• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've posted since getting back from POR. We were there May 14-18.

Loved it!! Love, love, loved it!!

We had a Royal Room with a Garden View. It was gorgeous. We were barely in the room though, so next time if we don't get a good deal on the RR, we would just go for a standard room.

We didn't have any problems with bus transportation. We waited 3-10 minutes each morning for a bus. On the way back to POR at night, the buses were very full and we did have to stand one night coming back from Magic Kingdom. It was only a 10 minute ride though so it wasn't too bad.

The food court was good. We always found a seat during breakfast. One suggestion would to be have more cashiers open at night. The food court closed at midnight and we got back to the resort around 11:30 each night and wanted a snack. There were only 2 registers open and the lines were long.

The resort is beautiful, I wish we had more time to explore.

My one huge complaint is the WiFi. The signal in our room was awful. I used my own 4G data the whole time. I couldn't use my iPad in our room at all because it needed a WiFi signal to work. The WiFi out in the parks was pretty good.

That's what I thought. I just checked into a Royal Room in Parterre and the beds look small...smaller than a queen. I'm sharing a bed with my 8 yr old and it looks small to maybe just right for the 2 of us. Don't know how 2 adults would fit on it.

Hubby and I shared a bed in the Royal Room. We fit just fine. :)

Hubby and I shared a bed in the Royal Room. We fit just fine. :)

Great to hear you had a really magical trip minus the registers...

Yeah to the other poster: All the rooms with two beds in them are queens, I promise. The only differences are the AB rooms have a Murphy bed for a fifth person or the few King bed rooms they have a POR are the only other exception.

Do any of the preferred rooms face a parking lot? TIA

We are in building 15 right now facing a parking lot. Unloading the truck was so easy. Very close to the south bus stop. Buses have been great we haven't waited more than 10 minutes. The resort is so beautiful. I was worried that the rooms in AB would be a tight squeeze for us but it's been great.

I arrived yesterday. I requested building 16 but it wasn't ready at check in yesterday. They asked why I requested that building I said it was to be close to the main hall. They put me in building 18 with a Poolview on the first floor corner room :-)

I arrived yesterday. I requested building 16 but it wasn't ready at check in yesterday. They asked why I requested that building I said it was to be close to the main hall. They put me in building 18 with a Poolview on the first floor corner room :-)

Sounds perfect! I'm assuming you booked preferred? All that was available for my dates was garden view, but I just want to be close to a bus stop more than anything else. :-) however, first floor corner pool view room would be ideal! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Does anyone have a link to FL law re: taxis and car seats then?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sorry I don't. But I wanted to mention the safe rider vest as a car seat alternative. It is easy to use and nice and small for travel. There are lower and upper weight limits, my daughter was big enough shortly before she turned three. We bought ours for a non-Disney trip, but it has also gotten use as a second car seat in carpooling situations so it's been worth the money to us.

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. I tried to read a good chunk of the thread before posting, but I didn't make it all the way through.

We are planning our trip for this December and will be at POR over Christmas. I saw the activities schedule for last year included a character meet and greet in the morning and Santa in the evening. I'm wondering if the schedule is likely to be the same this year? Any guesses as to the characters?

Thank you!

Sounds perfect! I'm assuming you booked preferred? All that was available for my dates was garden view, but I just want to be close to a bus stop more than anything else. :-) however, first floor corner pool view room would be ideal! Lol Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

No, we had booked preferred at first because it was all that was available with the AP. Discount. When I called to add the dining plan, I downgraded to save some $. Garden view was available and we saved $80 for the 3 nights. We got a free upgrade to preferred pool room. We are in 1828.

Does anyone know if they have taxi's available that can fit 6 people in one? We are planning out our days now and we have an early character breakfast at Animal Kingdom one morning. We want to take a cab that day. I know the buses work great from POR, but we did a cab to AK last time (just DH and I) and it made our morning more relaxing as I wasn't worried about getting to an early bus pickup. It was just nice knowing that there would be a cab ready at whatever time we needed. I was always very lucky at JUST missing the bus to wherever we needed to go last time :)

This time there will be 6 of us though and we don't think it's worth it if we have to take 2 cabs.

Thanks for any input!

Hello! We have 36 days until we arrive at POR for our very 1st trip to Disney World!!!! We can't wait!!!

My question is this: We booked a land and sea package, everything is paid for and ready to go. My girls and I decided yesterday that we wanted to upgrade from a standard room to a Royal room. My travel agent got right on it this morning and called Disney and was told they have no RR available. Even though I can go online and see there are rooms open for when we will be there.

Long story short, since we booked a land & sea package through the cruise line they are only allowed to book standard rooms. My travel agent is trying to work every angle she can to get us a RR. What I don't understand is if we want to UPGRADE and pay MORE money, why can't we just get the room we want if they are still available?

Sorry to rant. I'm just wondering if my travel agent can't get them to upgrade our room is, there any thing else we can try? I would love any suggestions. We can't wait for our trip!!!pixiedust:

Hi, when are you guys arriving, we will be there July 5-13, sounds about the same time, I have 2 daughters as well

Hi, when are you guys arriving, we will be there July 5-13, sounds about the same time, I have 2 daughters as well

Hello! We will be there July 3-6. It's a short trip but we get on the Disney Dream Cruise Ship on the 6th. Maybe we'll see you before we leave. How old are your girls? Mine are 11 & 14.

Hello! We will be there July 3-6. It's a short trip but we get on the Disney Dream Cruise Ship on the 6th. Maybe we'll see you before we leave. How old are your girls? Mine are 11 & 14.

Emily is the same age as your 14 year old, she just turned 15, Katie is in college

We get in probably around 6pm on the 5th, we are driving from NC, then running to Epcot for a little while or HS, not sure which. So we will be passing in the night so to speak, if we don't see each other, hope you guys have a wonderful time.

Emily is the same age as your 14 year old, she just turned 15, Katie is in college We get in probably around 6pm on the 5th, we are driving from NC, then running to Epcot for a little while or HS, not sure which. So we will be passing in the night so to speak, if we don't see each other, hope you guys have a wonderful time.

Thank you!!! Hope you have a wonderful time as well. We'll be at AK on the 5th and then back in the evening to swim, relax, and get organized for the cruise the next day. We are getting very excited!

Ten days til we're at Riverside! One question, we get there late afternoon and want to get our Memory Maker card. Is there anywhere at POR to pick up the card?

Ten days til we're at Riverside! One question, we get there late afternoon and want to get our Memory Maker card. Is there anywhere at POR to pick up the card?
You don't need a card. Memory Maker is linked to your MagicBands.

Staying this weekend in a princess room for the first time! Excited to see what they look like since I've seen the regular rooms at POFQ and POR!

Does anyone know if they have taxi's available that can fit 6 people in one? We are planning out our days now and we have an early character breakfast at Animal Kingdom one morning. We want to take a cab that day. I know the buses work great from POR, but we did a cab to AK last time (just DH and I) and it made our morning more relaxing as I wasn't worried about getting to an early bus pickup. It was just nice knowing that there would be a cab ready at whatever time we needed. I was always very lucky at JUST missing the bus to wherever we needed to go last time :)

This time there will be 6 of us though and we don't think it's worth it if we have to take 2 cabs.

Thanks for any input!

We were there in March, and there were 2 families of 4. There are vans that are only supposed to accommodate 7, but 2 of our youngins were small, so they took all 8 of us. It really was very economical to use the taxi's. The taxi stand at the front of the lobby can get you a van! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter