Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I arrived here on a Friday.
I sent my fax the Monday before my arrival and all requests were made!!!
One small issue, the bus lines for this resort are some of the lllllloooooonnnnngggggeeeeassssttttt.

I convinced my husband to stay at POR for marathon weekend! Wooohhhooo! We are doing the Dopey Challenge so it will be great to have access to a hot tub. Can't wait!:yay::yay:

Wife is trying to get me to change our Ressie back to POR from BC. Is she going to win??? I hope not I really want BC.

I arrived here on a Friday.
I sent my fax the Monday before my arrival and all requests were made!!!
One small issue, the bus lines for this resort are some of the lllllloooooonnnnngggggeeeeassssttttt.

We just got back and noticed the same thing.

Wife is trying to get me to change our Ressie back to POR from BC. Is she going to win??? I hope not I really want BC.
I'd change back to POR ... Our most miserable experience ever was at BC last October. If they had been able to move us to POR we would have gone in a heartbeat but it was F&W & everywhere was packed!! Be sure you check your BC room out before you accept it. Ours was horrible!!

Edit: Venomhatch didn't realize I was replying back to you til just now but truthfully BC was not up to par last year. So many issues. Guess I'm just spoiled by POR!!

I'd change back to POR ... Our most miserable experience ever was at BC last October. If they had been able to move us to POR we would have gone in a heartbeat but it was F&W & everywhere was packed!! Be sure you check your BC room out before you accept it. Ours was horrible!!

Edit: Venomhatch didn't realize I was replying back to you til just now but truthfully BC was not up to par last year. So many issues. Guess I'm just spoiled by POR!!

Yeah well the wife is winning anyways. Don't all women in the long run? So I may be changing my ticker back soon.

I finally booked our trip for January 2015. So excited. This trip is for myself and my cousin. We are leaving our husbands and grown kids behind and will have so much fun. After much thought and asking around, we decided to switch from a Royal Room and book a preferred room. We decided we wanted to be a close to the main building as possible so we could save our walking for the parks. Now, if January would just get here. Can't wait. ::MinnieMo

Karen

I faxed my request last night. I have never asked for an upgrade but I did this time. I will be thrilled regardless, but I asked for mansions, building 82 and I requested an upgrade to a RR. My boys don't know we're extending our reservation yet. I didn't book a RR because they are so nosy and I was afraid that if they saw the reservation on my MDE ap, they'd see the RR booked. If we don't get it, it's not a big deal but I figured I would ask anyway! 2 days til Disney and 7 days until POR!

How many days out is ideal to fax in a room request? I'm currently 8 days out.

Is there any way to check that my fax was received?

The standard is 5-7 days to send out a fax. We're currently 6 days away and I just sent my fax this morning.

Is there a standard fax template to use or what information is typically on the fax?

We are staying in Dec and this time I tried out Orbitz because of the substantial savings so I'm not sure how I would do the fax to Port Orleans.. would they know my reservation by the reservation names?

Well... Changed plans again (thank you airline for delaying our flight! /s) and decided to start the vacation with our first (and only) night... at POR on November 21!

We just sent off our fax today. Thanks for the template Venomhatch.
So excited to be in Disney. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Tonight, we are working on our homemade T-shirts with the family we are traveling with. Woo Hoo.:banana:

I sent our fax this morning. We arrive Sunday morning. It be the first time for three out of the five of us. My husband and step daughter have been at POR a couple of times many years ago. We all are very excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter