• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made my ADR's yesterday and got everything we wanted, including 'Ohana dinner for 11! :cool1: We're keeping this trip a surprise, so when DD woke up at 6:00 and saw me on the computer, I had to tell her I was paying bills! Hopefully there will be free dining again this year and POR will be included so I can get it added to our package. Either way, we'll be headed back in 179 days!!!! Not only is the trip a surprise, but once DD figures out where we're going, we still won't tell her we'll be spending time with my BFF and her family, my MIL, and close friends who now live in NJ!

I'm mainly just confused bc most things I see say that it takes no more than 30 minutes to bus anywhere (for the most part), but then Disney says to allow 1.5 hours travel time??

I've only heard to allow 1.5 hours travel time with regards to traveling from one resort to another since there isn't direct resort to resort transportation; you usually have to travel from the first resort to a park or DTD, then from there to the second resort. This allows plenty of time for not only the travel times, but the wait times.

Could you do me a favour and try again on the finished site using your iPhone, as I'm getting some comments from iPhone/iPad users saying that the menus are not working for them.

If it does work, could you let me know the phone type, and the browser and IOS versions that you use? Thanks.

As a temporary solution for now, IOS users should still be able to get to the whole site via the sitemap at www.portorleans.org/sitemap.php.

Andre

On IPad, top tabs not working. iPad 3. iOS 7.1 Safari.

Just checked in! I think we were upgraded :)

We booked standard and we are in building 16. Room 1644. It's a corner view and so close to the pool! Also, they gave my three year old balloons and a call from Mickey was on the voicemail! The room is so nice! I am so happy. It's storming, but who cares! :)

We booked standard and we are in building 16. Room 1644. It's a corner view and so close to the pool! Also, they gave my three year old balloons and a call from Mickey was on the voicemail! The room is so nice! I am so happy. It's storming, but who cares! :)

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Have a great time!

Aww that's very sweet! I'm sure your 3 yr old loved it! Have a great trip :)

We booked standard and we are in building 16. Room 1644.

Yup, you've got a Pool View room there, and it's a really nice location with easy access for the pool, main buildings, and South Bus Stop via the parking lot (once the rain stops!).

Hope you have a great stay, sounds like apart from the weather you're off to a really good start.

Andre

So excited for you! Enjoy your vacation!!! - This time next week we will be checking in as well :lovestruc

We just returned Monday from POR! We were in building 17. Great location!
Pool next to our building and easy walking distance to main buildings and south depot. Was a great location!!! Hated leaving to come home!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Could someone remind me how far in advance online orders such as Walmart need to be placed ? Planning to have some snacks and water waiting for us when we arrive at POR in 32 days! :goodvibes Can't Wait!!!

Thanks!

-Kelly :wizard:

Really looking forward to POR. Got river view and hoping for Alligator Bayou or close to the path to the main pool. So glad Yee Haa Bob is still performing there. Did you like the carriage ride? How about surrey bike rides? And unfortunately, they recently stopped boat rentals... Hoping to spend a little more time enjoying the resort.

We stayed in Building 14 when we were here in 2012 before it was categorized as preferred. We've requested building 16 this time but I was wondering if anyone else had stayed in this building. We got absolutely NO wifi signal in building 14 and I'm wondering how the signal was in 16 (or if they've improved the wifi resort wide). It was a problem since our little guy went to sleep well before us and we couldn't really use the TV since it was right above his bed. We'd like to be able to surf the web while he's asleep.:happytv:

I have iOS 7.1 on my iPad mini. I have the same issue in Safari and if I click through the disboard app.

I tried the site on an iPad in a shop this afternoon, and I saw the same problems that other iOS users are seeing.

I've since found a couple of online iPad/iPhone emulators. In one of them, the site works fine. In another (which seems to actually use genuine Apple hardware and copy the screens directly via the web, but is only free for 30 mins and then needs a subscription) it behaves as per the iPad I tried in the shop, and menus don't drop down. The new layout seems to work fine on Apple Mac desktops by the way, it's only iOS mobile devices that have the problem.

I guess I really need some CSS element trace info from an iOS device - are there any developers out there would could do some tests for me?

Andre

Could you do me a favour and try again on the finished site using your iPhone, as I'm getting some comments from iPhone/iPad users saying that the menus are not working for them. If it does work, could you let me know the phone type, and the browser and IOS versions that you use? Thanks. As a temporary solution for now, IOS users should still be able to get to the whole site via the sitemap at www.portorleans.org/sitemap.php. Andre
I just tried tonight - saw your disclaimer but gave it as shot anyways and nothing. Looks beautiful however! I'll patiently wait until it's up and running. Thanks again :)

I just tried tonight - saw your disclaimer but gave it as shot anyways and nothing.

Thanks. Did the drop-down menus appear last week when you checked the test version and said it worked on your iPhone, or did you perhaps not try using the menus? If so, I know it's something that I changed after that test page - otherwise I need to look more generally. Thanks.

Andre

I tried the site on an iPad in a shop this afternoon, and I saw the same problems that other iOS users are seeing.

I've since found a couple of online iPad/iPhone emulators. In one of them, the site works fine. In another (which seems to actually use genuine Apple hardware and copy the screens directly via the web, but is only free for 30 mins and then needs a subscription) it behaves as per the iPad I tried in the shop, and menus don't drop down. The new layout seems to work fine on Apple Mac desktops by the way, it's only iOS mobile devices that have the problem.

I guess I really need some CSS element trace info from an iOS device - are there any developers out there would could do some tests for me?

Andre

I can tell you that it works fine on a Macbook Pro. It really seems to just be tablets and smaller.

Andre

Checked it out on my iPad and had no issues, with the menus or otherwise, other than the fact that I don't have flash and couldn't see a couple of pics (which is not the website's fault). And the site is fantastic--so helpful and informative, and super easy to navigate. I'm sure it takes a ton of work, thanks so much for maintaining it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter