Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a little insulting. I took it that way considering I also am one of the contributing POR experts as well as a CM myself. Andre is a very long time supporter and fan of the resort as well as he owns and operates his own website: www.portorleans.org. He also knows several CMs also himself. Things do change from time to time, but Andre is on it pretty fast and has several sources for his updates. So it is highly impossible that the info is incorrect. We do tend to have a disagreement on how many days before a fax is sent in if someone wants to do so. But we are really close even on that. I support Andre as well as the entire collection of POR fans that have submitted info, updates, or general tips about POR. Sometimes you get a random situation that can cause things to go a little different and then seems like info is incorrect, but it is usually a random situation. Please do enjoy the thread, but above all we are here to share as everything develops. We are only human.
:thumbsup2.

If I my order from Garden Grocers arrives before I do at POR will they hold it for me at the front desk? The only cold thing I bought was 2 half gallons of Milk. Also should I tell POR that I am expecting Garden Grocers in my fax?

If I my order from Garden Grocers arrives before I do at POR will they hold it for me at the front desk? The only cold thing I bought was 2 half gallons of Milk. Also should I tell POR that I am expecting Garden Grocers in my fax?
They will keep it cold for you at Bell services. Then once you arrive and are ready for it call Bell services and thy will bring your items to your room. Since it is all handled by Bell services we have always done fine not notifying the resort ahead of time. It is really easy.

Can I take a double stroller on the boats to DTD. Do I have to fold it up?

Not sure that I really want to, but if we need to I'm wondering if it's an opition.

We have a sit-n-stand and the only time we were told to fold it, was when there was to many strollers to fit in the front of the boat opened. They always tell you to put the stroller in the front, so it is out of the way.

If we are staying at POR on a package rate but we want to add someone to our room for just two nights with no park tickets - how can we do that so she can use magical express with us?

Are the royal rooms a little too "girly" for an 8 yo boy? I like the look of them and want something that is highly themed in the mod category for our next trip. Plus I love the location! TIA

Are the royal rooms a little too "girly" for an 8 yo boy? I like the look of them and want something that is highly themed in the mod category for our next trip. Plus I love the location! TIA

My 11 year old DS loved it last spring, and would happily stay again! Cool fireworks, rich details, very fun!!

My 9 year old son loved the fireworks on the headboard each evening. He did, however, buy a toy gun at Epcot and upon arriving back at the hotel room pretended to take aim at all the pictures of the princesses. ;)

You'll have a great time there! We would be back for this Christmas, except the free dining wasn't offered this year.

I'm finalizing everything on my pre-trip list(4 more days!) here. Just sent my fax, a little late, but hopefully OK.

I have a somewhat random question I just thought of. Does anyone know if the general store has half and half for sale? I know they have milk, but I've gotta have my half and half with my morning coffee and I don't like the processed stuff.

If not, has anyone ever flown with refrigerated stuff like that packed in their checked baggage and if so how did you pack it? Our flight is only a couple of hours. Not only is it probably too late for garden grocer, but I don't want to pay the delivery fee. :P

Thanks folks and if you'll be there this coming week, see ya real soon! :woohoo:

If we are staying at POR on a package rate but we want to add someone to our room for just two nights with no park tickets - how can we do that so she can use magical express with us?

If you are on a package, they normally require everyone in the room to be on the same deal (especially if the Dining Plan is included).

You could always re-book room-only for the resort, and purchase tickets separately though. I'm not sure how the costs would work for adding a third adult to your booking if it's not for the whole booked period though, they may want to charge the extra-adult nightly supplement for the whole stay, you'd need to check that with them.

Andre

Loving our stay here at POR but I must say the ice machine here In our section of bldg 18 makes leaves a bit to be desired. It doesn't even put out enough ice in the bucket for 2 cold drinks no matter what time of day. We've never run into that before.

I'm finalizing everything on my pre-trip list(4 more days!) here. Just sent my fax, a little late, but hopefully OK.

I have a somewhat random question I just thought of. Does anyone know if the general store has half and half for sale? I know they have milk, but I've gotta have my half and half with my morning coffee and I don't like the processed stuff.

If not, has anyone ever flown with refrigerated stuff like that packed in their checked baggage and if so how did you pack it? Our flight is only a couple of hours. Not only is it probably too late for garden grocer, but I don't want to pay the delivery fee. :P

Thanks folks and if you'll be there this coming week, see ya real soon! :woohoo:

I would not suggest carrying half and half in your checked luggage. I took oatmeal cups (like cup of soup, only instant oatmeal) in my checked suitcase one time and ended up with a mess in my suitcase. I guess the change in air pressure must have caused the cups to pop open. Now I think about worst-case scenario when I am packing my suitcase. Worst-case scenario with half and half is pretty bad!

Can anyone say just how big this resort is? Say in comparison to Art of Animation, where the little mermaid rooms are a way off from dining and busses? Love the resort (especially the mansion rooms) but I don't want to have a room that's a mile from everything.

Good point elsasfan, most articles I could find dealing with packing perishable food like this were frozen meat. I think I'll just deal with buying milk from the general store.

For those of you that sent in faxes, how long did it take to get a response? I sent mine yesterday and haven't heard anything and I'm starting to doubt my skills at using the office fax machine even though it spit out a confirmation page. :-/

Good point elsasfan, most articles I could find dealing with packing perishable food like this were frozen meat. I think I'll just deal with buying milk from the general store.

For those of you that sent in faxes, how long did it take to get a response? I sent mine yesterday and haven't heard anything and I'm starting to doubt my skills at using the office fax machine even though it spit out a confirmation page. :-/

You can send a second time if you'd like. But I do want to take the time to advise that they don't always have time to confirm, It depends on if they are busy or not. I would say its ok to fax one more time if your worried but most fax machines can confirm it was received and you can check the number and make sure its right.

Thanks Venom. I really don't want to be a bother to anyone, definitely get that things get busy. It was my second guessing my fax abilities more than anything. I do high tech stuff all day at work and then am baffled by a fax machine, I wanted to go Office Space on that thing by the end of it.

Can anyone say just how big this resort is? Say in comparison to Art of Animation, where the little mermaid rooms are a way off from dining and busses? Love the resort (especially the mansion rooms) but I don't want to have a room that's a mile from everything.

If you get a room at the back of the resort, it will take the same amount of time to walk to the FC as AOA-LM rooms. The main pool will be less of a walk and POR has 4 bus stops so really no matter where your room is it will only be a 5 minute or less walk to one of them. POR has preferred rooms, which cost extra or the royal guest rooms which will guarantee you being in either Oak Manor or Parterre Place mansions. The preferred bldgs are a couple of minutes from everything and the RGR are about a 5 minute walk. Check out www.portorleans.org for everything you need to know:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter