Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish that the WDW site would have gone into more detail about parties of 5 having no other option than Alligator Bayou. The pictures of the "garden view" room that we thought we were getting when we made the reservation were quite nice. Later, as I was reading about the resort in more detail, I saw that we would be staying in AB. It was very disappointing. The rustic decor is not appealing whatsoever. To me, it looks cheap and uninviting. I knew we weren't getting a royal room but what we're getting doesn't look a thing like what was featured on the website.

We've decided to stick it out and make the best of it but I wish there had been more information and pictures available on the website. (I wish I had known that I needed to do more research beforehand!) We are hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Is AB nicer than it looks?

Does anyone have info on where the bus stop is at
Magic Kingdom
Epcot
DHS

to return to POR?

Looks like we are switching from CSR to POR-R!!! OMG! I haven't stayed there in 20 years. We will REALLY miss the door in the bathroom at CSR but we will have new things to explore at POR

OMG while I am on the phone with disney, literally as I type, they are saying that there are only 3 rooms left...AND I NEED 3 rooms OMG!!!

edited to add: I GOT THE 3 rooms!!! Its official we are now going to POR!

Does anyone have info on where the bus stop is at Magic Kingdom Epcot DHS to return to POR? Looks like we are switching from CSR to POR-R!!! OMG! I haven't stayed there in 20 years. We will REALLY miss the door in the bathroom at CSR but we will have new things to explore at POR OMG while I am on the phone with disney, literally as I type, they are saying that there are only 3 rooms left...AND I NEED 3 rooms OMG!!! edited to add: I GOT THE 3 rooms!!! Its official we are now going to POR!

There are signs to direct you to the proper stop. Really isn't any missing them.

I really wish that the WDW site would have gone into more detail about parties of 5 having no other option than Alligator Bayou. The pictures of the "garden view" room that we thought we were getting when we made the reservation were quite nice. Later, as I was reading about the resort in more detail, I saw that we would be staying in AB. It was very disappointing. The rustic decor is not appealing whatsoever. To me, it looks cheap and uninviting. I knew we weren't getting a royal room but what we're getting doesn't look a thing like what was featured on the website. We've decided to stick it out and make the best of it but I wish there had been more information and pictures available on the website. (I wish I had known that I needed to do more research beforehand!) We are hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Is AB nicer than it looks?

DH & I love AB in fact I pay for a preferred room so that we are guaranteed a room in that section. We tried the mansions in May & the rooms are just not our cup of tea!

Hi, we'll be staying in a Royal Room in mid-Sept. About how much time should we allow for bus travel time to the parks? About an hour? Or is that too much? I'm not too familiar with where POR is in location to the parks.

Also, what would be a good room to request for closeness to the food court and/or bus stop? I'm going to also try and request a 1st floor room.

Hoping to get some first hand advice from some seasoned POR guests! We are very excited about our upcoming trip!

Thank you!

Hi, we'll be staying in a Royal Room in mid-Sept. About how much time should we allow for bus travel time to the parks? About an hour? Or is that too much? I'm not too familiar with where POR is in location to the parks.

An hour is good if you have to be someplace at a certain time. But it most likely will not take that long. This is from page #1 of this thread.

Epcot is the closest resort (usually less than 10 minutes from leaving the resort), then Studios, Magic Kingdom and finally Animal Kingdom (sharing its service with Blizzard Beach) which can take up to 20-25 minutes.

Also, what would be a good room to request for closeness to the food court and/or bus stop? I'm going to also try and request a 1st floor room.

You best bet would be to request 1st floor and close to food court.

Since you are new to POR I would suggest reading the first page and also checking out http://portorleans.org/

Is AB nicer than it looks?

My boys and I stayed in the mansions in Feb. 2013 and liked the room and the surroundings. For our Feb. 2014 trip in which my DH joined us, we decided to try something new and requested an AB room. We liked it even more than the mansions. We really enjoyed the lush landscaping and the smaller buildings. My younger DS was happy to sleep on the murphy bed and my older son was happy to have the queen bed to himself. My DH said that he liked POR even better than the Poly.

Arrived this morning at POR. I love it so much more than CSR. Checked in at 9:30 and received all of our requests. Rooms were ready and we got connecting which was a plus. We are in Acadian section with a river view. We will be returning to this resort for sure.

Arrived this morning at POR. I love it so much more than CSR. Checked in at 9:30 and received all of our requests. Rooms were ready and we got connecting which was a plus. We are in Acadian section with a river view. We will be returning to this resort for sure.

Glad to hear they were able to help make your trip Magical! Hope you have a wonderful visit!

10am to 11pm, last return boat is usually 11:30pm but best to check. Buses run til 2am if you miss the last boat.

Andre

As a follow up to this, are the boats to DTD on any schedule and is it published somewhere? We're actually staying at POFQ and plan to take the boat to WPE in DTD and then boat back to catch Yehaa Bob. I'm just trying to figure out from a timing standpoint when we need to be at the dock at DTD to get back to POR. How long is the boat trip? Do the boats frequently fill up and require you to wait for another? I presume the same boat is used from POFQ and POR. Which is the first stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter