Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this thread and it just clarifies my reasons for wanting to stay at por.
So i have a kind of strange question....frogs.
I have a huge phobia of frogs and i saw a comment from somebody saying por had alot of tree frogs. Needless to say i am worried i will be seeing alot of them on our trip.
Im crazy i know lol

Sorry, left out the word SNAKES when I mentioned in the river!

We have had 3 or 4 stays at POR ( mansion section) and never saw any frogs or snakes. Not saying they aren't there, but they prob want to avoid us as much as we want to avoid them.

We have had 3 or 4 stays at POR ( mansion section) and never saw any frogs or snakes. Not saying they aren't there, but they prob want to avoid us as much as we want to avoid them.

Aww well that's a bummer. I told my kids about them and they were excited to see them. :lmao:

This would not be enough time for us. For my plans, any day that I have 2 ADR's scheduled, I make them for breakfast and dinner. This gives me plenty of flexibility during the day. Are you able to push TE a hour later? That's what I would do, but my family needs a MINIMUM of 30 minutes before and after sleep to be human again.
I could only get Teppan Edo for 5 or 8, which is pretty late for us. Hopefully as the date gets closer someone will cancel?!

Lobby courtyard? so indoors in the are between front desk and the bar area?

yeah i was confused about that too but that's the area i thought of as well. It makes sense though, its a large open well lit area

yeah i was confused about that too but that's the area i thought of as well. It makes sense though, its a large open well lit area
Or the courtyard right behind that area close to the bridge and dock. Lol either way I will need to walk to the main building. Thanks for the info. Do you know which characters might be there? Is it just one or several?

This was from our agent, for POR:

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside Resort Category: Moderate Resorts Room Type: Preferred

I think 'preferred' has to do with location, but what does that mean as far as the construction I'm reading about, what do I need to request, etc....

Our trip is June 12-19

First time as a family :)

Thanks!

This was from our agent, for POR:

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside Resort Category: Moderate Resorts Room Type: Preferred

I think 'preferred' has to do with location, but what does that mean as far as the construction I'm reading about, what do I need to request, etc....

Our trip is June 12-19

First time as a family :)

Thanks!

It means you are be in one of these buildings 14,15, 18 & 27 in the AB

Quick question: can any of the fireworks be seen from any vantage point at POR? Can the highest ones be seen anywhere? Our youngest likes to see fireworks but hates to hear them. Thanks.

Quick question: can any of the fireworks be seen from any vantage point at POR? Can the highest ones be seen anywhere? Our youngest likes to see fireworks but hates to hear them. Thanks.

sadly no you cant see them at POR

Have you tried ear muffs made for shooting?

This is my daughter and she's 10! She hates the loudness. They are't as loud at Disney as the ones on the 4th of July at home, but she still doesn't like them. :(:(

We will be staying at POR the first week of May and I'm trying to nail down our plans. When searching, I get some conflicting info on the bus schedule. When do the buses start running in the AM? Some said an hour before park open but others say earlier due to ADR's (we have CRT at 8:05 and MK opens at 9). How often do the buses run in the morning, is it still 10-15 mins regardless of the start time or are they more infrequent in the early hours? Also, what is the order of stops within POR? Are the buses likely to get filled up for RD'ers and finally, how long do I really need to allot to get to the parks - some say if you get the first bus it can take 15+ minutes to stop at all the other depot's and even get out of the resort. Thanks!

I meant to post this here but accidentally posted on the FQ thread instead, but I suppose it's all the same. :)

When you order from the Sassagoula Pizza Express Delivery Service it says an 18% service charge is added to all orders. Is that the gratuity or do you still tip the delivery person?

Also, how big are their pizzas? It says large, so I'm guessing the standard 14" pizza you'd get from Pizza Hut?

We will be staying at POR the first week of May and I'm trying to nail down our plans. When searching, I get some conflicting info on the bus schedule. When do the buses start running in the AM? Some said an hour before park open but others say earlier due to ADR's (we have CRT at 8:05 and MK opens at 9). How often do the buses run in the morning, is it still 10-15 mins regardless of the start time or are they more infrequent in the early hours? Also, what is the order of stops within POR? Are the buses likely to get filled up for RD'ers and finally, how long do I really need to allot to get to the parks - some say if you get the first bus it can take 15+ minutes to stop at all the other depot's and even get out of the resort. Thanks!

CMs on site have always told me buses run an hour before park opening till about an hour after park closing. They also say to allocate at least 45 minutes of travel time between any where on property.

As for the order that they run, it's my understanding that most go South, West, North, East. Buses going to MK goes West, North, East, South.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Thankyou for the replies. Im fine with animated pictures of frogs lol.
I dont mind tiny frogs just scared of big ones that could jump on me and eat me, this phobia is very irrational i know.
I actually have two bearded dragons so i love lizards and i dont mind snakes. Just frogs haha.

Maybe i will get alot of exercise running away from any frogs i see.
So if you see some mad woman at por running and screaming irrationally about frogs you know who it is haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter