• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked in yesterday. We are in AB and love the resort.
We had dinner after checking in at the food court and a quick note, my wife and I split one pasta meal and it was plenty for both of us:thumbsup2.
So basically it was a dinner for two and it was something like $11.99 not including drinks. What a bargain, and it was tasty.

Time to get up and head to MK. Woo hoo.

Checked in yesterday. We are in AB and love the resort. We had dinner after checking in at the food court and a quick note, my wife and I split one pasta meal and it was plenty for both of us:thumbsup2. So basically it was a dinner for two and it was something like $11.99 not including drinks. What a bargain, and it was tasty. Time to get up and head to MK. Woo hoo.

The size of that pasta is crazy! I was alone, so I couldn't split it. I ate a full meal and put over half of it in my fridge for later!

My husband and I both thought the pasta tasted like cardboard, just very unnatural. We took one bite and threw it out.

We are here now (YAY!) and its our no park day so I have had time to wander. The courtyard in our building, Magnolia Terrace (we are on other side by pool) is having a complete revamp of the landscape. They used loaders to take out all the foliage. I saw a golf cart full of new plantings heading that way this morning. I will have to venture over there later and see the progress.

Got back from my latest trip about a week ago. I do love the resort, it was my first time in AB. I will say that I got lost a few times in the Bayou! Getting to our room even within the building was confusing! :lmao:

Really mostly my fault for not paying attention.

Is there a premium or higher cost to stay in one of the Alligator Bayou rooms with the Extra Murphy bed?

Apologies in advance if this has already been answered. I'm new to the boards and just learning my way around.

We will be staying for 7 nights at POR in two rooms. Our reservation was made through a travel agent (my dad is planning the trip), and she reserved us preferred rooms due to my mom's difficulty walking. We also requested connecting rooms. Is it true that the preferred rooms are a guarantee, but the connecting rooms is a "we'll do the best we can"?

Thanks in advance for any insight you might have. My dad is overwhelmed (hence the travel agent) and any questions I can get answered for him give us all relief!

Heatherly

We are going to POR July 2015. We haven't booked yet, but we will be using AAA. Last time I was at Disney World was 1992. Much has changed since then. So it will be like going for the first time. My kids don't know they are going. They won't find out until we get to the airport.

My last trip to WDW was in '92 as well. AK didn't exist yet and DHS was MGM. I can't wait!:tigger:

Does anyone know when the September activities schedule will be available for POR? We're trying to decide which night we should plan our date night, and it's all coming down to which outdoor movie my DS and DD would want to see with my folks! {I love that this is my biggest issue right now!}:cool1:

Apologies in advance if this has already been answered. I'm new to the boards and just learning my way around.

We will be staying for 7 nights at POR in two rooms. Our reservation was made through a travel agent (my dad is planning the trip), and she reserved us preferred rooms due to my mom's difficulty walking. We also requested connecting rooms. Is it true that the preferred rooms are a guarantee, but the connecting rooms is a "we'll do the best we can"?

Thanks in advance for any insight you might have. My dad is overwhelmed (hence the travel agent) and any questions I can get answered for him give us all relief!

Heatherly

Yes, the preferred is what you booked, so that is what you will get. Connecting is not a guarantee. I will tell you that I've gotten a connecting room (or is it adjoining? I can never remember the actual term) at different resorts when I was not travelling with another party. In fact, just last week I was leaving POR and I'd had a room with a door to the next room.

You're departure time for DME is 3 hours prior to your flight and they usually recommend being there 15-30 minutes prior so you should plan on being ready about 9:30-9:45am. Unfortunately, you'll need to take the DME from the resort you stayed at so you won't be able to take it from the Poly. If you keep your ADR, if it's early enough, you may want to take a taxi back to POR to save time.

Thanks!

Yes, the preferred is what you booked, so that is what you will get. Connecting is not a guarantee. I will tell you that I've gotten a connecting room (or is it adjoining? I can never remember the actual term) at different resorts when I was not travelling with another party. In fact, just last week I was leaving POR and I'd had a room with a door to the next room.
If you want a room with an interior door connecting the two rooms you request connecting rooms. Adjoining rooms are next to each other but don't have a connecting door.

Only 28 days til my first stay at POR! Looking forward to a change-up from the usual CSR stay :)

Does anyone know if they will be adding to the online check in request section, a choice for AB or Mansions? We were able to choose which section of the resort when we stayed at POP but there isn't that option for POR. Curious if that might change soon?

Follow up from room request! Got major pixie dust upgrade to Royal room pool view. Only paid for a standard room with annual pass discount. I requested an upgrade in my fax:) boys will flip out!!

Follow up from room request! Got major pixie dust upgrade to Royal room pool view. Only paid for a standard room with annual pass discount. I requested an upgrade in my fax:) boys will flip out!!

Wonderful news, Glad to see you were taken care of. See what happens if the Magic Mouse sees the posts here and faxes!

Question, I have a Guest Services CM that has put in a request to have a room ready for our early arrival and the CM has told me he will also call the resort the night before to see if they could have a room ready. Do you guys think I should also fax our requests over when our trip gets closer or just leave it to GS? We have a garden view Royal room booked Oct 25-Nov 2 and have also requested a 2nd or 3rd floor room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter