Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dramatic effect is from a heck of a lot of HDR post-processing.

Andre

Yes, I use Photomatix Pro to combine and tone map three bracketed exposures of a scene. I love the process, but it's certainly not for everyone. Sorry if you're not a fan of the effect. I'll post my photos in the other thread for anyone who might be interested.

Yes, I use Photomatix Pro to combine and tone map three bracketed exposures of a scene. I love the process, but it's certainly not for everyone. Sorry if you're not a fan of the effect. I'll post my photos in the other thread for anyone who might be interested.

You did a nice job regardless. You can post them here, there, or even both for all we care. Again love the photo!

Would you mind if I had my sister use your picture as a reference to paint me a picture from?

Got back from POR late on Sunday. Finally have the time to go through all my photos (I took a lot of them).
POR is easily one of the most photogenic places on Earth. It's so beautiful - I miss it so much! :(
Is there a tread in the Photography forums where I can post pictures of POR or can I post them here?

10603940_539568452845325_9106233227597852287_o.jpg
WOW! That's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

I love it! Please post other photos here.

Checked in POR this morning at 8:45 and our room was ready. Yay!!! Faxed requests in 5 days prior requesting Alligator Bayou, corner room on 2nd floor. We got everything requested in Bldg 27 with a river view (I booked a Standard View). Double Yay!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Checked in POR this morning at 8:45 and our room was ready. Yay!!! Faxed requests in 5 days prior requesting Alligator Bayou, corner room on 2nd floor. We got everything requested in Bldg 27 with a river view (I booked a Standard View). Double Yay!!!!!!

Excellent! That's some upgrade, that's a really nice area, very easy access for the food court too.

Could I ask you a favour? If you happen to be walking past Boatwright's at any point, could you snap a few quick phone-pics of the new menu for me? Someone sent me the Appetisers/Entrees list a few days ago, but I still need the Desserts section and also the back of the menu too (wines & beverages), plus ideally a shot of the kids menu (if one is not out on display, the CM at the podium can let you look at one). Many thanks!

Andre

Lots of pixie dust for your family! Very happy for you! Hope you have a magical vacation!pixiedust:

We check in Monday & I can't wait. Paid for preferred & requested 14 or 18, ground floor. We have had so many health issues this year that these 4 days will be our only vacation so we are spending it at our "second" home. Now all I have to do is get through one more day of work & a huge craft show & DH has 2 more days & is keeping fingers crossed nothing else goes haywire at our business so we can go relax at POR. Many thanks as always to Andre & Venomhatch.

:thumbsup2ww

What day of the week did you send in your fax?

If you happen to be walking past Boatwright's at any point, could you snap a few quick phone-pics of the new menu for me?

Actually just the kids menu is needed now, I've got everything else courtesy of a very helpful cast member.

Andre

Faxed requests in 5 days prior requesting Alligator Bayou, corner room on 2nd floor.

That sounds great! I hope that you have a wonderful trip. My family of 4 will be staying at PO Riverside in a week. I was planning on calling the morning before we arrive to request building 16 or 17. We have a Garden View room and I am hoping to be close to the food court area. I am wondering if calling is good enough or if Faxing is better.

I am wondering if calling is good enough or if Faxing is better.

Calling the resort will just get you through to a central call center, who will just add your request onto your booking on the system. Faxing goes directly to the room allocation team who are in a position to actually action it.

Andre

January can't get here soon enough. I so enjoy getting my Disney Fix by reading the posts of everyone who is there now. Enjoy your vacations. Can't wait til January gets here.

January can't get here soon enough. I so enjoy getting my Disney Fix by reading the posts of everyone who is there now. Enjoy your vacations. Can't wait til January gets here.

Me too, except I'm not going until February!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter