Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now we have 2 standard rooms booked. We are really hoping for connection rooms and I would like to be somewhat close to the pool and transportation... should I try to upgrade? If so, to what type of room?

Okay, question...I hope this make sense.

We are staying at POR in October. We are a family of 5, but we will have one of our children in a room with his grandparents. We have a RO on October 18th, and then a Royal Room package from the 19th-25th. The grandparents will arrive on the 19th.

We are hoping to get up early on the 19th and get to Hollywood Studios to get the kids signed up for Jedi Training Academy. If the grandparents have not checked in yet, is there any way to get my son's (the one staying with them) park ticket activated?

Okay, question...I hope this make sense.

We are staying at POR in October. We are a family of 5, but we will have one of our children in a room with his grandparents. We have a RO on October 18th, and then a Royal Room package from the 19th-25th. The grandparents will arrive on the 19th.

We are hoping to get up early on the 19th and get to Hollywood Studios to get the kids signed up for Jedi Training Academy. If the grandparents have not checked in yet, is there any way to get my son's (the one staying with them) park ticket activated?

Yes, you can pick up/activate tickets up to 3 days early. This can be done at any Guest Services location outside one of the parks or at Downtown Disney.

Ohh and here is a teaser of a sticker for cars I am working on:

10438149_10152967258119546_274648651303451845_n_zps0d42b643.gif

Next one I am contemplating ones for POR!!!

So we have just returned to the UK following a wonderful 2 week vacation Prior to our DCL cruise we stayed a POR for 2 nights and it was our first time staying there. We are DVC members and usually stay in either Deluxe resorts or DVC villas We had booked a room in the preferred category, so were situated in the AB buildings and when I get myself settled back at home I should be able to share our actual room number and location! So our verdict? ..... AMAZING !!!! Our only regret is that we only had 2 nights there! My husband actually said, why are we DVC members if we can stay here? Our room was perfect, spotlessly clean and in a great location. CMs were delightful, facilities excellent and food delicious I honestly can't praise this resort highly enough and it will forever sit alongside Wilderness Lodge as our favorite resort Finally, thanks to this great thread for helping us to decide to stay at POR in the first place !!

Awesome! We have an upcoming first trip to POR after only staying at WL and we are excited to try it. It is great to hear about your positive experience.

Awesome! We have an upcoming first trip to POR after only staying at WL and we are excited to try it. It is great to hear about your positive experience.

I was going to say the same thing. We've stayed at BC and Poly before. This trip will be a split - POR and WL CL.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

i love it!!!

I will be making several, perhaps and most likely in a good color selection also. I just have to make sure I am not stepping on Disney's Copyrights. I already emailed them marketing to discuss that.

Hi, we booked a stay at POR in a rush when the free dining came out to include days over Christmas. I chose POR because we want the Murphy bed. I didn't realize that alligator bayou is a request rather than an actual booking. (And the cast member who took my reservation didn't tell me that either, when I said I wanted POR alligator bayou she said okay and didn't tell me it was just a request that might not be granted). I'm really hoping for that pull down bed because both of my kids are thrashers and it would make sleeping go soooo much better if each of them can have a separate bed.

Since it is a very busy time and there are just four of us, I'm guessing our odds aren't that good for getting alligator bayou?

After I figured it out, I tried to switch to a preferred room, because I gather that would guarantee us the pull down bed. But there are none available.

What is my best bet at this point? Try again for a preferred room about 45 days before our arrival date? And fax five days before?

Thanks!

What is my best bet at this point? Try again for a preferred room about 45 days before our arrival date? And fax five days before?

Yup, keep trying for preferred in the meantime, and send a fax five days out.

There are about twice as many AB rooms as there are regular mansion building ones, so you stand a good chance anyway. (There are never anywhere near enough families of five to fill up all of AB at any one time)

Andre

Yup, keep trying for preferred in the meantime, and send a fax five days out.

There are about twice as many AB rooms as there are regular mansion building ones, so you stand a good chance anyway. (There are never anywhere near enough families of five to fill up all of AB at any one time)

Andre

Thank you!

Hi! I booked a Garden View room for 3 nights. I was hoping for 4 nights, but at that time it was unavailable. So I kept looking online, and to my luck one day, that 4th night came available. But it was a River View room. I booked it - a separate reservation. So now I have 2 reservations back-to-back in 2 different rooms. Is it a good idea to fax a request asking to stay in the same room all 4 nights?

I'm so excited! We get to Shades of Green tomorrow for 4 nights and Port Orleans Riverside Saturday for 4 nights... we are celebrating my youngest daughter's 5th birthday and our 10 year anniversary. WOO HOO! :cool1::cheer2:

We hit the road in 10 hours! :drive:

Hi all!

We are staying at POR booked in a RR SV for this September. Last time we stayed there we were in AB and loved it. Unfortunately, all rooms other than RR were available for our stay this time. The RR don't excite me much, but I love POR. We have a SV room booked. Can anyone make suggestions based on location? I really don't want to face a parking lot ...unless it's really all there is. Do most SV room face parking lots? Are any locations better than others? I'm still slightly torn about this situations haha.

Any advice would be great!

Hi all!

We are staying at POR booked in a RR SV for this September. Last time we stayed there we were in AB and loved it. Unfortunately, all rooms other than RR were available for our stay this time. The RR don't excite me much, but I love POR. We have a SV room booked. Can anyone make suggestions based on location? I really don't want to face a parking lot ...unless it's really all there is. Do most SV room face parking lots? Are any locations better than others? I'm still slightly torn about this situations haha.

Any advice would be great!

http://portorleans.org/room-requests.php

Hi, we booked a stay at POR in a rush when the free dining came out to include days over Christmas. I chose POR because we want the Murphy bed. I didn't realize that alligator bayou is a request rather than an actual booking. (And the cast member who took my reservation didn't tell me that either, when I said I wanted POR alligator bayou she said okay and didn't tell me it was just a request that might not be granted). I'm really hoping for that pull down bed because both of my kids are thrashers and it would make sleeping go soooo much better if each of them can have a separate bed. Since it is a very busy time and there are just four of us, I'm guessing our odds aren't that good for getting alligator bayou? After I figured it out, I tried to switch to a preferred room, because I gather that would guarantee us the pull down bed. But there are none available. What is my best bet at this point? Try again for a preferred room about 45 days before our arrival date? And fax five days before? Thanks!

Did something change to include POR in the free dining promo? It was excluded for the 2014 season. Did you get a pin code? Just wondering because I'm staying at POR during free dining in October but it is excluded then.

So now I have 2 reservations back-to-back in 2 different rooms. Is it a good idea to fax a request asking to stay in the same room all 4 nights?

Definitely - and let them know you don't mind which category the room is, you only booked the River View as that was all that was available at the time.

Andre

Did something change to include POR in the free dining promo? It was excluded for the 2014 season. Did you get a pin code? Just wondering because I'm staying at POR during free dining in October but it is excluded then.

it was available via pin. they just sent a new wave of pins out last week so keep checking. i also booked christmas on FD with pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter