• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2013, Part Two [Thread now FULL and closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did this in August. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista. It was only $80 a night, which worried me at first being from the north east you don't find decent hotels that cheap very often. lol I travel often and am a bit of a hotel snob and I really enjoyed it. It was clean, comfortable and very close to restaurants and a mile or 2 from Walmart. There was an outdoor pool and it was in use but we went to Walmart & dinner. Then to bed nice an early to check in first thing at POR. The complimentary breakfast was good too with Mickey Waffles. Actually now that I think about it, our room keys were Monster Ink Univ ID cards. Nice touch.

I am so happy to read this! I am booking there for our night before check in. It is always nice to read a first hand experience.

Here! Can't believe we are back. We are wayyyy back in building 36 but got a great ground floor corner room. Close to the North bus stop. We've already seen a nice black racer snake lol. Oh we have a working fridge ( did not request one)

We will be there tomorrow around 1:00!!!! If you see a little girl in Cheshire Cat costume than it is probably us! We are staying in a Royal Room. I requested Parterre.

We will be there tomorrow around 1:00!!!! If you see a little girl in Cheshire Cat costume than it is probably us! We are staying in a Royal Room. I requested Parterre.

Hi!!! Your post caught my eye because I just finished making my DD's Cheshire Cat tail for her costume! We wont be there til 9/28 tho. Did you make yours or was it store bought?? All I found online were skanky adult versions :( I'm having fun making it though!

Have fun!!!

Here! Can't believe we are back. We are wayyyy back in building 36 but got a great ground floor corner room. Close to the North bus stop. We've already seen a nice black racer snake lol. Oh we have a working fridge ( did not request one)

Yay!!!! Hope you have a great vacation!

We actually requested bldg 34 or 37 thinking they would both be close to the parking lot and bus stops.We have a King room booked and it looked like those two buildings, along with bldg 14, had the greatest number of 1st floor kings ;-)

So I was able to upgrade my reservation from standard to garden view. Yay!Has anyone stayed in building 38 in a garden view room? There is just something that is drawing me to that building, even the non-river view rooms, although I'm sure they'd be the best! I know it is not super close to everything as I had originally thought I wanted, but it is an "easier" path, I guess and close to pool area and gives us the North Depot as an option as well. I was thinking we would request "as close to the main River path as possible", hoping for building 38. I figure everyone else is requesting close to the main buildings, so our odds might be better anyway. : )

There are alot more trees around the mansions than I had previously thought! Are the rooms quiet?

The trees always look somewhat fuller from the air, on the ground they are not quite so compressed (apart from Magnolia Terrace, the courtyard there is pretty full).

And as for the rooms, I find they generally don't make much noise at all, it's mostly the guests that make the noise. :)

So I was able to upgrade my reservation from standard to garden view. Yay!Has anyone stayed in building 38 in a garden view room?

38 is great, it really isn't much of a walk along the riverbank pathway to the food court, and it's even easier to get to Ol' Man Island for the swimming pool. Very nice location IMHO.

Andre

Hi!!! Your post caught my eye because I just finished making my DD's Cheshire Cat tail for her costume! We wont be there til 9/28 tho. Did you make yours or was it store bought?? All I found online were skanky adult versions :( I'm having fun making it though!

Have fun!!!

I found hers on ebay. I saw the skanky adult ones!:rotfl:
The brand of hers is called Trendy Halloween. It is really cute!
I am not crafty at all so I had to buy one lol! I will try to post a pic.
I have never posted a pic on here before haha!

The trees always look somewhat fuller from the air, on the ground they are not quite so compressed (apart from Magnolia Terrace, the courtyard there is pretty full).

And as for the rooms, I find they generally don't make much noise at all, it's mostly the guests that make the noise. :)

38 is great, it really isn't much of a walk along the riverbank pathway to the food court, and it's even easier to get to Ol' Man Island for the swimming pool. Very nice location IMHO.

Andre

Thanks Andre. I'm going to go with that then I think. I know everything has pros and cons anyway but it just seemed like it had a little of everything. : )
I definitely trust your opinion. It doesn't hurt that my nephew's name is Andre. I guess that transfers into trust, idk. :goodvibes

Headed to POR 10/12-10/16 and trying to figure out where to request a room. Booked in a garden view. It's my mom (64), me and DS6 and DD8. This is their first trip to disney. The hitch is that my mom had unexpected knee surgery last week. Hoping she can manage the parks, but I hate for her to have to trek all over the resort after a long day at the parks.

Any suggestions on a location to request? We will do the pool at least one day. We have ADRs for dinners and will likely eat lunch in the parks so we would likely only hit the food court once a day if even that.

TIA!

Alligator Bayou Building 14 is closest to everything, but will cost a little bit more per night (I'm thinking $15 for the preferred location per night). That being said, and having had 7 knee surgeries myself, have you given any thought to your mother renting an ECV for the trip? Just for laughs, our last trip to POR, I brought my pedometer with me, and we averaged 12 miles of walking per day among the parks and resort. The high, btw, was 18 but that was the day that EMH at the magic kingdom was open unitl 1am.

Tom

The hitch is that my mom had unexpected knee surgery last week. Hoping she can manage the parks, but I hate for her to have to trek all over the resort after a long day at the parks. Any suggestions on a location to request?

Rather than requesting a particular location, let them know the situation that your mum now finds herself in, and ask for a room as close as possible to the main building and bus stop. That gives them the flexibility to look for whatever they've got available that might help you.

Andre

Alligator Bayou Building 14 is closest to everything, but will cost a little bit more per night (I'm thinking $15 for the preferred location per night). That being said, and having had 7 knee surgeries myself, have you given any thought to your mother renting an ECV for the trip? Just for laughs, our last trip to POR, I brought my pedometer with me, and we averaged 12 miles of walking per day among the parks and resort. The high, btw, was 18 but that was the day that EMH at the magic kingdom was open unitl 1am.

Tom

I suggested that and got a very chilly response! :). It will be an interesting trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter