Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a question about building requests. My younger child has a condition with her hips that makes it harder for her to walk up and down stairs - it's not a disabling condition, but she's a lot slower and more hesitant on stairs. If I wanted to request a room in a mansions building, or a first floor AB room, could I make this request through my travel agent or just when we arrived to check in? I'd prefer to be in a mansions building, but would be okay with an AB room on the first floor, if we decide to stay here. Sorry if this has been asked before.

I had a question about building requests. My younger child has a condition with her hips that makes it harder for her to walk up and down stairs - it's not a disabling condition, but she's a lot slower and more hesitant on stairs. If I wanted to request a room in a mansions building, or a first floor AB room, could I make this request through my travel agent or just when we arrived to check in? I'd prefer to be in a mansions building, but would be okay with an AB room on the first floor, if we decide to stay here. Sorry if this has been asked before.

DH have similar stair concerns (I have weak ankles and we will have a stroller with us) and plan on putting in the requests explaining why in to the TA and then plan on faxing the resort as recommended in this thread 3-5 days before we get there again, don't forget the why. The why you want the request is important. It lets them know its not just a frivolous I like the decor better request.

GoOfyInDisNEy said:
Anyone there right now? We arrive on Tuesday and I'm curious if they are sharing busses with POFQ

I think it is pretty standard routes. Most buses in the early morning do not share. After 9-10am they might share going to the parks. They share buses going back to the resorts. The only park that doesnt share is Magic Kingdom. All shared return routes go to RS first except Hollywood Studios that typically goes to the FQ first.

I'm here now. We have mostly shared buses back from the parks, but last night when we came back from HS after Fantasmic we did not share. Each resort has its own bus.

I think it is pretty standard routes. Most buses in the early morning do not share. After 9-10am they might share going to the parks. They share buses going back to the resorts. The only park that doesnt share is Magic Kingdom. All shared return routes go to RS first except Hollywood Studios that typically goes to the FQ first.

Thanks!! So excited to try this place out.

Booked our stay in a Royal Pool View Room for the week after xmas including New Years. Any request I should make to be the closest to the foot bridge to the main building? Can someone put this walk into perspective for me? We have stayed in the Villas at the GF. Is the walk from the villas to the main building about the same as the Royal rooms to the main building at POR??

Also- which bus stop do we use? I am a little worried about the bus situation during the week of xmas/new years. Any advice on this??

I am back and forth between the WL and POR. This is our first moderate stay since we are DVC members but I think my girls will love the Royal rooms and I am excited to try something different. Since WL pool is down right now and not really sure when it will open the nod goes to POR...especially with the price!

Thanks for any info you can provide. Just hoping I am making the right decision!:santa:

Check out the resort MSP on page 1. Royal Rooms are in Oak Manor & Parterre Place. We booked a Royal a Room for January & my request is for Oak Manor.

Once we stayed at the far end of parterre Pl and we were practically in Pofq. Far from main pool.
So it depends on location and perception. I would say GF villas are pretty close to the lobby if you use the side door of Main Building by Beach Pool. GF is pretty compact.

If you got a location at POR near a foot bridge, you'd be closer to POR lobby. My personal preference is to be near foot bridge to Old Man Island to be close to main pool, and it's just a short walk from pool to food court.

We love the mansion section and this will be our first time in a a Royal Room.

I dislike the chaos at main bus depot, and prefer the bus stop behind Magnolia Terrace. Much quieter.
But in the past, we've always stsyed in either a Magnolia Terrace or Acadian House. Each has a bus stop behind their parking lot. If this trip we get Oak Manor, I'll use bus stop behind Magnolia Terrace.
Again, have a look at resort map to see what you'd prefer.

Same here. Booked GP and waiting on AP, too. I bet AP will be very limited, if the past is any indication.
AP is out! But apparently not on web site yet. I saw the announcement on Mousesavers.com :rolleyes2. It is limited, but I can't tell exact details, I'm a Passholder and my AP is registered on MDE, but for some unknown reason I can't see the Passholder discounts on web site, and spent hours with tec support who is unable to fix it, ugh :rolleyes1

i have requested the mansions garden view because i hate the other side is their a room request bside royal that will gi ve me a better chance of not getting the rustic side? Thank you
I request either Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace close to Old Man Islsnd Bridge.

It's been a long time since we used AP to get rooms at POR. What have they been offering for discounts for January?
I believe the GP room only January discount for POR is 25% and AP rate is 30%

Disney Runner I forgot to add, i orig booked pool view with GP discount, then rebooked a GV Royal Room with AP discount for just a few $ more. There was no Pool view or lesser view available with 2 beds, only King so I upgradded for I think $27 total on cost for 5 days.

The discount was awesome! I originally booked a standard room. Then I called and got a standard view royal room for $500 less with the Visa discount. THEN, I called again when the GP discount came out and for $40 more, I got a royal room with a garden view. So, for $460 less then I was paying for a standard room, I got 2 upgrades!

The discount was awesome! I originally booked a standard room. Then I called and got a standard view royal room for $500 less with the Visa discount. THEN, I called again when the GP discount came out and for $40 more, I got a royal room with a garden view. So, for $460 less then I was paying for a standard room, I got 2 upgrades!

Did you have dining with the GP code? How any days?

How late is Muddy Rivers open? According to the portorleans.org website it's open until 9:30, but I thought I read somewhere that it's open later. Yee Haw Bob is fine, but sometimes I'd like a nice quiet place to relax after the parks, have a drink and talk over the day with our group.
(Also posting this question as an excuse to see my ticker at the 1 day mark! :banana:)

The AP discount was posted on Monday. Then it went awol, but it was back up yesterday. No additional 5% discount for me.:( I'd have to switch resorts to obtain better room rates. POR has just a few more amenities, that are high priority for this trip, than CBR or CSR. It is hard for me to pass up the savings, though. I'm all about saving $ and value.

How late is Muddy Rivers open? According to the portorleans.org website it's open until 9:30, but I thought I read somewhere that it's open later. Yee Haw Bob is fine, but sometimes I'd like a nice quiet place to relax after the parks, have a drink and talk over the day with our group. (Also posting this question as an excuse to see my ticker at the 1 day mark! :banana:)

Not sure how late muddy rivers is ope , but Bob doesn't perform every night so you'll have a relaxing option on other nights :) have a great trip. We leave in 4 days. So excited. I'll be the one in the hammocks with my Minnie ears on.

Not sure how late muddy rivers is ope , but Bob doesn't perform every night so you'll have a relaxing option on other nights :) have a great trip. We leave in 4 days. So excited. I'll be the one in the hammocks with my Minnie ears on.

That's true - thanks! And I'll be the guy with an old Port Orleans baseball cap, backpack, a camera & tripod and a grin from ear to ear!
I'm SO exited!!!! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter