a note only the CMs can see. I will be calling before arrival to clarify this if in fact I do choose to stay with AB!

For what it's worth, if you want an AB location that's fairly close to the main buildings and to the main bus stop, then requesting buildings 16 or 17 would fit the bill nicely. Those are also fairly close to a quiet pool too. Standard View rooms mostly face towards the parking lots, but there's still plenty of vegetation between you and the cars, and you never know they might give you more of a garden view anyway.

The reservation info that is displayed for you does not show requests, but if you call the reservation center they can check for you. If you want to contact the resort just before arrival, do it by FAX rather than by phone, see www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for a somewhat lengthy discussion on the subject. :)

Andre

Well, our trip with our daughter, her husband, their two children (ages 6 and 9) and her husband's parents is just a month away!! :banana:

It's been "in the planning stage" for over a year, and booked for several months. We just got our information packet in the mail yesterday. :)

This will be my 4th time staying at POR and hopefully we'll get the mansions side again (DD is calling a week ahead of time with a couple room requests: mansions side and 3 rooms side by side as the grandchildren want a set of grandparents on either side of them). I've never stayed on the other side, as I really enjoy the mansions.

I've stayed in Oak (but I see now those are preferred rooms) and Magnolia, wouldn't mind Magnolia again or even Acadian. To us, it really isn't a long walk to get to the main building/food court, with pathways leading to the bridges and just across them to the main pool and a few more steps to the building so even if we get rooms in Acadian it'll be fine with us.

Can hardly wait to be there again, for 8 nights, and with our extended family and this will be our grandchildren's first visit to Disneyworld! :yay:

Oh, a question too...is Yee Haw Bob still performing at River Roost?

We've never made it there to see one of his performances, but I think the grandchildren would really enjoy it.

But I seem to remember reading that he was not there anymore?

Most people want a preferred room at AB and as close to the main building as possible. Not us! We elect to say in the back near the West Depot where it is extra peaceful and relaxing. Once when I was on a solo (business trip in area) I was offered a Mansion room and said no :)

6 times so far but I miss it so and hope to visit again in 2016
We stayed in Building 25 back by the West Depot in 2002. We loved it! There was always room on the bus and we loved the walks to the main building.

Oh, a question too...is Yee Haw Bob still performing at River Roost?

But I seem to remember reading that he was not there anymore?

Yes he is. It was Elliot Dyson (the jazz musician over at French Quarter) who is no longer performing at the resort.

Andre

Kermiebudge- thanks so much for posting- I looked right after I saw your post and snagged a Preferred Room- yay! Unfortunately it is at the rack rate, so now need to decide if it is worth an extra $400. Everything in unavailable again as of this a.m. but it was great to see a glimpse of availability!

Hi all! I was noticing that the pull down murphy (banquette) bed is now listed as an option for all room categories on the WDW booking site. Not just the preferred Alligator Bayou rooms. Can anyone tell me if they are not available in all rooms?

Hi all! I was noticing that the pull down murphy (banquette) bed is now listed as an option for all room categories on the WDW booking site. Not just the preferred Alligator Bayou rooms. Can anyone tell me if they are not available in all rooms?

Only the AB section has the Murphy bed, but it does cover all of the AB section not just the preferred buildings if that is what you were asking.

Do the buses that pick up people from POR stop at any of the other hotels (besides POFQ) on the way to the theme parks, or once they leave the PO hotel area, do they go straight on?

Thanks!

Do the buses that pick up people from POR stop at any of the other hotels (besides POFQ) on the way to the theme parks, or once they leave the PO hotel area, do they go straight on?

Thanks!

No. And POR and POFQ don't always share buses, either.

Thanks!

Straight to the parks. On our trips if they share POFQ is 1st on/off except for DTD. The last couple of trips buses around openning did not share. Same thing coming back from DHS and Epcot at closing. They did not share at all with MK coming or going on the last trip.

DH & I love the Preferred AB rooms. We've been lucky enough to be in buildings 14 or 18 for all of our stays. Close to everything. We were just there in November & loved everything as usual. We have tried the mansions & they just aren't for us. Loved the carriage ride which we did last year for our anniversary. The boat ride to DTD is a must every trip. Enjoy your stay!!

Do you mind if I ask why you didn't like the Mansions?

Do you mind if I ask why you didn't like the Mansions?

No problem. DH & I just felt that they were more stuffy feeling & less relaxing than the AB section. Didn't like the room furnishings but that's just us. We love the rustic look & feeling of AB but that might also be why we like the WL too.

Hi. I was wondering if any of the preferred buildings have king bed rooms. This trip it will just be me, hubby, and son so I am debating between preferred and a king room.

Hi. I was wondering if any of the preferred buildings have king bed rooms. This trip it will just be me, hubby, and son so I am debating between preferred and a king room.

Yes. Preferred rooms in the AB have a few King beds in each building.

Here is the link to Andre's site. If you click on a building it will show you the first floor and second floor plans as to where the king beds are.

http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php

Yes there are king bed rooms in buildings 14, 15, 18 and 27 (which are the buildings where the preferred rooms are located). They are sold as King Bed category though, not Preferred, so you'd need to book King Bed and request buildings 14 or 18 for example.

Andre

So excited. Just booked 2 nights in January as our Christmas present to ourselves. We were just there in November but decided we deserved another quick get away. Love POR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter