Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I don't want to go somewhere in winter that has brown, bare trees. Too similar to home...

There are a lot of deciduous trees around the resorts, so don't worry about it being completely leaf-less in February. However some trees do shed their leaves of course - that's just mother nature for you, and even The Mouse can't control that!

However I really don't see how anyone could object to a view like this (February last year):

POR-MB-2013-0187_forum.jpg

Andre

We will be there in less than 2 weeks.. cannot wait :)

We have two rooms and just booked standard. I will fax my request in ..

couple of questions

1) we check in on Thursday... should I fax the Friday before or wait until Monday?

2) I will request connecting rooms but would also like to be as close to the main pool and FC as possible.. I looked on the site to see about upgrading to preferred but the resort shows as sold out... should I call to see if I can upgrade now?

thanks everyone.. this thread has been so helpful

1) we check in on Thursday... should I fax the Friday before or wait until Monday?

2) I will request connecting rooms but would also like to be as close to the main pool and FC as possible.. I looked on the site to see about upgrading to preferred but the resort shows as sold out... should I call to see if I can upgrade now?

I'd suggest sending your fax on Saturday morning. Request buildings 16 or 17, but also say that you'd love to be closer to the food court & main pool if possible in case they can do anything for you.

Andre

I'd suggest sending your fax on Saturday morning. Request buildings 16 or 17, but also say that you'd love to be closer to the food court & main pool if possible in case they can do anything for you.

Andre

Thank you so much Andre.. you are so very helpful and it is so appreciated

New to this thread. Just booked a BB for POR next sept. Haven't stayed there since 92! I can't wait to relax there again.

Just returned from week at disney - stayed at CBR for something new, next time we're thinking POFQ! Can anyone tell me was FQ included in fall discount this year? I missed the chance to check yesterday...

Just returned from week at disney - stayed at CBR for something new, next time we're thinking POFQ! Can anyone tell me was FQ included in fall discount this year? I missed the chance to check yesterday...

Hi! I've only stayed at POR once, and didn't really get a chance to explore - my parents are going down in two weeks with a standard view room (we had a garden or river last visit). They want to be as close to the main building and main bus stop as possible but I can't really figure out from the map where exactly that is so I can make their room requests. In everyone's experience are the standard view rooms in AB or Magnolia closer? Thanks so much, they will appreciate any help! :flower3:

In 21 more days we'll be home again at POR!
I'll be wearing my faded and beat up six year-old Port Orleans baseball cap. I'd really love to get a new one - anyone see any resort merch at Fulton's lately? Didn't see any on our last trip back in 2011.
And a big thank you to andrewilley, Venomhatch and everyone else for contributing to this thread! It's been so very helpful to me! :thumbsup2

In 21 more days we'll be home again at POR! I'll be wearing my faded and beat up six year-old Port Orleans baseball cap. I'd really love to get a new one - anyone see any resort merch at Fulton's lately? Didn't see any on our last trip back in 2011. And a big thank you to andrewilley, Venomhatch and everyone else for contributing to this thread! It's been so very helpful to me! :thumbsup2
Last I saw in February, they only had a pin.

Sadly, we checked out this morning. We really didn't want to leave! We truly had a lovely stay. More details to follow about what we did, what we enjoyed most and what we didn't like (it's a very short list!)

Once again, I would like to give a shoutout to POR mousekeeping. Our room was immaculate and fresh throughout our stay.

Kudos to the concierge desk for straightening out our dining plan issues after Hollywood & Vine charged us twice for one meal.

My mouth is still watering thinking about the voodoo chicken from Boatwrights!

Funny story, my 4 year old thought our mousekeeper was really a mouse. He would run in every night and excitedly proclaim, "The mouse left us more soap!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter