Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much Andre for your fantastic site! It gave me so much information planning ahead. And also Venomhatch, for your terrific answers and positive attitude here! I have followed this thread for over a year, and really appreciate all the help! :)

No problem that's what we are all here for to share our wealth of knowledge for future guests!

Paid in Full:) I was on hold for 1 hr 10 minutes and was on the phone for about 35 extra minutes, but it's done:) We have an AP discount and I needed to add dining, so I had to cancel and rebook to make it a package with dining. I was also able to downgrade from a preferred location to a garden view, saving us a little chunk of change. I requested building 16, but I am wondering if I want to be in a mansion? We need a room for 5 so I need to see what I want to request. 16 days to go!

Is there free Wifi at the resort or in the parks? Thanks! 5 more days until we arrive at POR!!!!

There is, but don't try to do anything other than browse the web and check email. Not strong enough to maintain streaming a episode of some tv show you'll be missing or upload huge photos and videos.

I even had two times while at POR it said the access point already had the maximum amount of logged in devices. So it can be at times trying. I used my hotspot and I saw others using theirs. I think in a time where we are all so dependent on our devices they may already be looking to upgrade the access points with newer more stable tech soon.

Andre has done streaming video from his room but he must have been at an access point.

Thank you. I think the best bet is to rely on my iPhone... I thought using WiFi might help keep the battery from wearing down. I think I'll buy and bring one of those portable quick charger devices.

Yes to both, has been for a couple of years now.

Andre

There is, but don't try to do anything other than browse the web and check email. Not strong enough to maintain streaming a episode of some tv show you'll be missing or upload huge photos and videos.

I even had two times while at POR it said the access point already had the maximum amount of logged in devices. So it can be at times trying. I used my hotspot and I saw others using theirs. I think in a time where we are all so dependent on our devices they may already be looking to upgrade the access points with newer more stable tech soon.

Andre has done streaming video from his room but he must have been at an access point.

Thank you. I think the best bet is to rely on my iPhone... I thought using WiFi might help keep the battery from wearing down. I think I'll buy and bring one of those portable quick charger devices.

Yeah I use ones from a company called NewTrent on Amazon. They are nice! I have two. One is a rugged all weather one, you could drop it in the pool and pull it back out and it would be fine. But there are others that are very nice with them also. They don't seem to lose their ability to keep charging phones and iPads like other ones do over time.

We have another question!

We took the boat from Downtown Disney last night, and were curious about the "tree houses" we saw along the route. I gather they are part of DVC.....which one?

We have another question!

We took the boat from Downtown Disney last night, and were curious about the "tree houses" we saw along the route. I gather they are part of DVC.....which one?

They are part of Saratoga Springs, yes DVC.

We have another question! We took the boat from Downtown Disney last night, and were curious about the "tree houses" we saw along the route. I gather they are part of DVC.....which one?
Hi I just joined this thread! They are part of Saratoga Springs and Spa Resort. That's our home resort. We haven't stayed at the Treehouses because there are only two of us but they look nice! We use dvc points but sometimes when we run out of points we book rack rate and POR is one of our favs :-)

I believe that to be an isolated time. I have never seen or been in a situation where it would take that long. I mean a bus ride an hour and half long. I could have drove to Winter park or almost to Jacksonville in that time. So there must have been something else going on. And buses come every 20 mins or less to the parks so I don't really know what that deal could have been.

I waited at the South Depot for 8 minutes for an EPCOT bus. :)

quietly lurking and praying for some much needed pixie dust so we can go in NOV or DEC this year. :rolleyes1 Just really need the FD pin so that the 5 of us can stay there. Otherwise it's just too darn expensive. Hoping & wishing ;) Can't blame me, right?!?! We went in DEC of 2012 and love, love, loved it at POR!!!!

quietly lurking and praying for some much needed pixie dust so we can go in NOV or DEC this year. :rolleyes1 Just really need the FD pin so that the 5 of us can stay there. Otherwise it's just too darn expensive. Hoping & wishing ;) Can't blame me, right?!?! We went in DEC of 2012 and love, love, loved it at POR!!!!

Have you called yet to see if you have it? I didnt get an email, mailing, anything and I decided to call, we were in the same situation as you, and sure enough I had it!! We are booked 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years! It wont hurt to call and ask about it.

Have you called yet to see if you have it? I didnt get an email, mailing, anything and I decided to call, we were in the same situation as you, and sure enough I had it!! We are booked 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years! It wont hurt to call and ask about it.

yes almost daily. time to back off so I don't get the Mouse PO'd! LOL, no pin or unique offer. happy you rec'd one though. Hope that we're as lucky as you!!

Paid in Full:) I was on hold for 1 hr 10 minutes and was on the phone for about 35 extra minutes, but it's done:) We have an AP discount and I needed to add dining, so I had to cancel and rebook to make it a package with dining. I was also able to downgrade from a preferred location to a garden view, saving us a little chunk of change. I requested building 16, but I am wondering if I want to be in a mansion? We need a room for 5 so I need to see what I want to request. 16 days to go!

If you have 5 people over the age of 2, you will be in an Alligator Bayou room.

Ok I have another Boatwrights question....

Do they still have the braised short ribs on grits?

CareHeartsDisney said:
Try calling Tech support at (407) 939-7765. I bookmarked it from a previous thread. It was posted in the beginning of Magic Band testing.

Thank you for posting this number! I was able to get through!

I read wifi is spotty at POR. Do you bring your laptop with you or is having a smartphone enough? I don't want to lug the laptop and then not be able to watch netflix on it at night or use it for trip planning.

I read wifi is spotty at POR. Do you bring your laptop with you or is having a smartphone enough? I don't want to lug the laptop and then not be able to watch netflix on it at night or use it for trip planning.

I bring my laptop for more than one reason.

1. To store photos on and instead of them taking up room on cameras and phones.

2. It does still does ok for browsing on the net, but not for Netflix unless you have a hotspot device. Now I believe if you can get on either late or early evening and you can get a connection you'll be ok but I was streaming, or trying to, Grey's Anatomy and Once Upon a Time and it was not HD at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter