Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have paid for a Royal Room Pool View. And asked for a corner room to accommodate my electric scooter. As I understand it, because it is a request due to mobility issues that this would bump the request up the "allocation food chain" ;). Does anyone know if that is the case?
And secondly. .. I have been advised to have the Disney gift cards I am buying shipped to the resort (since they don't ship to Canada) anyone know how far in advance I can send them to be held for me?
I am SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS TRIP that I am driving my poor daughter insane.

First, there is really no medical advantage whatsoever in getting a corner room in terms of space for a scooter, as there is exactly the same amount of space and the same layout as the other rooms. The only difference is that there is an extra window on what would otherwise have been a wall. So I doubt your request would be treated as a medical one.

There are a few regular rooms with a bit of extra space though, where the indented section by the doorway has been bumped out. This is done for all the Wheelchair Accessible rooms, but also for any rooms which happen to share a common wall with one of those. They will have the same feature, as it wouldn't have been possible to move one wall without moving the one in the adjacent room too.

Shipping can be done pretty much any time, as they do have a longer-term storage room which is next door to the main mail room. However you obviously won't want to leave things lying around too long, so I'd suggest aiming to get your items there within around a week or so of your arrival date if you can.

Andre

Thanks for your help. That being said I will change my request. I hate to tie up an accessible room, but the extra space for the scooter is a big help. Now I have a better idea of what to expect/ ask for.

Almost there! 10 more days:) I forget- do I fax the room request first then do online check in? Or skip online check in and simply fax at 5 days out?

Received the invite to online check in this morning.
Yippee!!

kellzkidz said:
Almost there! 10 more days:) I forget- do I fax the room request first then do online check in? Or skip online check in and simply fax at 5 days out?

Received the invite to online check in this morning.
Yippee!!

It's up to you. It doesn't matter either way.

Online Check-in FIRST (up to 60 days in fact) and then fax 3-5 days out is the general suggestion.

Andre

Can anyone please tell me how many hangers there are in each room?

Not many but if you ask at front desk you can have as many as you need brought up we usually have plenty in all of the individual Mouse-keeping Maintenance rooms.

This place was beautiful! Stayed there last Sept and every time I see this thread I want to go back! If I could attach pics from my phone I so would

How was the trip? Any pics? I have 4 days to go before we drive down to Florida. Also 4 work days. :( Planning on faxing my requests tomorrow. :)

I am working on uploading a set to somewhere. Beware pollen has been high lately so bring claritin or who ever allergy meds you use if you suffer from allergies. But it has been nice here lately.

Hope you had a great vacation. Can't wait to hear about it. Any changes in recommendations or new tips? We leave in 26 days!!!

Well nothing negative to report. Except that if you request a certain room or area and request extra cleaning be prepared for it to be not an early morning check in. Mostly because previous tenants have til 11am to check out of the room. Then it requires a few sweeps of the room from Management and then floors to get shampoo vacuumed. So it can take a while to dry and process. All of the water craft are in fact gone, except POR CM operated boats and water taxis. Saw a 2.5foot Alligator on the pond edge in the area in the red circle on the map (Borrowed from PortOrleans.org).

Capture_zps2f6e64e8.png

The 1st parking lot is coming along very slowly in DTD. The watertaxis do not dock by Rain Forest they dock over by Characters In Flight Balloon Dock. There will be a new restaurant soon that will come and pick you up in a aqua car (ask me if you don't know what this is) and chauffeur you to a new restaurant by Fulton's Crab House and drive you right into the river from special boat docks and then surface at a special dock right at the restaurant.

For those who drive:
There is a lot of construction on I-4 Between 95 and Downtown Orlando Area so be careful.

That's all I can think of for now...

Venomhatch said:
Well nothing negative to report. Except that if you request a certain room or area and request extra cleaning be prepared for it to be not an early morning check in. Mostly because previous tenants have til 11am to check out of the room. Then it requires a few sweeps of the room from Management and then floors to get shampoo vacuumed. So it can take a while to dry and process. All of the water craft are in fact gone, except POR CM operated boats and water taxis. Saw a 2.5foot Alligator on the pond edge in the area in the red circle on the map (Borrowed from PortOrleans.org).

That's all I can think of for now...

Thanks Venomhatch, do hope that this kind alligator will stay here until august for us to say hello ! It would make our day such a meeting! xxx

Thanks Venomhatch, do hope that this kind alligator will stay here until august for us to say hello ! It would make our day such a meeting! xxx

Now just because he is smiling doesn't mean he is friendly, lol. Remember that!

I did notify through the right channels so if they found him he was most likely removed and relocated.

There will be a new restaurant soon that will come and pick you up in a aqua car (ask me if you don't know what this is) and chauffeur you to a new restaurant by Fulton's Crab House and drive you right into the river from special boat docks and then surface at a special dock right at the restaurant.

OK I'll bite, what is an aqua car and does it go underwater?

Ok, last August I know I tried to get some extra pixie dust to be upgraded to a Royal Room but everyone here told me I wouldn't because I had more than 4 people sleeping in my room. I know i should have listened and I wasn't upset but a girl can dream. We had all of our other request met even though I know I shouldn't expect any and I was so grateful. Well, this time it's only 4 of us and we already have a royal room booked :love: thing is we got a standard view. I will be sending my fax request in today and stated how we loved the garden and river views last time but I was sad to have a parking lot view. Do you think a possible upgrade of or view could happen?

Hi! On the "what to pack" threads, people keep mentioning to bring plug strips. So I'm wondering how many different outlets there are in the POR rooms. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter